Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

9 hours ago, Jumbo said:

whoa dude you don't get to do that :) 

that could have got you a boot

and that thread is now open

you're luck since you also pm'ed me and then didn't wait

gimme a few minutes though and i may change my mind and still flag you  :) 

No offense meant. I've mostly been a lurker over the last 16 years on this board and sometimes I get a little fired up about some topics. Thanks for the warning though.

Edited by actorguy1
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

8 hours ago, actorguy1 said:

Let's continue the new name talk in this thread since @Jumbo locked the other thread. I can't wait 4 weeks+ to open a new thread once official news comes out.

Prefer: Redwolves (RedWolves or Red Wolves)

Will accept: Anything else except...

Unacceptable: WFT or WFC

What is unacceptable to me is a new name.  WFT/WFC or simply "Washington" are all wins in my book.  My fandom is hanging on by a thread.  Enjoy new name, new brand, new merchandise.  It will be a sad day for me.  My team will officially die once they make the announcement.  No name is waaayyyy better than a new name for myself and a lot of fans I am guessing.  Just leave it WFT/WFC/Washington and let us continue to call the Redskins as fans.  

• Like 1

I'm all for calling this organization what it is.  Judge isn't wrong.

However...

This dude is a complete and utter clown.  Did you happen to hear his entire response?  Basically makin BS claims that all the players on expiring deals are meeting with him begging him to come back, the guys who left last season are texting him about how they wish they were still Giants, and so on.  What a load of complete and utter BS.  Your team STINKS and you can pretend that because your guys aren't fighting each other that they are in love with playing and losing for you all you want, but nobody believes that BS.

For the sake of the players and Ron and everyone else not named Dan Snyder, I hope they destroy the Giants this weekend, even though it will impact draft order.

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Busch1724 said:

Well I could have won money. When I saw the railing fall down and discussion that ensued, I swore to my friends (didn't have the guts to post it here) that an announcement date for the name would be forthcoming. Sure enough...

As soon as we were eliminated from playoff contention is what they waited for in my opinion.

I love that the response to the failing railings was "that was the handicapped section, so they werent that strong"  :ols:

Get the **** off the field in stadium talk means are you okay.

Do we have a structural failure thread or is this the general disappointment place?

Edited by Koolblue13
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, jsharrin55 said:

So "they're already handicap, so why worry" excuse.   I'm not sure how that helps their case. 

So much worse IMO.

Though a team official said the railing was not intended or designed to hold hundreds of pounds of weight and that it's supposed to be an area for disabled fans and wheelchair access, the four fans said they were let into that area by security and that there was no signage to suggest that the area wasn't safe for them.

https://www.audacy.com/thefandc/sports/washington-football-team/fans-refute-wft-statement-after-railing-collapsed

Edited by Koolblue13

4 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yeah, the giants don’t have their players fighting eachother on the sidelines. Instead they have their players in a complete brawl during training camp with their STARTING QB at the bottom of it😑 **** ALLLLLLL the way off, Joe.

The last time I saw a Giants player fighting on the sideline was against a kicking net. And the kicking net won...

1 hour ago, spjunkies said:

This is ****ing embarrassing!

Yup. That is.

But I can answer him that they're not gonna do anything about it. They haven't done anything about this team despise whatever happens, so a railing falling is the least of their problems.

Hopefully nobody was injured. Including Hurts (imagine if he was hurt by this!).

Sadly, nobody was hurts seriously enough to sue Daniel Snyder into oblivion.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Wildbunny said:

The last time I saw a Giants player fighting on the sideline was against a kicking net. And the kicking net won...

I was at that game for ES.  The roar of laughter on the Redskins side of the press box versus the "I can't believe he **** his pants during the kindergarten Christmas play" look combined with silence on the Giants side was absolutely hysterical.

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

The last time i saw a washington training camp brawl with the starting QB at the very bottom of the pile is, ummmm, oh yeah.....never. **** the giants. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

This ****ing letter, its all anyone is talking about. I seriously doubt that railing was meant to hold all of those fat asses leaning on it all at once.

But isn't it commonplace for fans to gather to cheer stars as they are heading off the field? And if those fans weren't supposed to be there, why did security let them through?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

But isn't it commonplace for fans to gather to cheer stars as they are heading off the field? And if those fans weren't supposed to be there, why did security let them through?

This. All this.

I swear I've seen fans gather at the edge of the tunnel all the time.

It gave out, dont say it wasn't designed to handle that, as common as fans doing that is, not designed to handle that is even worse.

• Like 3

Didn't that one picture of the railing clearly show a failed (and really ugly) weld? I doubt this is the first time that fans were pressed up against the railing trying to greet the players. Heck, you see it all the time on TV at game's end.

Let's face it, the stadium isn't being maintained or fixed and is falling apart. It's quintessentially Snyder to go cheap on the maintenance. I remember reading that Redskins Park looked kind of shabby a few years ago.

• Like 2