Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

I am all for anyone speaking their truth about Dan Snyder's reign of terror on our precious football team.

But I think there is enough proof, post Washington, that Griffin never had a chance for sustained success - here or anywhere.  Sure, being drafted here probably only exaggerated and fed his perception of who he is and what he's capable of and that didn't help. 

That one dude got fired for calling him a "cornball brother" and we were up in arms about it at the time.  He was soooooo right.  Dude has just been an epic fail of hokey inspirational tweets and excuses ever since he left here.  I can only imagine the victim he's painted himself to be, taking absolutely no fault or blame for his downfall.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Oh I’m sure it’s going to make him the hero of his own story, no surprise there. And I wouldn’t be surprised if he actually pins everything on Shanahan and Bruce and DEFENDS Snyder—that was his buddy. 

And something about the way he said “and an owner who a lot of you want gone” made me think he was going to be contradictory. Controversy = clicks = sales.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Oh I’m sure it’s going to make him the hero of his own story, no surprise there. And I wouldn’t be surprised if he actually pins everything on Shanahan and Bruce and DEFENDS Snyder—that was his buddy. 

And something about the way he said “and an owner who a lot of you want gone” made me think he was going to be contradictory. Controversy = clicks = sales.

Exactly how I took it. He'll come out and defend Dan. If he talks about sexual harassment, he'll say Dan had no idea. And I have to laugh at his "everything made me a better husband," lol. Including your cheating on your first wife right after she had your baby? 

Also, I will buy it, lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I will not buy it but I'll read every article and tweet about it.

I think he smoothed things over with the Shanahans at some point after he left here.  I don't think he would refer to it as "the most dysfunctional franchise in sports" if he was going to defend Dan.  I'd imagine he has a lot of angst for Dan, considering he went from his bowling buddy to inactive and waived in a rather short period of time.

23 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I am all for anyone speaking their truth about Dan Snyder's reign of terror on our precious football team.

But I think there is enough proof, post Washington, that Griffin never had a chance for sustained success - here or anywhere.  Sure, being drafted here probably only exaggerated and fed his perception of who he is and what he's capable of and that didn't help. 

That one dude got fired for calling him a "cornball brother" and we were up in arms about it at the time.  He was soooooo right.  Dude has just been an epic fail of hokey inspirational tweets and excuses ever since he left here.  I can only imagine the victim he's painted himself to be, taking absolutely no fault or blame for his downfall.

Simmer down and turn off the talk radio, cornball.

Bob is a stone cold winner in this life.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Here comes @TryTheBeal! defending folks from the beltway hit squad.  We all know what promptly follows said defense, more legitimate scandal and drama.  Poor Robert.

Some dudes win Heismans and Rookie of the year awards and go so hard on the gridiron that they nearly expire when they’re 25.  Then they reinvent themselves and continue to win off the field.

Other dudes give speeches at Liberty and become a walking, talking poster child punch line for sustained mediocrity.

Get in the lane that suits you, I guess.

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Some dudes win Heismans and Rookie of the year awards and go so hard on the gridiron that they nearly expire when they’re 25.  Then they reinvent themselves and continue to win off the field.

Well, that's one way to look at.  Most of us look at it like your boy asked "the most dysfunctional franchise in sports" with rampant sexual harassment to "make the call" when we lost Fitz.  So if by reinvent, you mean do whatever he can possibly do to try and be relevant...sure. 

11 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Other dudes give speeches at Liberty and become a walking, talking poster child punch line for sustained mediocrity.

Get in the lane that suits you, I guess.

Perfect satire, sir. Well done, you’ve captured the delusional, hero worshipping idiocy in a really authentic way. That’s difficult to do without going overboard, I’m impressed 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Well, that's one way to look at.  Most of us look at it like your boy asked "the most dysfunctional franchise in sports" with rampant sexual harassment to "make the call" when we lost Fitz.  So if by reinvent, you mean do whatever he can possibly do to try and be relevant...sure. 

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Perfect satire, sir. Well done, you’ve captured the delusional, hero worshipping idiocy in a really authentic way. That’s difficult to do without going overboard, I’m impressed 

It’s all gods plan, boys.

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

RG3 was Snyder's boy so he'll defend him. Even Trent Williams had nice things to say about Snyder. As did Clinton Portis and others. If you were a star and made him money he took care of you.

This is true to extent.  You just had to be his guy...just ask Champ Bailey.

• Haha 2

As bad as Snyder and this FO has been, Rivera cleaned house and we may go to back to back playoff seasons, for the first time since Gibbs 1.

RG3 probably should have dropped his preorder sales while anyone still gave a **** about the congressional involvement, but luckily our American attention span is shorter than Bobs career.

• Like 3

From his social media:

It’s time for you to know the truth. 
SURVIVING WASHINGTON.
A Player’s Missteps.
A Coach’s Greed.
An Owner’s Power.
The Hidden Sexual Harassment. 
They say the truth will set you free, so here it is, unfiltered.
On sale 8.9.22. PRE-ORDER NOW

https://www.simonandschuster.com/books/Surviving-Washington/Robert-Griffin/9781982179823

Atria Books Simon & Schuster

What kills me is “The Hidden Sexual Harrassment”.  So you knew about all this and never said anything until way, way after the fact? And only in your for profit book?

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

From his social media:

What kills me is “The Hidden Sexual Harrassment”.  So you knew about all this and never said anything until way, way after the fact? And only in your for profit book?

Hey, maybe it’ll get the league to force Snyder to sell the team. Maybe some good will come out of that book 😂

28 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

You really think he's gonna publish those 650K emails in his book?

Obviously not, but hopefully there are bad enough details in the book to force Danny boy out.

and YES, i realize there’s a 99.99% chance that won’t be the case and that whatever griffin has in the book will just be full of ****. It’s called wishful thinking though 😂