Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

1 minute ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Not that I'm actively trying to minimize the hurt and humiliation to those this impacted (I really feel bad for them), but man, what a shot in the arm this could be if in one well swoop, we attracted more fans sans the name, got rid of Snyder, and got Frank Herzog back to call games.

Man, what a shot in the arm

Frank has to be approaching 80 now, no chance he returns. Are we gonna bring in Warner Wolf to do the Redwolves pre-game show too? 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Not that I'm actively trying to minimize the hurt and humiliation to those this impacted (I really feel bad for them), but man, what a shot in the arm this could be if in one well swoop, we attracted more fans sans the name, got rid of Snyder, and got Frank Herzog back to call games.

Man, what a shot in the arm

This is what's keeping me around.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

And to think of all the times I defended the team here and anywhere basically, the time and money I've spent..god I feel like a fool now

Glad this one could happen in The Stadium so you can play your part in this ****show, tater. Buckle up.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, CapsSkins said:

Man I gotta say as a bit of gallows humor... y’all have been on fire in this thread tonight. 😂😂

I have a feeling once the story is out we’ll all be depressed, so might as well get a few laughs in now while we can. 

How would one be depressed with snyder being on the outs?

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Glad this one could happen in The Stadium so you can play your part in this ****show, tater. Buckle up.

Sorry..

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, CapsSkins said:

Man I gotta say as a bit of gallows humor... y’all have been on fire in this thread tonight. 😂😂

I have a feeling once the story is out we’ll all be depressed, so might as well get a few laughs in now while we can. 

If there's one thing we've gotten extraordinary good at over the years, it's the self-deprecating gallows humor that brings us all together as we fall deeper into the abyss. 

It's the corny day-to-day humor we suck at, when things are going well. We crush the topics of misery and despair though. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

All that talk about how Bruce has got to have something in his back pocket is blaring now. With how all of Dc media seems complicit, I still wonder how Ernie Grunfield lasted 17...

Im not shocked by the trade of info, as I thought that was the unspoken word throughout all media. But it’s looking like the details are about to be spilt. Like some others here, I know I’ve defended some stuff years back that now is getting corroborated. Sigh. 

2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Listen man, I'm not just saying this due to fanhood, as I was not alive for the Gibbs I years...he was pretty "with it" for his age, but I could easily see the dude keeping his head down and focusing on football and just seeing the best in people when he came back to the game. I could see an entire viper pit operating around him every day, but being stealthy enough about the details that it wasn't on his radar.

It also could have become much more prominent under Allen for ten years.

He's going to get a mic in his face and have to choose his words wisely.

I'm with you, but we don't know what he tried to look past yet.

No doubt in my mind Sean dying broke him.  No doubt in my mind even if he finished his contract he wasn't extending it.

He shoulda came back as team president, not coach, that's lesson I learned from that era. He probably didn't want to because of what he knew.

I'm hoping for the best for him, really am.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Bruh you gotta change that **** to “Jayson” real quick!!

Haha yea, only me, his mother and all of extreme skins (now) know the story. I think I’ll keep it to myself until he develops my sick sense of humor later in life.

4 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

oh no

Yea wild man, this whole situation just got me a bit emotional. 🥴

but we will all have a lot to discuss in the coming days. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bakedtater1 said:

Sorry..

No man I'm sincerely happy for you that you can be a part of this, since you missed the wild stuff happening in the name change thread in the Tailgate the past week. This feels like a momentous time in our lives as fans of this team, for bad or worse. You're a quirky dude but one thing I can say with absolute certainty is that you are passionate about this team 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Toe Jam said:

I'm working in the Alaskan wilderness this summer. 

Did not think I would be out here using up precious bandwidth to stalk ES. 

Damn you Synder. 

Could be worse. You could be here with us in the DC area still, dying slowly of quarantine cancer :)

Don't get eaten by a Grizzly. Be a shame to prepare all your life to get blown up by Yellowstone,  to just get mauled to smithereens before your time comes :cheers:

• Haha 3

I feel bad for the players who are innocent man. I know a lot of players probably just view being a Redskins (or a “TBD” at the moment) as a paycheck, but damn... this is some next level ****. Imagine being Jon Allen or Ryan Kerrigan w/ a mic in your face being asked about all types of sordid **** way above your pay grade. I wonder if anyone will request a trade.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

No man I'm sincerely happy for you that you can be a part of this, since you missed the wild stuff happening in the name change thread in the Tailgate the past week. This feels like a momentous time in our lives as fans of this team, for bad or worse. You're a quirky dude but one thing I can say with absolute certainty is that you are passionate about this team 

Thanks man..I know koolblue is about to blow his top that I'm even allowed here. 

• Haha 1

I'm just now getting caught up on all the stuff this Garrison Weinhold guy is saying. No idea who he is but like I said, I'm no longer discounting anything lol...if what he's saying is true, there will be more than one expose' written and it won't be written by anyone associated with the Washington Post. Right now I'm reading his tweets where he's eviscerating local ports media's role in whatever is about to be reported.

It's gonna be tough, but I'm going to try and probably fail to grab a few hours of sleep. Wonder what the **** I'm going to wake up to.

See you good people later.

2 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Keith on Twitter (kgskins26) dropping nugget that Smoot was banging Kelli Johnson back in the day for info. 😂 Damn the tea really getting spilled now lmao

Explains his divorce. 

Can't wait to see the movie that will be made about this team.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Rattlesnake88 said:

Haha yea, only me, his mother and all of extreme skins (now) know the story. I think I’ll keep it to myself until he develops my sick sense of humor later in life.

There's the Simpsons episode where Homer J. Simpson doesn't know his full middle name but finds out it's "Jay." Maybe you can pull off the reverse of that. On second thought that makes no sense but it's what your post made me think of, it's 2:40 in the morning, and this damn article needs to drop. 

• Haha 1

Yeah anyone else find it weird Kelvin Harmon tore his ACL and we didn’t hear about it for a month AFTER he already had surgery?? Why weren’t these media ****-heads doing their job on actual football news??

I have ALWAYS found many of the local sports media types to be very smug, condescending and holier-than-thou on social media. Like I get there are a lot of annoying fans out there, but you don’t have to engage with them. And y’all MF aren’t Woodward and Bernstein. Jesus. Some of these media types tweet like they’re Ronan Farrow out here