Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread


JSSkinz

Recommended Posts

On 12/2/2021 at 7:29 AM, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

 

I don't think that's very far from the truth. My prediction is that RG's book will claim that Bruce Allen is bi and sexually harassed him. How else could a multimillion dollar QB be 'harassed' in the first place, when he was treated like a God in the locker room?

 

But I wouldn't trust anything RG3 says in the first place...the guy clearly has a history of selfishness, entitlement, and dishonesty.

 

Wasn't there an article recently that claimed his Baylor teammates hated his guts?

I coached a kid that was a Baylor bounce back and spent a season as his teammate. “Into himself” were the exact words he used. Corresponds with what we know now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/4/2021 at 3:00 PM, TK said:

Well if anyone knows **** moves, it's ol Double Nickel.

 

At least Griffin earned his spot for a year.  Arrington was a disappointment from the start.  And then the **** he pulled after Sean's death?  **** that guy, I hate that he's associated with the organization.

2 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Our coach would beat any other coach in a fight.

 

"Yo Goliath I beat cancer I can sure as **** beat you!"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

LaVar... please... the moron whose agents assumed there were two bonuses of the same amount in his contract and never read it before signing LOL! As if he wasn't bad enough, then clowning himself at Sean Taylor's funeral. You're in the same category as RGIII.

 

Isn't the love boat making another run for Smoot yet?

Edited by ntotoro
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This organization really is embarrassing. I know we talk about it...but good God almighty. 

 

The team just hosted a home game coming off an undefeated month against its traditional rival. In the week leading up to the game, the players and coaches implored the fans to turn out and support them. The stadium was more than half filled with Dallas fans and the home team played like dog **** until the outcome was already essentially determined. It was 24-0 at halftime despite the visiting Cowboys giving probably a C- effort of their own. They came into FedEx during a week that was supposed to reignite a rivalry and put the local team back in the division hunt and sleepwalked and yawned their way into extending their divisional lead. 

 

Unreal. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dallas has regularly made up over half of the attendance at FedEx for quite a long time.  That's not new, particularly when their record is decent.  The talent disparity between the two teams yesterday was too large to overcome, yet they still ended up making a game of it.

 

I totally get pooping on the organization, because there's decades of evidence to prove they deserve to be pooped on.  But I was not expecting a packed house of WFT fans nor was I expecting the team to win, particularly after the late inactives due to Covid which was pretty much the icing on the cake.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Dallas has regularly made up over half of the attendance at FedEx for quite a long time.  That's not new, particularly when their record is decent.  The talent disparity between the two teams yesterday was too large to overcome, yet they still ended up making a game of it.

 

I totally get pooping on the organization, because there's decades of evidence to prove they deserve to be pooped on.  But I was not expecting a packed house of WFT fans nor was I expecting the team to win, particularly after the late inactives due to Covid which was pretty much the icing on the cake.

 

But the optics...the coach and players asking everyone to come out and watch this "ascending" team as they play the team they are chasing. The team itself having the guts to charge $100 for standing room only tickets the second they go on any type of winning streak at all. All of that and then the players and coaches pretty much don't bother to show up. They didn't really make a game of it in my opinion. They lucked into a desperation heave for a TD and a lucky pick-6. They were dominated in that game by a team who didn't even bother to show up themselves. And again, no one should be shocked, you're right. But they shouldn't have come out with all the hoopla beforehand. 

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

 

But the optics...the coach and players asking everyone to come out and watch this "ascending" team as they play the team they are chasing. The team itself having the guts to charge $100 for standing room only tickets the second they go on any type of winning streak at all. All of that and then the players and coaches pretty much don't bother to show up. They didn't really make a game of it in my opinion. They lucked into a desperation heave for a TD and a lucky pick-6. They were dominated in that game by a team who didn't even bother to show up themselves. And again, no one should be shocked, you're right. But they shouldn't have come out with all the hoopla beforehand. 

Sooo, they shouldn’t have asked fans to support them in the middle of a playoff run after a 4 game winning streak? How is that bad optics? Sure, they probably shouldn’t have charged $100 for SRO tickets, that I’ll agree with. But to blame them for begging for some home field advantage? That’s silly. 

4 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Noone cares if you're a dbag if you're good. Steelers teammates hated Big Ben. Not everyone got along with Manning or Brady either.

 

But when you're winning, people just go with it.

What exactly is that in reference to? I’m lost 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

 

But the optics...the coach and players asking everyone to come out and watch this "ascending" team as they play the team they are chasing. The team itself having the guts to charge $100 for standing room only tickets the second they go on any type of winning streak at all. All of that and then the players and coaches pretty much don't bother to show up. They didn't really make a game of it in my opinion. They lucked into a desperation heave for a TD and a lucky pick-6. They were dominated in that game by a team who didn't even bother to show up themselves. And again, no one should be shocked, you're right. But they shouldn't have come out with all the hoopla beforehand. 

 

I wasn't aware of a ticket price increase, because I don't even pay attention to that these days.  If that's true - it is a rather bad look to ask fans to come out and then increase the price of admission and I'll concede that's worthy of beating them up for.  If the tickets have always been that price, I don't really get the angst.  Why wouldn't they ask the fans to come out and support them on the heels of a 4 game winning streak that turned the season around?

 

The team was competitive, they were fighting - they just have a lot of not very good and/or inexperienced players playing against some elite talent on the other side of the ball.  We have a very limited QB behind a beat up Oline and Dallas dared them to air it out and they couldn't.  They didn't lose because they weren't prepared or had no fight in them, they lost because the other team was better by a large margin, even if they had their own self inflicted issues.

 

I've mentioned this several times over the years, because it used to kill me even during the Gruden era.  The whole fan angle where "the team wasn't ready to play", "they aren't fighting", etc. stuff when we get our butts handed to us.  Which is odd to me, because we can all agree that Washington has regularly had rosters that leave much to be desired as far as talent and even more importantly, how that talent meshes.  Is it really that the head coach isn't being stern enough, or not properly getting the guys ready or is it perhaps - a lack of talent and bad matchups?  That's not to let every coach off the hook every week - I just think the whole 'effort' argument is the most overblown complaint by the fanbase.  Not just for Ron, but for every coach not named Zorn before him.  It's the NFL, these guys have a ton of money on the line every week - they aren't just rolling over because the coach didn't get them ready.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Sooo, they shouldn’t have asked fans to support them in the middle of a playoff run after a 4 game winning streak? How is that bad optics? Sure, they probably shouldn’t have charged $100 for SRO tickets, that I’ll agree with. But to blame them for begging for some home field advantage? That’s silly. 

What exactly is that in reference to? I’m lost 

 

Maybe just keep your mouth shut when you have a long history of constantly falling short. Something has really rubbed me the wrong way about the smugness of some of the interviews and sounds bytes coming off of 3 pretty "coin flip" wins in a row (the Tampa win was pretty convincing, in my opinion). But, they just looked foolish again...didn't we all kind of see it coming? They begged fans to show up, they upped prices where they could to squeeze a few bucks out of the most loyal, the fans didn't come, and they played like ass. Shocker. HA!

 

5 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

 

I wasn't aware of a ticket price increase, because I don't even pay attention to that these days.  If that's true - it is a rather bad look to ask fans to come out and then increase the price of admission and I'll concede that's worthy of beating them up for.  If the tickets have always been that price, I don't really get the angst.  Why wouldn't they ask the fans to come out and support them on the heels of a 4 game winning streak that turned the season around?

 

The team was competitive, they were fighting - they just have a lot of not very good and/or inexperienced players playing against some elite talent on the other side of the ball.  We have a very limited QB and Dallas dared them to air it out and they couldn't.  They didn't lose because they weren't prepared or had no fight in them, they lost because the other team was better by a large margin, even if they had their own self inflicted issues.

 

I've mentioned this several times over the years, because it used to kill me even during the Gruden era.  The whole fan angle where "the team wasn't ready to play", "they aren't fighting", etc. stuff when we get our butts handed to us.  Which is odd to me, because we can all agree that Washington has regularly had rosters that leave much to be desired as far as talent and even more importantly, how that talent meshes.  Is it really that the head coach isn't being stern enough, or not properly getting the guys ready or is it perhaps - a lack of talent and bad matchups?  That's not to let every coach off the hook every week - I just think the whole 'effort' argument is the most overblown complaint by the fanbase.  Not just for Ron, but for every coach not named Zorn before him.  It's the NFL, these guys have a ton of money on the line every week - they aren't just rolling over because the coach didn't get them ready.

 

I could be wrong, but the reaction of the fans closer to the pricing made it seem like $100 for SRO was a price hike. Maybe someone else can weigh in...if I'm wrong on that I don't want to keep perpetuating a lie. There's plenty of ugly truth...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

This organization really is embarrassing. I know we talk about it...but good God almighty. 

 

The team just hosted a home game coming off an undefeated month against its traditional rival. In the week leading up to the game, the players and coaches implored the fans to turn out and support them. The stadium was more than half filled with Dallas fans and the home team played like dog **** until the outcome was already essentially determined. It was 24-0 at halftime despite the visiting Cowboys giving probably a C- effort of their own. They came into FedEx during a week that was supposed to reignite a rivalry and put the local team back in the division hunt and sleepwalked and yawned their way into extending their divisional lead. 

 

Unreal. 

I guess now everyone understands why Jerry Jones loves Dannyboy?

Guy can bring in his own benches.

Guy can tell our team "NO" to sell T-Shirts of the game (and we oblige).

Guy can call our stadium home (and nobody complained).

 

Why would Jerry wants somebody else at the head of our team?

 

Any friends DAn has in the NFL owner club, that's because they see him as the patsy in the club. That's it.

Edited by Wildbunny
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Wildbunny said:

I guess now everyone understands why Jerry Jones loves Dannyboy?

Guy can bring in his own benches.

Guy can tell our team "NO" to sell T-Shirts of the game (and we oblige).

Guy can call our stadium home (and nobody complained).

 

Why would Jerry wants somebody else at the head of our team?

 

Any friends DAn has in the NFL owner club, that's because they see him as the patsy in the club. That's it.

I mean, Jerry would be able to bring his own benches to any stadium in the NFL, per league rules, and no team is able to say no. 
 

Everything else is spot on. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

I guess now everyone understands why Jerry Jones loves Dannyboy?

Guy can bring in his own benches.

Guy can tell our team "NO" to sell T-Shirts of the game (and we oblige).

Guy can call our stadium home (and nobody complained).

 

Why would Jerry wants somebody else at the head of our team?

 

Any friends DAn has in the NFL owner club, that's because they see him as the patsy in the club. That's it.

 

I think your humor hits on something that probably is something some owners feel about Snyder though...

 

If they can navigate through some of his BS, why not keep him around. He's a compliant and complicit partner and ally. His team will rarely challenge them on the field. Now, I truly believe if the off-the-field transgressions ever get too hot, they'll roll over on him since there isn't any true admiration or loyalty. But if they can keep him around without jeopardizing anything, he's the perfect partner. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

 

But the optics...the coach and players asking everyone to come out and watch this "ascending" team as they play the team they are chasing. The team itself having the guts to charge $100 for standing room only tickets the second they go on any type of winning streak at all. All of that and then the players and coaches pretty much don't bother to show up. They didn't really make a game of it in my opinion. They lucked into a desperation heave for a TD and a lucky pick-6. They were dominated in that game by a team who didn't even bother to show up themselves. And again, no one should be shocked, you're right. But they shouldn't have come out with all the hoopla beforehand. 


I’m sure there’s many Cowboy fans in the area who circle this game at the beginning of the season and buy tickets way ahead of time because it’s the only chance for them to see their team. Then the pricing algorithm (which doesn’t know the difference between home and away fans) views this as a popular game and jacks the prices up for the remaining seats, de-incentivizing our fans who buy on a week to week basis from showing up. It sucks, but all the begging in the world the week of the game isn’t going to turn Cowboy fans into our fans.

 

The only way to fix this is to be a consistent winner and give our fans a reason to buy season tickets again. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RansomthePasserby said:


I’m sure there’s many Cowboy fans in the area who circle this game at the beginning of the season and buy tickets way ahead of time because it’s the only chance for them to see their team. Then the pricing algorithm (which doesn’t know the difference between home and away fans) views this as a popular game and jacks the prices up for the remaining seats, de-incentivizing our fans who buy on a week to week basis from showing up. It sucks, but all the begging in the world the week of the game isn’t going to turn Cowboy fans into our fans.

 

The only way to fix this is to be a consistent winner and give our fans a reason to buy season tickets again. 

 

Maybe. But this team seems to be the one NFL team so consistently outdrawn at its home venue. Not just by Cowboy or Steeler fans, who are known to travel well. But by Charger and Dolphin fans...who some never even knew HAD a fan base prior to their relative takeover of FedEx. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What is somewhat interesting is WFT road crowds are better than home crowds.

 

I kindof think what has happened to the local fans is going to FedEx is such a bad experience, the stadium is such a dump, it's literally in the middle of nowhere, and traffic can be miserable, and the team has stunk for so long, the local folks are just flat out until there is some catalyst to bring them back.  

 

(Side-note on the traffic: I do think this can be somewhat over-blown.  I was a season ticket holder from 2004-2010.  I left my seats when the clock hit 00:00, I was at my car in about 10 minutes, out of the parking lot and all the way to Vienna, Va typically about 30 minutes later with no traffic.  If you just boogied out of there, it wasn't bad.  If you lollygagged around, you could get stuck for hours.)

 

Also note: I don't blame Snyder for FedEx.  He inherited that 30 year mistake from Cook, and I blame the DC City Counsel for that more than just about anybody.  

 

But I think the crowd of folks who used to go to the stadium are just beat down.  We have seen so many bad games, bad losses, uncompetitive situations, we're just over it.

 

I desperately am looking for a reason to go back.  But there hasn't been one yet.  To me, it's a 2 step process:

 

1.  The team just HAS to get more consistently competitive.  And I do think they are on their way. I trust Rivera (maybe more than most).  Obviously QB is a huge question, and the beginning of the year was a disaster, but I do trust he's going get the team to be competitive long-term.

 

2.  The stadium experience just has to be better.  And I think honestly that might take a new facility in a new location to change.  And again, I don't really blame Dan for all of the woes at FedEx.  But it is what it is, and it sucks.  

 

IF the Philly game has real stakes to it, I might try and go, if I can get some type of a lodge/suite/something deal and the prices aren't ridiculous.  But I think we're about to lose the next 2 (mostly due to injury and COVID) and so it will be meaningless.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...