Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

35 minutes ago, profusion said:

For the owners to be spurred into doing something about Snyder, this has to stop being a big WFT story and start being a big NFL story. That hasn't happened yet. It's big news here, but not nationwide. There've been stories, but it hasn't gotten long-term traction.

The other owners don't really care whether Washington has a competent football team, or even an ethically run one. They just want to avoid trouble for themselves.

I get it, but then why was Richardson in Carolina run out of the league? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

That's a very good question, and I don't pretend to know for sure. He was going to sell anyway, wasn't he?

I think if he'd dug his heels, the owners wouldn't have taken action against him.

It's possible that the NFL is scared of more and worse coming out if they go after Dan, thus making it into a bigger problem affecting other owners.

Edited by profusion
  • Like 1

This needs to blow up again after the SB but before FA and the draft. During the dead period, that’s the only way it stays in the NFL news cycle long enough to matter, it seems.

Also, attempted murder is not a crime if you don’t succeed, folks 

Patrick Dangerfield Thinking GIF by geelongcats

15 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

He wasn’t. He was planning on selling anyways and just did it early. Plus, it only made him look bad, not everyone else. But we’ll never know if the league would have forced him to sell. 

Edited by ConnSKINS26

5 minutes ago, profusion said:

He was going to sell anyway, wasn't he?

I actually think that if he'd dug his heels in that the owners wouldn't have taken action against him.

Yeah Richardson announced he'd be selling at the end of that season so they knew he would be out.

Wish Danny would have taken notes from him

1 hour ago, daveakl said:

I wonder if the league won't force Dan to sell because of how litigious he is. I bet he would go scorched earth and burn it all down instead of taking his 4 billion and walking away.

That has to scare the crap out of the other owners. 

And we have a winner!!  This is exactly why they do not do more to him. Until he starts to seriously impact league revenues then they will not touch him. They are afraid of the skeletons in thier own closets that will come out. He has to be caught in the act of something so egregious that the national response to the NFL is so negative they have to take thier chances. If he hasn't been fired for what he has already done it will have to be something new. All this is jsut drama for spectacle sake. 

Only other hope is the Tanya gets tired of it to the point where she wants out. Very unlikely. 

2 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

That's a unique take.  Given all the absolutely horrendous things Dan has done, said, been apart of, constructed, etc. it was keeping Jay Gruden that killed your fandom.  Oof.

What had been actually proven when we had Gruden as opposed to now? It showed me that performance didn't matter and Snyder would retain losers while letting McVay and Kyle S leave. 

I’m not sure who’s a bigger steaming pile of ****; Goodell or Snyder. 

3 hours ago, profusion said:

For the owners to be spurred into doing something about Snyder, this has to stop being a big WFT story and start being a big NFL story. That hasn't happened yet. It's big news here, but not nationwide. There've been stories, but it hasn't gotten long-term traction.

The other owners don't really care whether Washington has a competent football team, or even an ethically run one. They just want to avoid trouble for themselves.

2 hours ago, profusion said:

That's a very good question, and I don't pretend to know for sure. He was going to sell anyway, wasn't he?

I think if he'd dug his heels, the owners wouldn't have taken action against him.

It's possible that the NFL is scared of more and worse coming out if they go after Dan, thus making it into a bigger problem affecting other owners.

2 hours ago, goskins10 said:

And we have a winner!!  This is exactly why they do not do more to him. Until he starts to seriously impact league revenues then they will not touch him. They are afraid of the skeletons in thier own closets that will come out. He has to be caught in the act of something so egregious that the national response to the NFL is so negative they have to take thier chances. If he hasn't been fired for what he has already done it will have to be something new. All this is jsut drama for spectacle sake. 

Only other hope is the Tanya gets tired of it to the point where she wants out. Very unlikely. 

I’m agreeing with this line of thinking. At one point when all this started I thought it should be no problem for the NFL owners to hang Snyder out to dry. 

But after the past couple days, I don’t think that’s the case anymore. I think they’re scared of him and what he might do if they force him to sell. Either he will sue them or he will release a **** ton of information about what he knows…and no one is safe, not the other owners, Goodell, league officials, everyone. 

This is a guy who, IIRC sued his own season ticket holders. This is a guy who went hard after some website in India for linking him to Epstein. IIRC he sued City Paper.  Dude had private investigators showing up to peoples houses when the “Wilkinson investigation” was underway. 

I will say the one thing that gives me some pause in this line of thinking is that while Dan has a great amount of “**** you money,” he can’t spend on lawyers like the NFL can.  The NFL practically has unlimited resources to lawyer up. 

But then again, I don’t know if any court really matters here. What matters here is the court of public opinion….just like the jury in a trial hearing something that’s objected and sustained by the trial lawyers, whatever Snyder could do to the NFL, whatever information he could release about other owners, Goodell, the league, etc doesn’t matter in a courtroom. It matters to the fans and public perception. 

• Like 3

Unrelated to the articles coming out, but seeing all the stories leaking out of Jacksonville about Meyer's short tenure, can you imagine what Washington would be like if Meyer had been here and flamed out during all this? On the one hand, I'd like to think that would have been the nail in Snyder's coffin. On the other hand, it makes me REALLY appreciate the steadiness and respect that Rivera has brought with him.

Seeing him in the press box for a few games before the end of 2019, I think we can call that a bullet dodged.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Unrelated to the articles coming out, but seeing all the stories leaking out of Jacksonville about Meyer's short tenure, can you imagine what Washington would be like if Meyer had been here and flamed out during all this? On the one hand, I'd like to think that would have been the nail in Snyder's coffin. On the other hand, it makes me REALLY appreciate the steadiness and respect that Rivera has brought with him.

Seeing him in the press box for a few games before the end of 2019, I think we can call that a bullet dodged.

It would have been par for the course.  What other team is owned by someone so bitterly disliked that would hire a coach who'd kick his kicker?  

I'm not sure if the owner is liked, hated or just tolerated in Jacksonville.  He seems like a decent enough guy who wants to build a winner but doesn't know how.  That, he's got in common with Snyder but he doesn't seem like a big vat of douche fluid.

8 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

It would have been par for the course.  What other team is owned by someone so bitterly disliked that would hire a coach who'd kick his kicker?  

I'm not sure if the owner is liked, hated or just tolerated in Jacksonville.  He seems like a decent enough guy who wants to build a winner but doesn't know how.  That, he's got in common with Snyder but he doesn't seem like a big vat of douche fluid.

Makes you wonder what Meyer would have thought he could get away with HERE, if he was doing this stuff in a down but still respectably normal organization down in JAX.

• Like 3

to extend the ot talk re: myer 😯, i just want to note that i called this on the phone with tk yesterday

it's a 1st to fire a hc in his rookie year in-season

and a worthier winner than urban commando would be hard to find

a genuine douchebag ...not uncommon in the college coaching ranks, esp at big schools where athletic programs are cash cows and those bringing in the $$$ get away with all kinds of crap too often if they're good for the bottom line...eps the kind of crap that won't fly with grown ass men who aren't so worried about getting through their collge experience and into a career  successfully

• Like 8

18 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Also, attempted murder is not a crime if you don’t succeed, folks 

wait a min, attempted murder is still a crime unless you didn’t attempt to attempt but that’s not not succeeding to attempt

Or something like that

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Let me rephrase:  

You don't think Goodell is a lapdog for the owners and will do anything they say in order to to keep making $63 million a year?

Totally get your point and Goodell is a complete POS - and yes very self centered. But for me danny is still even worse. Not aware of Goodell doing some of the things danny has done. But in the end, **** is **** no matter the size of the pile.

I had a long post typed out.  But I deleted it.  I don't think there's any way I can write my thoughts and have them understood.

I'll just say this: I hate the Washington Post as much as I hate Dan Snyder.  I actually wouldn't be terribly unhappy if the Post was sued into oblivion and Dan was forced to sell the team and move to Mars.

33 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Ok so Snyder sending intruders to house——-didn’t this story come up December of last year? Or was that a different story?  

https://sports.yahoo.com/washington-owner-dan-snyder-accused-of-sending-intruders-to-harass-lawyer-in-ongoing-legal-battle-155528679.html

Yeah, this was from last year.  It was horse **** then too.  FWIW, I wouldn't believe a damn thing Moag says.  He's as bad as the rest of them. 

"..allege that he sent “intruders” to the home of the partners’ adviser, John Moag, to harass him." I have no idea what this was all about, but unless there is evidence that Dan is mobbed up, this is not like sending Luca Brasi to make Moag an offer he can't refuse.

I actually really doubt Dan would send people to the house of a multi-millionaire, extremely visible, well known Investment Banker  WHO IS OPENLY REPRESENTING THE MINORITY PARTNERS to intimidate him. Dan might be arrogant and stupid, but even he knows how to keep himself out of jail.  I mean, if they had threatened bodily harm, they would have been arrested.  If they tried to enter the home un-invited, they would have been arrested.  If they just rang the doorbell insistently, they would have been arrested.  And damn sure if any of those things had happened, Dan would have been in criminal trouble because he was paying them.

Back then and now, this story rang as a one-sided story from Moag in order to gain leverage to sell the shares of the team owned by the then-minority partners.  

47 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Totally get your point and Goodell is a complete POS - and yes very self centered. But for me danny is still even worse. Not aware of Goodell doing some of the things danny has done. But in the end, **** is **** no matter the size of the pile.

Goodell is the one covering it up for more owners than Danny.  He's pretty much the consigliere to all 32 owners, IMO.  He, himself, might not be as bad as Danny on a direct comparison but I've got to believe that Goodell knows dirt about other owners and organizations and is working behind the scenes to make things go away.

Now that's a lot of conspiracy theory **** that I've got no evidence before but from where I'm sitting it's not a big stretch of the imagination.  

• Like 1