Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

1 minute ago, drowland said:

C'mon, Gibbs hand picked Brunell.  He passed on drafting Rothlesberger.  He could of signed Drew Brees but didn't.  Then he drafted Campbell for the next guy.  Gibbs had full control.

Gibbs is great with people, just not necessarily choosing them.

See: Howard, Desmond.

Gibbs needed a strong personnel guy, better than he. He was just great with the people once they were assembled.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, drowland said:

C'mon, Gibbs hand picked Brunell.  He passed on drafting Rothlesberger.  He could of signed Drew Brees but didn't.  Then he drafted Campbell for the next guy.  Gibbs had full control.

Yeah they also had Campbell rated higher than Rodgers at the time being, so even if the Packers didn't drafted him, we could have very well draft Campbell over Rodgers.

2 hours ago, drowland said:

Gibbs having full control with Vinny Cerrato holding the purse and helping to negotiate deals was absolutely to his detriment. 

Had Gibbs had full control with a legitimate GM, we could have been talking a 4th Lombardi.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome

2 hours ago, ntotoro said:

Gibbs is great with people, just not necessarily choosing them.

See: Howard, Desmond.

Gibbs needed a strong personnel guy, better than he. He was just great with the people once they were assembled.

Gibbs was a great coach only. He wasn’t a good Gm. If Gibbs did the Gm role in the 80’s/90’s instead of beathard/casserly; no way he wins 3 Super Bowls.

Edited by Rdskns2000
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Gibbs having full control with Vinny Cerrato holding the purse and helping to negotiate deals was absolutely to his detriment. 

Had Gibbs had full control with a legitimate GM, we could have been talking a 4th Lombardi.

Just speculating here, but I'm not sure both Vinny or Dan ever said "No" to Gibbs.

Seriously that was this period where we were spending big on the FA market...

13 hours ago, drowland said:

Nobody has or had full control but Snyder, I dont believe for a second that he gave someone else full control. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda

12 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Then Gibbs should have hired a legitimate GM.  He could have hired Bobby B back.  He wasn't forced to keep Vinny.  

Look, I blame Dan and Vinny for a lot of the issues back then but those two boobs wouldn't have even traded for Brunell.  The QB issue during the Gibbs 2.0 era was Gibbs fault. 

31 minutes ago, drowland said:

Then Gibbs should have hired a legitimate GM.  He could have hired Bobby B back.  He wasn't forced to keep Vinny.  

Look, I blame Dan and Vinny for a lot of the issues back then but those two boobs wouldn't have even traded for Brunell.  The QB issue during the Gibbs 2.0 era was Gibbs fault. 

Why would Gibbs go out of his way to hire someone that’s going to stop him from doing what he wants vs. keep a nice guy like Cerrato that’s going to let him do whatever he wants?

Every coach believes they know how to identify and assemble talent.  I think we are all rather clear on the fact that Gibbs was a great head coach and a poor GM.

8 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Why would Gibbs go out of his way to hire someone that’s going to stop him from doing what he wants vs. keep a nice guy like Cerrato that’s going to let him do whatever he wants?

Every coach believes they know how to identify and assemble talent.  I think we are all rather clear on the fact that Gibbs was a great head coach and a poor GM.

I agree he wasn't going to bring in someone to check him.  And we all know Gibbs wasn't a good GM.  My whole response is more towards 

@Burgundy Yoda

• Like 1

Ditching JDR for Fangio would be one of the best moves we could make this offseason, but 1. Rivera is loyal for better or worse and 2. He’ll be a very hot DC candidate for HC’s putting together new staffs so he probably wouldn’t “need” to come here anyways. But I gotta think he would drool at all the raw pass rush talent he’d have here, that’s what his scheme needs to work. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

15 minutes ago, TK said:

They tried to get Fangio here either during Shanny or Jay's time & basically said F no. 

It was after Haslett left after Jays first year. We were already deep into the Joe Barry talk and people were losing their mind. Then we got the sham Wade Phillips interview and Vic we had the interview while he was still in chicago.

38 minutes ago, TK said:

They tried to get Fangio here either during Shanny or Jay's time & basically said F no. 

Wasn't that Jay’s fear of being upstaged? I guess no one is worried about being supplanted by Fangio at HC at this point… 😄

2 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

Wasn't that Jay’s fear of being upstaged? I guess no one is worried about being supplanted by Fangio at HC at this point… 😄

That was the thought. Apparently Jay was almost fired after year one but Bruce talked Dan out of it. Not sure of the validity of that