Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

25 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Wonder if Flores said he wanted nothing to do with Watson but the ownership and GM do. Otherwise, that’s a strange one.

Harbough has been their owner's wish for years.  Looks like Harbough is going back to the NFL and Miami wants him.  That's the only rationale for firing Flores.  If I were NYG, I'd fire Judge and hire Flores in a sec.  Although they both stem from NE, Flores isn't a "clown".

• Like 3

So is Rivera going to stick with his coaching staff ? What about specials teams, linebackers maybe. Have they all done a good enough job to warrant another go in 2022. Even Del Rio. Maybe friendships will get in the way but the old crew, especially from CAR, have had a couple of mediocre seasons in reality.......

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

my guess is he’ll take a short drive up the coast and take over HC of the Jags… but I’d fire our whole staff for Flores

i'm with ya in sentiment but can you image what the 'chemistry' would be like with a no nonsense grown-ass man like flores and someone like dan?

i'm not sure flores would even take the gig no matter what dam promised re: "hansd off", but ya never know when that kind of position is available

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

For those like HogFarmerChris, clamoring for his departure, sorry - but that's probably just a huge gaffe on Turner's part.

Again though, I'm not quite sure what's so terrible about Scott Turner outside of him being our OC, which always stinks according to our fanbase.  Perhaps Scott will eventually be able to follow the rest of them and go play in Super Bowls.  🤣

Mostly his playcalling.  By year two McVey was destroying the league.  Turner meanwhile is calling for the 37th blown up screen pass of the game and then 3 yard routes for everyone on 4th and 5. We were one of only 10 teams to not score more than 20 per game, and way too many plays had to be improvised due to just not being there.  He was bad at Carolina, hes been bad here, I said when he was hired that based on his poor track record they have to be predicting he will improve and ride out his early day failures.  But right now, its not looking pretty as he just hasnt improved at all.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

i'm with ya in sentiment but can you image what the 'chemistry' would be like with a no nonsense grown-ass man like flores and someone like dan?

i'm not sure flores would even take the gig no matter what dam promised re: "hansd off", but ya never know when that kind of position is available

Ron Rivera is far from a nonsense type of guy.

You have to wonder how can he cohabit with Dan in any way.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

26 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

Mostly his playcalling.  By year two McVey was destroying the league.  Turner meanwhile is calling for the 37th blown up screen pass of the game and then 3 yard routes for everyone on 4th and 5. We were one of only 10 teams to not score more than 20 per game, and way too many plays had to be improvised due to just not being there.  He was bad at Carolina, hes been bad here, I said when he was hired that based on his poor track record they have to be predicting he will improve and ride out his early day failures.  But right now, its not looking pretty as he just hasnt improved at all.

I’ve watched him conjure up game plans that have led Taylor Heineke and the injured reserve to appearing competent.

I’ve watched analysis week after week all season long that shows there has been plenty of opportunity to move the football and score points and either our QB doesn’t see it, isn’t confident enough in it, can’t physically do it or our RB is going the wrong way right into trouble.

There is no OC that can score points with Taylor Heineke, a 4th center, no tight end, and so on and so on.

Believe me, I know- some of you guys are football savants that just know Turner is a dolt, and you guys know better than he does that if you just call X plays - Taylor will ball out.  Even though I've yet to see any analysis from any reliable source online that shows where Scott Turner's system is failing his personnel.  Nothing personal, but the symptoms for AntiScottTurner-itis is thinking Taylor Heineke is being held back by him.

Save that for someone that will entertain it, because I won’t entertain it here.  We've hashed this out in different threads and no reason to bog this one down with more of that same discussion.  Scott Turner's failures or lack thereof is a conversation for the Heineke/QB threads.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 2

Yahoo Sports' Charles Robinson reports now-fired coach Brian Flores was a driving force in the Dolphins' interest in Deshaun Watson.

Robinson is not suggesting that interest led to the surprising firing on Monday, but it would seem to remove one of the most likely landing spots for the embattled quarterback. According to Robinson, the tandem of Flores and GM Chris Grier was one of the reasons Watson was willing to waive his no-trade clause. With half of that duo gone and Flores no longer pushing for the move, it is possible Miami looks elsewhere. Yet to be suspended or have any real developments in his situation, Watson will again be one of the stories of the offseason. 

from www.rotoworld.com

7 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

Ron Rivera is far from a nonsense type of guy.

You have to wonder how can he cohabit with Dan in any way.

my take is ron is also more of a 'nice guy' type though, who takes the most positive view of things /people whenever it's at all possible as his default...he'd want to believe a dan presentation of how good dan will behave/be etc and also ron wanted a gig and might not have had other strong suitors or at least no one who'd spin a sales pitch as much as dan might to get him on board

imv, dan had a need for not just a hc with football respectability but also one with ron's high-character bona fides to help redeem his own ugly pr image

add: that flores was the guy wanting watson is an interesting wrinkle if true

• Like 5

I dont know how any one can legitmately analyze and evaluate Turner as OC. His QB is the most limited in the entire league. So much of the playbook was pruned back because his QB literally couldnt physically put the ball into certain areas of the field. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

I dont know how any one can legitmately analyze and evaluate Turner as OC. His QB is the most limited in the entire league. So much of the playbook was pruned back because his QB literally couldnt physically put the ball into certain areas of the field. 

Every QB he's had has been extremely limited.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

putting aside my own 'watching the games and knowing his background' take on scott, the large majority of the nfl talking heads that are well respected ones seem to think scott is good now and likely has a solid future upside

the notoriously, ridiculously, bad historical record of many es posters giving their 'he's no good' takes on coordinators is not a strong counterpoint to their take imv

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

the notoriously, ridiculously, bad historical record of many es posters giving their 'he's no good' takes on coordinators is not a strong counterpoint to their take imv

You're exactly right. This is the same fan base that thought Kyle Shanahan and Sean McVay were bad too.

Our collective fan base IQ is doo doo. A shame what an entire generation of losing does.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

I am totally confused about what happened here regarding Turner/Snyder/the raiders…can someone help me out. 

Scott Turner seems to have temporarily identified as a Raiders coach. He's NFL team fluid. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

You're exactly right. This is the same fan base that thought Kyle Shanahan and Sean McVay were bad too.

Folks still like to pretend they thought Sean McVay was a genius before he became one in the media, and that they were calling for Jay to be fired and replaced with him.  I don't seem to recall any discussion of that whatsoever.  It's revisionist history.  For anyone claiming that, I need the receipts.  Folks used to kill McVay when he was here.  Chris Cooley was the guy speaking about McVay's genius before everyone else, and a lot of our fans would discredit Cooley's analysis because it didn't jive with theirs.  

I discredit this organization and the prior regime under Bruce Allen for a lot of things, but I never expected him to literally fire Jay and promote Sean.  First, they would have to fire Jay without knowing Sean would want/take the job.  If you're Sean and you are getting coaching interviews from places you know can't be worse than the place you currently work, why would you get involved in the drama of unseating your prior boss, when the world is potentially your oyster?

I don't think it was ever even an option to make Sean head coach of this team.  I also don't think  any of our posters were really all-in on McVay before he went out West and became the golden boy.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 2