Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

2 minutes ago, worstSeat said:

This is all a reminder that if you want to be a continuous, long-term fan, you're going to be a fan of the owner. There's no "team" outside of that context. 

Good point. The most obvious connection to the new team and the Redskins (aside from still being located in DC) is that the owner is still "the team." That's a disturbing thought...

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Destino said:

Story hasn’t published yet, so we haven’t hit rock bottom.  We’re just falling now.  Scared.  Unsure of how bad it will hurt.  We’re all Hans Gruber at about this point here:

Ya, speaking towards aftermath of this story, I'm not sure what's left outside moving the franchise. 

Tell all books may be next, it's gonna be hard to bring new fans in until the dust settles, but this may be the dam finally breaking on how bad this franchise really is.

Is that rock bottom for us as fans? A pariah organization with 3 letters everywhere, #metoo, and all our gear treated like confederate flags?

2020 bingo chart filling up...

The old guard beat writers being fairly silent on all this is kinda weird.

I mean, I don't think Keim was blowing out Bruce's back for scoops or anything, and he is not really a news-breaker, but still he's had very little to say. 

• Haha 2

You know this has me thinking...

I’m a huge Caps fan and was always a big fan of Tarik El-Bashir when he was the Post Caps beat reporter. He eventually moved on to covering the Skins, which was disappointing but not surprising as a lot of Caps reporters moved onto the Skins beat bc it was a bigger opportunity and career launching pad. Then, relatively shortly thereafter, Tarik announced he was moving *back* to the Caps beat. I know he has a son who plays college hockey and he said it was because he loved hockey and missed the beat, which at the time I took at face value. But now I wonder whether he caught a whiff of what was going down at Redskins Park and said no thank you, don’t need that on my conscience and peace’d out...

Edited by CapsSkins
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, BraveWarrior said:

Who knew that "draining the swamp" was going to apply to the swamp's NFL team? 

People have gotten cynical but this is the duty-bound purpose of the Fourth Estate, and seeing it in action is a beautiful thing. That's why the conscious undermining of the trust in (credible) journalists is so damn dangerous.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Depending upon what actually is in the final story we may end up in a position where Goodell is the only person that can save our franchise.

His reaction will be everything. Does he back Danny or does he organize the other owners behind an effort to cleanse our team once and for all from the taint of Snyder's stewardship.

Just now, TrancesWithWolves said:

Depending upon what actually is in the final story we may end up in a position where Goodell is the only person that can save our franchise.

His reaction will be everything. Does he back Danny or does he organize the other owners behind an effort to cleanse our team once and for all from the taint of Snyder's stewardship.

I think you've got it backwards in a way. Goodell is the face but he really works for the 32 owners. They pay him well to be universally hated as the face of the NFL's incompetency in certain matters, but he is not the top dog really. He won't be rallying them, they will be telling him how to react. 

• Like 3

Local media needs to be careful about what they say if they knew all along and didn't say anything outside "toxic".  

Ok, we have these things called laws, so if folks knew and were just part of the blackmail and made cryptic hit pieces to make up for that, that doesn't make them heroes.

Edited by Renegade7

1 minute ago, Califan007 said:

Why do I get the feeling that every single out-there delusional speculation and no-way-in-hell conspiracy theory debated here on ES over the years it about to be proven as fact lol...😐

Because that would be on-brand for 2020. 

• Like 2

Why do I get the feeling that every single out-there delusional speculation and no-way-in-hell conspiracy theory debated here on ES over the years it about to be proven as fact lol...😐

Uh oh. When Califan flips from essentially "you guys are getting really out there compared to the stuff we were discussing 12 hours ago" to this, we've got trouble.

Welcome to the overreaction crew, name tags are over there, Mr. Sinister is mixing up drinks in the back, and tso is keeping out the riff-raff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I think you've got it backwards in a way. Goodell is the face but he really works for the 32 owners. They pay him well to be universally hated as the face of the NFL's incompetency in certain matters, but he is not the top dog really. He won't be rallying them, they will be telling him how to react. 

Jerry Jones (the most powerful owner) is the wild card. Apparently he's good friends with Dan so that might be his only saving grace, who knows what Snyder has on that guy.

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Local media needs to be careful about what they say if they knew all along and didn't say anything outside "toxic".  

Ok, we have these things called laws, so if folks knew and were just part of the blackmail and made cryptic hit pieces to make up for that, that doesn't make them heroes.

Probably why this has, and always been hush hush. It's the WaPo breaking it tho. That makes this different 

Because that's exactly what's going to happen.

At minimum what lead to the rumor will eventually be clarified and co-oberated as folks start signing book deals. Or confessing for lesser charges...

45 minutes ago, thesubmittedone said:

Not exactly what I was getting at but 

Now that i actually googled that word, i get what you’re getting at now 😂 that he was getting out cause he knew of events that have happened in the past. I agree. 

but also I’m probably right that now he’s counting his lucky stars he got out when he did. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I think generally you are correct but on something like this there may be no clear consensus among the owners. It may be like herding cats but if anyone is in position to sway wavering owners to one side or the other it's him.

• Like 2

Remember the prude old days when our biggest scandal was having to trade our future HOF CB in a trash deal because he was cheating on his wife? Ahh, simplicity. 

Edited by ConnSKINS26
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Probably why this has, and always been hush hush. It's the WaPo breaking it tho. That makes this different 

Does it though?

I remember when they weren't outside looking in, if someone gave them the go ahead to pile with everything they already knew...

We in for a world of hurt if Bezos is using the Washington Post to take the team from Dan.  We getting played, bro.

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Does it though?

I remember when they weren't outside looking in, if someone gave them the go ahead to pile with everything they already knew...

We in for a world of hurt if Bezos is using the Washington Post to take the team from Dan.  We getting played, bro.

How did the Bezos connection start in this thread? Just because of WaPo ownership (and he's insanely rich)?

I don't get the Bezos stuff at all. The rest, however, is way too believable.

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Does it though?

If this stuff actually went down they played themselves and deserve everything that happens. 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Does it though?

Different because WaPo isn't really affiliated with the ones that could be in hot water (Fox5, NBC,News8, Channel7, CSN, etc).

This does feel like a GoT power play by Bezos, but whatever, man. I'm just so fed up with Snyder that I don't mind catching shrapnel from this bomb about to take him out.

In this kind of rarefied air, I'd rather go with the Devil I don't know

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2