Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

My faith in this team being successful again is as strong as the railing in the handicapped section of fedex.

Even if they have one good year, you know they can't follow it up with another one.  Any positive sign is quickly dashed by incompetence rearing it's head.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, KDawg said:

That's the worst part, isn't it? That's the handicap section? Is that true? A railing not being secured anywhere is wild. One next to the tunnels in the handicap section is even more wild. 

That was the team's response. That it wasn't meant to be that strong, because it's the handicapped/crutches area and nobody was supposed to be in there leaning over the rail.  :ols:

I posted a link on the previous page. 

makes it so so much worse.

• Sad 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

That was the team's response. That it wasn't meant to be that strong, because it's the handicapped/crutches area and nobody was supposed to be in there leaning over the rail.  :ols:

Oh. Yeah. Fans not being near a tunnel where everyone looks for high fives makes sense.

In that case, everything is good. Nothing to see here.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Oh. Yeah. Fans not being near a tunnel where everyone looks for high fives makes sense.

The team told the media everyone was offered medical attention. 

The people who fell said they were only told "to get the **** off the field".   :ols:

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

The team told the media everyone was offered medical attention. 

The people who fell said they were only told "to get the **** off the field".   :ols:

Well, maybe they meant it like: "Hey, get off the field or you'll require further medical attention".

• Like 2

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Only the WFT doubles down on an event like that with an excuse about how the railing isn't supposed to be a legitimate barrier.  

I'm surprised they didn't come out and call the broken pipes spewing sewage all over fans on multiple occasions a 'misting station' to cool fans off.

They will now.

Also, I'd check your DMs soon. You may receive an employment offer for your forward thinking.

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

It's such a typical, knee-jerk, teenaged kid, defensive response of quickly trying to deflect blame to the people who got hurt/wronged. That's all this organization has done since Snyder has gotten here. 

Well, the pretty employees shouldn't be walking near the weight room! 

Well, the cheerleaders shouldn't have been posing in body paint like they were asked to! 

Well, the fans shouldn't have stood under the part of the stadium where sewage was running through the pipes!

Well, the fans shouldn't be congregating anywhere close to where famous athletes might be walking and approachable!

Well, that man shouldn't have paid $9 for stale, expired peanuts if he wanted FDA-approved peanuts!

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Ok, not to defend this organization or that dump of a stadium--but was this before or after they cheerfully posed with Hurts for a photo?

The point is we lied to the media about how it was handled. If this happened to Heinicke in Philly, they would have said "get the **** off the field and go see our medical staff".

5 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Basically reads like if he dies he dies Meme LOL

Washington Football team to handicap people 

17555659-1426-4D49-9426-18E6517C5830.jpeg

• Haha 2

Regarding attendance, Jason Wright was correct when he said that they are reporting attendance more accurately than they did in the past. Until the past few seasons (probably starting in 2018 under Brian Lafemina), the Skins would dump a ton of tickets to brokers, and the Skins would count those as sold, regardless of whether the broker would sell the tickets to someone who would go to the game. ESPN lists the attendance as averaging 78K plus in 2016. It'd been a while, and I know they had high profile games against Pitt and Dallas to start that season, but enough seats had been torn out of the upper deck by then and my memory from going to a lot of games that season was a decent amount of noticeable empty seats, so I find it doubtful that we averaged 78K butts in seats that season.

Fast forward to this season, and ESPN is using the 52K to get to a percentage based on a 82K capacity. There is no way in hell the capacity of FedEx is 82K. Mike Phillips of the RTD has mentioned it being 67K. Back in the early part of the 2010s, ESPN still carried the capacity as 92K for several years after we had started to remove seats from the place.

• Thanks 1