Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

9 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I agree with you.

But I just want to point out that if Bezos buys the team, you are the chalk play if we started a pool to bet who would be the homer most likely to argue about the technicalities of the circumstances lol--that the WP was after Snyder long before Bezos, that the story needed to be told and wasn't manufactured, that there's no proof that he directed or ordered the reporting. You know it's true! 🤣

That you think my stances over the years are rooted in nothing more than being a "homer" is disappointing and sad lol....

7 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

That you think my stances over the years are rooted in nothing more than being a "homer" is disappointing and sad lol....

No, I think you like to work in specific established facts rather than convenient emotional narratives, which with this team has many times put you in the unenviable position of technically arguing in defense of idiots purely because you hate when people jump on a false or exaggerated narrative to make their point. Which is sometimes mistaken for homerism.

But that's not nearly as funny!

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

No, I think you like to work in specific established facts rather than convenient emotional narratives, which with this team has many times put you in the unenviable position of technically arguing in defense of idiots purely because you hate when people jump on a false or exaggerated narrative to make their point. Which is sometimes mistaken for homerism.

But that's not nearly as funny!

I was actually just trying to make a "sad and disappointing" joke lol...way to ruin it!

• Haha 1

By the way, I don't know the timeline but some on twitter are saying that the game where Gruden "benched" Bibbs for sleeping with his "side piece" or whatever you kids are saying nowadays, that's the game where Bibb's replacement whiffed on the block that resulted in Alex Smith's broken leg that almost cost him his life.

If that's true, can you imagine the criticisms that will be launched in Gruden's direction?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

By the way, I don't know the timeline but some on twitter are saying that the game where Gruden "benched" Bibbs for sleeping with his "side piece" or whatever you kids are saying nowadays, that's the game where Bibb's replacement whiffed on the block that resulted in Alex Smith's broken leg that almost cost him his life.

If that's true, can you imagine the criticisms that will be launched in Gruden's direction?

The cause and effect from this article is going to be devastating to a lot of careers and families. It just hit me after reading that twitter piece how much this whole thing sucks. Gruden is a POS and I actually liked the guy basically his whole tenure here. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 1

I read somewhere a few pages back that Bruce could be the one leaking a lot of this to the WaPo?

But even if true, he's no hero. He's the one who hired Jay, his TB and OAK cronies, and started this "damn good culutre" 10 years ago, which coincides with the timeline of the leaks saying this all happened. I'm sure he's a participant. 

Just now, Rogue Jedi said:

I read somewhere a few pages back that Bruce could be the one leaking a lot of this to the WaPo?

But even if true, he's no hero. He's the one who hired Jay, his TB and OAK cronies, and started this "damn good culutre" 10 years ago, which coincides with the timeline of the leaks saying this all happened. I'm sure he's a participant. 

I have suggested Bruce is heavily involved in this coming together, but yeah I find that odd too. Bruce must have dirty paws as well. Quite surprising that when Dan forced him out of office he wouldn’t have paid him to keep quiet. 

very intriguing.

Just now, Burgundy Yoda said:

Apparently there's nothing on today's WaPo. It's irritating how everyone important seemingly has this information that's so crazy, yet we aren't important enough to get it. 

Some heavy **** that might end up with the lawyers. No margin for error here.

1 minute ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Some heavy **** that might end up with the lawyers. No margin for error here.

Eventually we're going to get to the point where Dan Snyder released the coronavirus. The hype is getting out of control and the media guys aren't helping. 

15 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Apparently there's nothing on today's WaPo. It's irritating how everyone important seemingly has this information that's so crazy, yet we aren't important enough to get it. 

Social media clout is more important these days. Just wait till they ban tick tock, people will lose their minds. 

6 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

They can drop this news at any time, right?  With everything online, isn't "in the paper" a thing of the past?  I haven't had a WaPo subscription in years, quite frankly I don't know how this **** works anymore.

Can't they put it up online and in the paper tomorrow?

yes. But if the plan as we've been told was to release today, theyd release on both platforms. My guess is tomorrow unless some of these "in the know" guys that actually know start to leak and they get pushed up. I dont think this will keep quiet another day. 

thats a guess based on nothing btw lol

Edited by benskins26
  • Like 1