Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

Finlay makes a good point here. Granted, the crowd that was there yesterday was likely mostly Eagles fans, but Kerrigan was a Skin for a decade and what would've been so difficult about a brief acknowledgement on the scoreboard instead of a tweet the day after the game. This organization is truly amateur hour.

Edited by hail2skins
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Oh look, another thing for fans to whine about. Yawn. 

I kinda agree that it can be seen as small potatoes, but then again, a few weeks ago you posted tweets of people covering the Giants making fun of the organization giving out free sodas in a game during a poor season as evidence of "how stupid the Giants are."  Face it, a lot of what is on social media is fan or media whining.  But at least be consistent.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Busch1724 said:

Well the Bengals and Lions have 0. There's only 30 on this graphic. The point is well taken and not far off. 

Yeah, I think he corrected it in a subsequent tweet.  I can see the Bengals getting at least one playoff win this postseason.

44 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Finlay makes a good point here. Granted, the crowd that was there yesterday was likely mostly Eagles fans, but Kerrigan was a Skin for a decade and what would've been so difficult about a brief acknowledgement on the scoreboard instead of a tweet the day after the game. This organization is truly amateur hour.

Without a doubt the most poorly run franchise playing in the ****tiest stadium under the worst owner in all of professional sports.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, spjunkies said:

Nah, Kerrigan gets honored after he retires. I have no issues with them not doing anything special for him yesterday. ESPECIALLY since the guy is with a NFCE team now.

They can sign him to a 1 day contract to retire with the team that drafted him. And I have no doubt he’ll have his moment when he’s put in the ring of fame at the stadium. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, spjunkies said:

Nah, Kerrigan gets honored after he retires. I have no issues with them not doing anything special for him yesterday. 

I think its what I've seen some hockey teams do.  Not a full-blown ceremony, but just a brief acknowledgement during the game of a player who was with your team for a while who comes back with another organization.  Maybe it doesn't happen that much in football, idk...............

• Like 2

The two things aren't mutually exclusive. You can have a quick, 5- or 10-second shot of him on the jumbotron and thank him for his decade as a Redskin/WFT player in his first game back and then, once he retires, do a full-blown Ring of Fame ceremony. I don't think anyone was expecting a huge tribute...but it just shows that the little things continue to evade this team. 

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

They can sign him to a 1 day contract to retire with the team that drafted him. And I have no doubt he’ll have his moment when he’s put in the ring of fame at the stadium. 

You mean when Ryon Kiggiron gets his name on the ring?

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, hail2skins said:

I think its what I've seen some hockey teams do.  Not a full-blown ceremony, but just a brief acknowledgement during the game of a player who was with your team for a while who comes back with another organization.  Maybe it doesn't happen that much in football, idk...............

FWIW, the Panthers did something when Coach Rivera was back there. Hence the point that Finlay is making with Kerrigan.

Obviously you don't do it for many players, but Kerrigan is not a nobody for this team. He's just our all-time sack leader. That's something no?

Edited by Wildbunny
  • Like 3

Its hard to believe we still have WFT fans that spend their hard earned money and attend games.

Back in 2010, the day of the McNabb extension, playing Philly on MNF.  Sat in 3 hours worth of rush hour/gameday traffic to get to the stadium.  Only to get close to the gates and see nothing but green crowding the walkways to the upper deck chanting their Eagles crap.  Got to our seats which for many years prior, had the same usual season ticket holders, were now over half Eagles fans.  Landry blew the coverage on DJax and it was all downhill from there.  

By far the worst experience I ever had going to a game.  It's not just getting our asses kicked, it's having the Eagles fans take over your stadium and rub your nose in it at every turn.  I used to attend a game per year with a buddy of mine.  The tickets I used to get from a guy I worked with.  No matter how bad we were, we went.  That was the last time my buddy ever attended a game, he just never recovered from that humiliating experience.

That was going on 12 years ago.  With very little to be positive about since then, I can't believe there are still WFT fans willfully showing up for this team.  They deserve a medal.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

I wouldn't be giving him any time, while he's in an Eagles uniform. 

He'll retire as a Redskin and we'll have plenty of time to botch that ceremony properly.

Well, then it seems the organization is appealing to this element of the fan base. So they are hitting the mark with a small faction, so that's good I guess. 

56 minutes ago, hawgboy said:

RE: Kerrigan

To be honest as much as I liked having Kerrigan on the team, we've had 2 games with the Eagles in 13 days and I don't recall hearing his name mentioned in either broadcast. I honestly forgot he is an Eagle until that tweet.

I don't really think that's the point. He could be a benchwarmer, but that doesn't take away from the fact that he was probably the best and most consistent player for this team for the better part of a decade.