Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

1 minute ago, ntotoro said:

Doesn’t that involve draft picks as punishment? It has already been said there are no draft picks involved. Which hire would it be? Not Rivera, whose mere interview supposedly checked that box.

yeah, that’s a concern I’d have, about the football side anyway. Both things have been said, first the Rooney rule thing, and then the no draft picks punishment , which do conflict.

I mean this goes back years by the sounds of it, so who knows. Was Gruden brought in because we couldn’t get interest from anyone else. Can’t recall.

Either way, I’ll be pissed if we are punished in picks/cap etc.

if for whatever reason we lose draft picks as a result of this, that'll be infuriating. 

first off nothing about this has been giving the team a competitive advantage, that's pretty obvious, so why should the punishment be something designed to alleviate that scenario. 

and two taking away draft picks punishes fans as much as it does the team and we really dont deserve any more punishment than we've already recieved over the last 25 years.

Goodell it's time for you to realize that we the fans deserve some restitution for all that we've been put through and take some action on our behalf for once.

3 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

I thought this was fairly public knowledge?  It broke back in 2013, but the "official" story broke in 2014 and didn't name him.  Also HTTR24_7 guy was another one.  RG3 was sending weiner pictures to him (allegedly, but...there were leaks of RG3 taking shirtless pictures and sending them to other females on his wedding night...so it's believable).  Now we know why he hated Kirk with a passion.  

How did I miss this?

Why would RG3 be texting pics of his junk to Redskins bloggers?

And what does that have to do with Cousins?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Could have had him sign a NDA.

Id just be careful with accusing anyone of these things. 

I'm not accusing him. There is certainly a chance that he's not involved in whatever the sordid details are here. It's just my opinion that the way things look right now don't bode well for that chance. 

4 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Hey man...I get where you're coming from right..that was me wasnt it?...well I know longer have a defense mechanism.

Makes me wonder why wouldn't players on the team say something if they knew **** was going on?..

If the Kapri Bibbs story is true, there you go.  High-paid guys like norman were getting paid, others were participating like Phil Daniels threatening someone, while Bibbs got benched for sleeping with Gruden's side piece, so the low end of the totem poll guys weren't going to say anything.  

2 minutes ago, redskinss said:

if for whatever reason we lose draft picks as a result of this, that'll be infuriating. 

first off nothing about this has been giving the team a competitive advantage, that's pretty obvious, so why should the punishment be something designed to alleviate that scenario. 

and two taking away draft picks punishes fans as much as it does the team and we really dont deserve any more punishment than we've already recieved over the last 25 years.

Goodell it's time for you to realize that we the fans deserve some restitution for all that we've been put through and take some action on our behalf for once.

Goodell acts on behalf of owners.  So unless they want Snyder gone, he won't do anything other than slap Snyder on the wrist. 

Just now, redskinss said:

I think this is tied into the ownership issue.

If the issue is big enough that the owner gets canned then I don't think the NFL penalizes the team at all. In fact, it'd probably be stupid too as all the actors would be gone. They might suspend or fine players I suppose, but the team would be free.

Now, the reason it would be free would likely be because they don't want to scare off potential owners. You don't ask someone to pay billions of dollars under that kind of cloud. You make a big deal about how justice was served by the cleaning of house and now everything is new and fresh and wonderful.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

To quote Shane McMahon Money Money Money Money 

Sooo bruce allen was paying them to be quite?..

That's the absolute problem with the people in this country...if you see something going on say something..dont be a coward..I dont care if it puts your job in jeopardy rather you make 11 an hour or 3 million a year..SAY SOMETHING!!

19 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

How about not being the guy that jumps into the thread to throw the race card with no other statements to back it up?  Sound good?

....coming bad news is connected directly to the firings of two senior executives, Alex Santos and Richard Mann. The words “sexism” and “racism” have been thrown out there, along with the description, “toxic culture”, so we have some strong hints about the nature of the coming revelations.....

https://www.hogshaven.com/2020/7/16/21326838/bombshell-report-about-toxic-culture-at-redskins-park-coming-out-is-dan-snyder-in-trouble

Now you remember, you said I put race into this discussion... but this link was posted first.

I’m thinking that you may be one of those “not this race...card...baiting...whatever stuff again guys” along with your emoji cheerleaders.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Sooo bruce allen was paying them to be quite?..

That's the absolute problem with the people in this country...if you see something going on say something..dont be a coward..I dont care if it puts your job in jeopardy rather you make 11 an hour or 3 million a year..SAY SOMETHING!!

Like I said in my posts a few up.  Cushy contract and promises of potentially getting some cheerleader tail (See this is why we can’t be named RedTails) while getting high and drunk. All while being kept under wraps.  Amazing how crappy our free agency has been when you see what we offer honestly. 

Edited by RichmondRedskin88

13 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Hey man...I get where you're coming from right..that was me wasnt it?...well I no longer have a defense mechanism.

Makes me wonder why wouldn't players on the team say something if they knew **** was going on?..

Good question, but tough question. That's always the relevant thought when a story about a company comes out like this. Part of it is that if it's not hurting them, most people don't like to burn bridges and rock the boat, unfortunately. It's why we have a whole term (whistleblowers) and protections in certain instances for the few who feel compelled to speak in some industries. NFL careers average 3 years or less and have permanent health concerns attached. Right or wrong, a lot of guys probably just look out for #1 and move on. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Who gives a ****. People who have been here have the right to be bitter, even aside from all this new report stuff lol. Your fanhood's automated defensive system is kicking in despite participating in a thread completely about all the terrible stuff this organization has been about. There's no need to act like ex-players should shut up just bc they got paid here. It sucked here.

Youre crying way too much.  My point is that Josh Norman sucked here.  It has nothing to do with Washington being a great franchise that should be celebrated despite its faults and shortcomings.  Where did I say that?  You and your co-signers look foolish.

2 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

Youre crying way too much.  My point is that Josh Norman sucked here.  It has nothing to do with Washington being a great franchise that should be celebrated despite its faults and shortcomings.  Where did I say that?  You and your co-signers look foolish.

Hey I'm not a co signer..I use co signers

I thought the 'Lawyers are involved,' tweets were kind of weird.  It's a multi-billion dollar company.  They'd have lawyers involved for just about anything.

I do think the story is going to be a big deal.  The fact that team announced a name change on Monday and that's the second most newsworthy team news this week is telling.  That said, I think the Twitter hype train has probably taken it to a point where we'll still be underwhelmed when its all out.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

Sounds more like you have an unhealthy dislike for Josh Norman because he didn't play well here that leads you to believe he's not allowed to say anything about his time in DC.

• Like 1

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Sounds more like you have an unhealthy dislike for Josh Norman because he didn't play well here that leads you to believe he's not allowed to say anything about his time in DC.

Do you want him back?

8 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

You said he should just keep quiet or say no comment now because commenting on this fiasco is sour grapes coming from him and looks like a "parting shot" were the words you used. That is foolish, because speaking on this has nothing to do with whether the player was good or bad or paid well or not. 

• Like 1

Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

You said he should just keep quiet or say no comment now because commenting on this fiasco is sour grapes coming from him and looks like a "parting shot" were the words you used. That is foolish, because speaking on this has nothing to do with whether the player was good or bad or paid well or not. 

Yes it does and you know it does.  I’m not arguing with you because it’s dumb.

4 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Good question, but tough question. That's always the relevant thought when a story about a company comes out like this. Part of it is that if it's not hurting them, most people don't like to burn bridges and rock the boat, unfortunately. It's why we have a whole term (whistleblowers) and protections in certain instances for the few who feel compelled to speak in some industries. NFL careers average 3 years or less and have permanent health concerns attached. Right or wrong, a lot of guys probably just look out for #1 and move on. 

Soooooo if the farmer I work for is hiding dead bodies under all the manure and I know about it I shouldn't say anything because I get free milk and cheese and get to occasionally buy myself lunch with the company card?...

Nope I'm gonna say something..to much b.s in this country..not enough whistle blowers