Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

I think it maybe time to give up on Maryland honestly. The current site is a logistical nightmare even if they put in a new stadium getting in and out of the area seem to be a big problem. Maryland is for the Ravens. Every year there are fewer and fewer fans there. Virginia doesn't have that problem. They don't have any professional sports franchises. For a state that size which also hold the training facility and camp it seems a no brainer. DC will not foot the bill, It's political suicide for any that attempt to bring it back to the RFK site. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Well, our organization might be complete ****, but hey, at least we don’t offer our fans a free Pepsi for fan appreciation day 😂😂 the giants are STUPID. 

What am I missing? I haven't been to a Skins game since 2018, but what does Washington normally give away for fan appreciation day? 

14 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

What am I missing? I haven't been to a Skins game since 2018, but what does Washington normally give away for fan appreciation day? 

What are you missing? Oh just the point. The giants had fan appreciation day TODAY, while being 4-9, and lost to the cowboys, and the giants fans got a crappy game, and a free Pepsi. AT A GAME, while 4-9. 

point is, point and laugh at the losers. Duh. 

• Confused 1

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

What are you missing? Oh just the point. The giants had fan appreciation day TODAY, while being 4-9, and lost to the cowboys, and the giants fans got a crappy game, and a free Pepsi. AT A GAME, while 4-9. 

point is, point and laugh at the losers. Duh. 

So teams are only supposed to do fan appreciation days during winning seasons?

I mean, a Pepsi ain't much, but it's more than jackass Snyder ever gave away. And I went to a game at MetLife in 2016 and they were giving free snacks in the club level then, well before the Skins started doing it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

So teams are only supposed to do fan appreciation days during winning seasons?

I mean, a Pepsi ain't much, but it's more than jackass Snyder ever gave away. And I went to a game at MetLife in 2016 and they were giving free snacks in the club level then, well before the Skins started doing it.

These tweets seem to agree with me about how stupid the giants are. Point and laugh. It’s ok. It won’t hurt you, i promise. Point and laugh at the losers :) 

12 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:
These tweets seem to agree with me about how stupid the giants are. Point and laugh. It’s ok. It won’t hurt you, i promise. Point and laugh at the losers :) 

Maybe the losers will be gracious enough to supply the champagne if we beat their ass and claim a playoff berth during Week 18 at MetLife

I really hoped changing the team name was a play to get us back into DC. Almost like there was a verbal agreement that they’d be allowed back. 

to hear finlay say it probable that a stadium is built adjacent to FedEx irks me to my core. This teams die hard fanbase is diminishing and they need to try to win over the average DCer who just wants to do something on a Sunday. The caps and nats are an easy metro ride away with things to do/before after. No rando wants to take that long as metro ride and then have to walk a mile to the stadium. 

I really had hopes that this next stadium would do something to revitalize the franchise. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

The Giants have been crap for 10 years. We've been crap for 30. But I'm supposed to make fun of their team for giving a soda to fans. 

Not every thought has to be a post, dude.

They’re the giants, you’re supposed to make fun of everything they do, cause ENEMIES. Just **** on the midgets, it isn’t hard :) heck, even their OWN fans are doing it. Just join them. 

Every thought should indeed be a post if it’s a thought that craps on our enemy 

Does everyone remember when we hired the new president? His first order of business was to make the fan experience better. I went to the Dallas game, you know the game of the year, most fans in the stands all season. Besides being to a skins game with my 2 brothers, everything else sucked. Really everything! Even from the Kirk Cousins days it’s 3 times as bad. The field still sucks, our medical staff sucks. So what has Mr. Wright done? Every goal and responsibility he’s gone out to achieve I feel is as bad or worse.

7 hours ago, CTskin said:

I really hoped changing the team name was a play to get us back into DC. Almost like there was a verbal agreement that they’d be allowed back. 

to hear finlay say it probable that a stadium is built adjacent to FedEx irks me to my core. This teams die hard fanbase is diminishing and they need to try to win over the average DCer who just wants to do something on a Sunday. The caps and nats are an easy metro ride away with things to do/before after. No rando wants to take that long as metro ride and then have to walk a mile to the stadium. 

I really had hopes that this next stadium would do something to revitalize the franchise. 

In all fairness, I think you have to explore the other options now before going for the ultimate Plan A. This year they are weathering scandal. 

If they can squeak into the playoffs again, that will help put the beginning of the season in the rearview of everyone. 

Next year when you have a new name you can begin to make more traction with DC. 

RFK still makes a lot of sense for multiple parties. 

3 hours ago, Silvernon said:

In all fairness, I think you have to explore the other options now before going for the ultimate Plan A. This year they are weathering scandal. 

If they can squeak into the playoffs again, that will help put the beginning of the season in the rearview of everyone. 

Next year when you have a new name you can begin to make more traction with DC. 

RFK still makes a lot of sense for multiple parties. 

We’ve been kicking the tires on locations for years though. The issue is time. These new state of the art stadiums are 5+ year projects from concept design to completed construction. That’s after all of the land deals have been finalized.

I believe the fedex lease expires in 2027… so unless we start moving quick, I don’t see how this timeline works.

54 minutes ago, CTskin said:

We’ve been kicking the tires on locations for years though. The issue is time. These new state of the art stadiums are 5+ year projects from concept design to completed construction. That’s after all of the land deals have been finalized.

I believe the fedex lease expires in 2027… so unless we start moving quick, I don’t see how this timeline works.

RFK is being demolished next year... let's not get stressed yet. 

Edited by Silvernon

NFL teams should follow the lead of Madden NFL when it comes to Fan Appreciation Days. In Madden, you could pick a week to give fans posters, throws, or lifelike robotic crabs. Find me a single fan who says they don't want a lifelike robotic crab. You can't.

A stadium in the distant Virginia suburbs is either Washington Team Football owner Dan Snyder's biggest heist ever or a smoke screen to get more from Maryland.

Let's hope it's a bluff cause exiling the team to the region's far reaches will cost most of its Maryland followers by a franchise that can't afford to lose more. It would be a pure money grab that will be great short term for Snyder, but awful for the team long term.

That's why this has to be a trick to get Maryland to raise its offer. Surely, Snyder can't be this naïve and narcissistic. And, surely Loudoun and Prince William county officials – as reported in the Washington Post as being in talks with Snyder– don't have the capital to give the billionaire owner his personal wonderland.

Which is why Snyder is trying to leverage them against Maryland, because those Virginia counties are too far from downtown. Prince William is 35 miles from the White House while Loudoun is 31. Prince William has no mass transit and horrible traffic. Loudoun has the ever-delayed Silver line, but the perfect site was lost a few years ago when team officials botched negotiations.

There's nothing wrong with Virginia having the stadium after hosting the team's daily training facilities for nearly 50 years. The problem is there's no available land inside the Virginia beltway. Washington also has no land aside from the old RFK site and the city has other plans for that.

Maryland needs to quickly outbid Virginia with an offer that includes land near the Wilson Bridge along the Potomac River. This dance has gone on too long thanks to departed team president Bruce Allen's poor efforts. A border site across from Virginia is doable and nothing beats waterfront.

Give Snyder a sports betting license. and partner with nearby MGM Grand and National Harbor to create that destination complex that will include a dome stadium for major events that will never happen at distant Virginia sites.

The future of America is in its cities and mass transit. The Detroit Lions discovered that expensive lesson at the Pontiac Silverdome before returning to the city in 2002. Capital One Arena and Nationals Park have transformed whole neighborhoods in Washington. A new football stadium can do the same along the Maryland waterfront. Why, Snyder can even tie up his $70 million yacht nearby.

But, remember Snyder is a billionaire and taxpayers shouldn't give that land away. Cut a fair deal where Snyder gets even richer and the state and region benefit. If Snyder and Virginia officials are crazy enough to cut a ridiculously bad deal for its residents, then good luck watching the franchise fade away and billions of dollars on some complex wasted.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

1 hour ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

If the fanbase hates Snyder now, just wait until he threatens to rename the team St. Louis/Oakland/San Diego Redwolves in order to get the taxpayers to pay for his new stadium.

Bye!!!!  We get a new franchise in a year.  If it gets Dan out of here I am in. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1