Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

10 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

I want to know the person who revealed all this that led to the firings? Did Riviera find out and confront Snyder?  Did Snyder even know it or was he told and tried to clear house before everything got the fan? If so who found out and told him?  You can’t tell me all this was going on and the name change caused the whole let’s just fire everyone thing. Clearly this was a separate event going on at the same time. 

I think there's a decent chance that the reporting itself could have caused the most recent firings, with the story coming out soon, rather than any spontaneous team-side "discovery" of wrongdoing. 

Edited by ConnSKINS26

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Hogs Haven has some stuff here, if true, it follows a series of tweets from a dude about it, I presume same guy from Reddit.

https://www.hogshaven.com/2020/7/16/21326838/bombshell-report-about-toxic-culture-at-redskins-park-coming-out-today-is-dan-snyder-in-trouble

Does anyone else find it kind of icky that HogsHaven is running this article that features the tweets from its own ex-employee where part of the story is that they, HogsHaven, wouldn't let him run his original story? Weird. And now that they don't have to be courageous and don't have to fear repercussions for publishing the allegations, they still get to profit off the clicks received in part from people reading about their own small part in all this.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

I want to know the person who revealed all this that led to the firings? Did Riviera find out and confront Snyder?  Did Snyder even know it or was he told and tried to clear house before everything got the fan? If so who found out and told him?  You can’t tell me all this was going on and the name change caused the whole let’s just fire everyone thing. Clearly this was a separate event going on at the same time. 

The team has a good idea of the scope of the story at this point because they would have been asked for comment. 

29 minutes ago, Burgold said:

When I worked in the media we did. Getting the story right and verifying it to the best degree possible using multiple sourcing (as many as you could get your hands on) was key. There were, however, certain stories that demanded you up your game.

Social media is a double bladed sword. The impetus to break the story has reduced the degree of fact checking because traditional media can never be as fast as twitter or bloggers, however, the safeguards are still there and for many still cared about.

Yeah but if it isn’t your story, why not report in at least vague terms what the story is about?

Or stfu. The teases from people who aren’t on the story are, at best, unprofessional. At worst, they’re dodging their responsibility as journalists. 

• Like 1

It always seemed pretty well known by local reporters and radio hosts that Bruce and Dan would stay drinking/partying in Dan's suite at FedEx until early Monday mornings after games. I wonder if any part of the story deals with things that occurred while they were doing that.

5 minutes ago, worstSeat said:

Yeah but if it isn’t your story, why not report in at least vague terms what the story is about?

Or stfu. The teases from people who aren’t on the story are, at best, unprofessional. At worst, they’re dodging their responsibility as journalists. 

Because they aren't the journalists with newspaper-backed lawyers combing through everything to make sure they can't be sued. I agree the rest is annoying but not spilling the beans makes a great deal of sense if they don't have ALL the facts and none of the legal protections if they get a fact or rumor wrong while spilling. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Does anyone else find it kind of icky that HogsHaven is running this article that features the tweets from its own ex-employee where part of the story is that they, HogsHaven, wouldn't let him run his original story? Weird. And now that they don't have to be courageous and don't have to fear repercussions for publishing the allegations, they still get to profit off the clicks received in part from people reading about their own small part in all this.

From their end, I gather they don't want a lawsuit especially with all the rumblings about lawyers involved, etc with the story.  So agree they are having their cake and eat it too. 

Personally, I think Larry Michael leaving abruptly comes off too weird to not be some sort of harbinger to this story.  Not saying that Larry is involved.  I am one of the rare people on this board who liked Larry.  From my limited experiences, he struck me a good guy.  But larry not wanting to hang around perhaps to deal with this stuff considering he is their lead PR guy -- I think at least is a possibility. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 11

1 hour ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

I’ve yet to see anything race related so unless you have something suggesting there’s a race element this creating unnecessary race issues/race baiting. 

It was a hypothetical question because of the way they are hinting about the new-s to come out today. As if it is something of that nature that would cause him to have to sell the team.

Are you socially consciously offensively sensitive?

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

From their end, I gather they don't want a lawsuit especially with all the rumblings about lawyers involved, etc with the story.  So agree they are having their cake and eat it too. 

Personally, I think Larry Michael leaving abruptly comes off too weird to not be some sort of harbinger to this story.  Not saying that Larry is involved.  I am one of the rare people on this board who liked Larry.  From my limited experiences, he struck me a good guy.  But larry not wanting to hang around perhaps to deal with this stuff considering he is their lead PR guy -- I think at least is a possibility. 

That ex-HogsHaven guy straight up tweeted that the team made multiple women sign NDA's after being harrassed or assaulted by Larry. So we'll see. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, max21 said:

This is like a game day thread now lmao

But this time...we've got a better chance at winning.

4 minutes ago, Rogue Jedi said:

It is game day. Snyder and Co. vs the Washington Post

Snyder vs. the WaPo and Bruce Allen.

That Hogs Haven link, that guy Harrison Weinhold seems to know what's up.  If all of that is true, it's certainly bad but I am not sure if it is bad enough to force Snyder out.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Snyder can’t recover from this. No way. The story hasn’t been released but the tip of the iceberg is damaging enough.

This legal wrangling is about people preserving individual reputations. 

Bigger picture, Snyder is done as the head of this organisation. We have marginal to poor credibility at the best of times. 

Fans, sponsors, etc. They will not be appeased by just a name change anymore.

Thats my take. He’s toast.

• Like 3