Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

11 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Uh oh. When Califan flips from essentially "you guys are getting really out there compared to the stuff we were discussing 12 hours ago" to this, we've got trouble.

Welcome to the overreaction crew, name tags are over there, Mr. Sinister is mixing up drinks in the back, and tso is keeping out the riff-raff.

Tequila and red pills for everybody. Welcome to the real world, Neo

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, worstSeat said:

How did the Bezos connection start in this thread? Just because of WaPo ownership (and he's insanely rich)?

I don't get the Bezos stuff at all. The rest, however, is way too believable.

Don't underestimate this man.

6 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

If this stuff actually went down they played themselves and deserve everything that happens. 

I didn't sign up for this, I just rooted for the team my dad liked and both from the area.

• Like 3

Assuming Snyder IS forced out, would Bezos even be allowed to buy the team? Considering he owns the news media that is going to be breaking the story, wouldn't he be blocked on grounds of conflict of interest? Or is that not a thing in the NFL?

Edited by Coolio47
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Jerry Jones (the most powerful owner) is the wild card. Apparently he's good friends with Dan so that might be his only saving grace, who knows what Snyder has on that guy.

Jerry's best friend is money.

I've always suspected that the amity between Jerruh and Danny is somewhat one sided and aspirational. With Snyder playing the naive puppy love smitten suitor.

Danny respects and looks up to Jerry. While Jerry thinks Dan is somewhat of a socially awkward but nevertheless useful rube. He chums it up with him Texan style so he always has him in his back pocket if needed.

Just my take from afar.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Different because WaPo isn't really affiliated with the ones that could be in hot water (Fox5, NBC,News8, Channel7, CSN, etc).

This does feel like a GoT power play by Bezos, but whatever, man. I'm just so fed up with Snyder that I don't mind catching shrapnel from this bomb about to take him out.

In this kind of rarefied air, I'd rather go with the Devil I don't know

Definitely "is what it is" territory.  

My feelings on Bezos are more tailgate material, but this is where I miss BenningRoad because he would back me up in how controversial he is in his own way.

The writing on how bad a devil Bezos is is already out there, will he treat us like the Washington Post or his Amazon employees he's using thermal cameras to get ahead of folks unionizing in warehouses?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, worstSeat said:

How did the Bezos connection start in this thread? Just because of WaPo ownership (and he's insanely rich)?

I don't get the Bezos stuff at all. The rest, however, is way too believable.

The "insanely rich" part is the key.  Bezos maybe made a one dollar bet with Giants owner John Mara that he could take Dan Snyder's team from him.  Watch the movie Trading Places.  This is how the insanely rich amuse themselves.

tradingplacesdukes.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Destino said:

yikes, certainly doesn’t speak well for the profession.

It's a cutthroat, image based business where prime, blockbuster information is king. I think painting female reporters as whores looking for the next big scoop is wrong in SO many ways, and part of the reason I support the #MeToo movement (to shine a light on this kind of crap), but I would be incredibly naive to think it doesn't happen.

It's a dirty world, especially for them.  For some, I'm sure it's basically "You gotta do what/who you gotta do"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Still nothing yet?

Could be a whole load of careers put to the sword today. 

You haven't jumped off lf this sinking ship yet? You're in the UK latch onto the Jags since they will be in your region in a few years.

Just now, spjunkies said:

You haven't jumped off lf this sinking ship yet? You're in the UK latch onto the Jags since they will be in your region in a few years.

nope I’m in for the long haul. 

even though the current climate around the team is rotten to the core, I see better days ahead.....

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Coolio47 said:

Assuming Snyder IS forced out, would Bezos even be allowed to buy the team? Considering he owns the news media that is going to be breaking the story, wouldn't he be blocked on grounds of conflict of interest? Or is that not a thing in the NFL?

A lot of things aren't a "Thing" anymore, if you catch my drift. Worst case scenario, he sells the paper and slides into Dan's spot, unassumingly

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

Jerry's best friend is money.

I've always suspected that the amity between Jerruh and Danny is somewhat one sided and aspirational. With Snyder playing the naive puppy love smitten suitor.

Danny respects and looks up to Jerry. While Jerry thinks Dan is somewhat of a socially awkward but nevertheless useful rube. He chums it up with him Texan style so he always has him in his back pocket if needed.

Just my take from afar.

This is precisely how I've always perceived their relationship. 100%. Snyder just wants to be liked, while Jerry thinks it's useful and funny to have his (back when it mattered) main rival's owner walking around holding his out-turned pocket, T-Bag style.

tenor.gif?itemid=10463252

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Uh oh. When Califan flips from essentially "you guys are getting really out there compared to the stuff we were discussing 12 hours ago" to this, we've got trouble.

Welcome to the overreaction crew, name tags are over there, Mr. Sinister is mixing up drinks in the back, and tso is keeping out the riff-raff.

Might I remind you that no part of me believed for a nanosecond that the name would be changed during our lifetimes lol...I'm no longer discounting anything anymore.

Champ bailey really was traded due to ****ing a local female reporter. RG3 really did send dick pics to some blonde coed. Cousins really did demand that the cheerleader outfits be more conservative and less sexy. Russini and Scot M really did do the horizontal bop so that she could get inside scoop, and McCloughan's wife is actually sane and not bat**** crazy. Half the people at Redskins Park really were drunk on the job year round. Gruden really did go out to bars and hit on college girls all the time. Bruce really did leak that video of him. Etc, etc, yadda yadda...

seriously, about the only thing I probably got right all these years was that the reason local media members did not ask the hard questions about all people involved at Redskins Park is because the ones they remained quiet about provided them access and leaked info to them, so they turned a blind eye on those people and crucified anyone who didn't. But to me that was more "obvious" than it was "scandalous." Galdi and Chris Russell more or less confirmed it years ago as well.

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Califan007 said:

Might I remind you that no part of me believed for a nanosecond that the name would be changed during our lifetimes lol...I'm no longer discounting anything anymore.

Champ bailey really was traded due to ****ing a local female reporter. RG3 really did send dick pics to some blonde coed. Cousins really did demand that the cheerleader outfits be more conservative and less sexy. Russini and Scot M really did do the horizontal bop so that she could get inside scoop, and McCloughan's wife is actually sane and not bat**** crazy. Half the people at Redskins Park really were drunk on the job year round. Gruden really did go out to bars and hit on college girls all the time. Bruce really did leak that video of him.

seriously, about the only thing I probably got right all these years was that the reason local media members did not ask the hard questions about all people involved at Redskins Park is because the ones they remained quiet about provided them access and leaked info to them, so they turned a blind eye on those people and crucified anyone who didn't. But to me that was more "obvious" than it was "scandalous." Galdi and Chris Russell more or less confirmed it years ago as well.

This all sounded BANANAS back then (I remember agreeing with you in a lot of threads) but it's like the missing pieces of a retarded puzzle.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Oh, Britt McHenry is another one that I was thinking of (and momentarily forgot) that got that mysterious, out-of-nowhere DC to ESPN bump. I'm sure more will come to mind

To be fair, Jason La Canfora got that same mystery bump to go work at NFL Network lol...at the time it was disclosed that Snyder recommended him for the job, which was strange to a lot of people because La Canfora criticized Snyder and the team constantly while with the WP.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PF Chang said:

Poor Larry Michael. He's out there somewhere thinking about all those yellow checks he gave us next to Skintangibles and feeling defrauded. I refuse to believe he had anything to do with this. 

I mentioned in another thread about a not so memorable interview he did with a Skins cheerleader on that lunchtime show he had with Bram Weinstein briefly.

Was acting very inappropriately throughout it. But back then, we didn't collectively view that like we do **** now. But I  my mind, that was the first time I legit thought of him as a creep. 

Mind you, this was arou d '06-'07 so I'm sure he's had a lot of time to perfect his perverted act

• Thanks 2

Hate to say it, but this also explains Larry Michael's "retirement". Don't forget he wasn't only the Minister of propaganda and PBP guy, he also had some fancy Vice President title in the organization. He might've been involved with organizing some of these "agreements".

• Like 2

If Snyder trots out Rivera to make a statement for him, any chance of me remaining a fan if he remains owner is gone.  Snyder has got to make a live statement when this gets released. 

I want to say that WaPo may even be waiting to give him time to figure this out.  It was supposed to come out Monday, but has really picked up steam this afternoon and evening.