Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

Here's the biggest issue...

Jason Wright is doing his job. He's not hiding it. He's pretty apologetic about the handling of this which, to me, assumes guilt. He wants people to know that he is aware they are mishandling this and he's talking.

A big rule in PR is: "Ignore it. Short attention spans. If you address it you shed more light on it".

Wright is breaking that rule. 

And the biggest issue with all of this is that it almost makes the new Ron Mart regime, with Jason Wright as team President, a flop. 

Not because of anything those guys did. But because of ownership.

The taint is still there. The culture is still broken. Many of us were sold on Ron because of the guy he is. Many of us were sold on the culture change because Snyder was out of the picture. But this just brings Snyder back to the forefront and tarnishes the small bits of positive culture.

I would be willing to bet that Landon Collins being on the field isn't a Rivera/Del Rio decision at this point. I wasn't thinking that way before... But... Snyder loves Collins.

I feel bad for the guys trying to change the perception. No, Wright isn't blameless in this whole issue. Rivera, Del Rio, etc., either. But they are up against a force that they can't bypass and defeat.

While I think Wright gets a bunch of minus signs for this whole thing, I have a hard time blaming him. To me, at this point, it's just painful because its fairly obvious that none of these guys' efforts matter. And that stinks. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, goskins10 said:

Anyone at this not seeing dan is a total POS and cancer for this team has decided facts and reason no longer exist. This is a POS move that Sean and his family should not be dragged through. Every time I think I can't hate this despicable piece of human garbage any worse he finds a way to make it happen. 

At this point it’s fairly unanimous that everyone knows Dan is the human embodiment of a piece of **** by now. 

13 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Gibbs dies

*10 years later on Saturday*

Hey everyone we’re honoring Gibbs tomorrow!  TOWELS FOR THE FIRST 100 GUESTS!!!

Too bad 50 of those towels would go unclaimed.

Kinda sad the top threads right now is this disaster about the ownership, the disaster about season tickets and the disaster handling of honoring Sean Taylor. Snyders aura ruins everything. 

EDIT: Oh and the “death of a fanbase” thread.

Edited by dyst
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It's quite possible that no seasoned vets would be interested in undertaking the role of attempting to dig this franchise out of the depths of despair.  

Deep, dark depression, excessive misery...whoa, ♫ if it weren't for bad luck, I would have no luck at all, gloom, despair and agony on me ♪

• Thumb up 1

54 minutes ago, dyst said:

Kinda sad the top threads right now is this disaster about the ownership, the disaster about season tickets and the disaster handling of honoring Sean Taylor. Snyders aura ruins everything. 

EDIT: Oh and the “death of a fanbase” thread.

Honestly, there's not much else on my mind about this team. Everything actually happening on the field, outside of a few bright spots, is either mediocre or otherwise deeply disappointing. I've only watched two games in full this season - at Buffalo and against New Orelans and I wasn't terribly impressed with either. The Bills are in a totally different class from this team and showed it and the Saints were absolutely beatable but they got by with a W. Same stuff I've been seeing my whole life.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Califan007 said:

"the team’s coach at the time, Mike Shanahan, had doctored the injury report. "

- Not surprised by this whatsoever. Might have done something similar while in Denver. Not to mention I'm sure he wasn't the first NFL coach to do so.

"We have the Rooney rule …. So I’m going to propose a Lincoln Rule at the next meeting.”

- I can't figure out what this is supposed to mean...anyone?

I really don’t want to broach the topic too much but the ONLY thing I could think of was extremely ugly—some sort of weird “be thankful for what we’ve given you already” White Savior attitude. It doesn’t fully fit the phrase he used but it’s the only thing that kind of fits and would be ‘opposite’ the Rooney Rule. Either way the intention is obviously…bad. Ugly.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I feel sorry fro RR and JW having to take the arrows and come out and apologize for this organizations ineptness, and so much of what is swirling around this trash organization that they had nothing to do with

• Like 1

Why is anyone surprised that Wright would work for a guy like Snyder? It’s literally right out of the McKinsey playbook, they work with some of the most evil people on this planet. When everyone was talking about how impressive his stint at McKinsey was for his resume it actually worried me because of the absolute villains they’ve consulted for, it screams soulless corporate opportunism, not morality. Yeah, he’s super smart and qualified and maybe even a good guy at heart. And he puts a good face on it, but he’s a company man through and through. The NFL loves that about him and so does Snyder, I’m sure. He’s not some rebel insurgency against Snyder’s bad influence, he’s the guy who revels in putting the lipstick on the pig for a big paycheck. 

Edited by ConnSKINS26
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

Here's the biggest issue...

Jason Wright is doing his job. He's not hiding it. He's pretty apologetic about the handling of this which, to me, assumes guilt. He wants people to know that he is aware they are mishandling this and he's talking.

A big rule in PR is: "Ignore it. Short attention spans. If you address it you shed more light on it".

Wright is breaking that rule. 

And the biggest issue with all of this is that it almost makes the new Ron Mart regime, with Jason Wright as team President, a flop. 

Not because of anything those guys did. But because of ownership.

The taint is still there. The culture is still broken. Many of us were sold on Ron because of the guy he is. Many of us were sold on the culture change because Snyder was out of the picture. But this just brings Snyder back to the forefront and tarnishes the small bits of positive culture.

I would be willing to bet that Landon Collins being on the field isn't a Rivera/Del Rio decision at this point. I wasn't thinking that way before... But... Snyder loves Collins.

I feel bad for the guys trying to change the perception. No, Wright isn't blameless in this whole issue. Rivera, Del Rio, etc., either. But they are up against a force that they can't bypass and defeat.

While I think Wright gets a bunch of minus signs for this whole thing, I have a hard time blaming him. To me, at this point, it's just painful because its fairly obvious that none of these guys' efforts matter. And that stinks. 

I think there are a couple easter eggs in the statement that reveal Wrights true thoughts.  

The very first line:

Almost every mistake starts off with the best of intentions…

And the last paragraph:

Whenever I can, I will keep it 100 with you all and this is one of the moments where I need to do that. I again offer my sincere apology to the fans for the unacceptably short notice of this momentous event. 

The first line is *almost* every mistake starts off with the best intentions...note he DOES NOT say this is one of those times.  Thats as close as he will come to revealing the motivation.

"Whenever I can, I'll keep it 100"....so he cant always tell the truth, and this is one of those times he needs to...and all he can say is hes sorry for the unacceptably short notice.

My takeaway is he's a hostage, this is his statement, and its written very carefully with these couple true thoughts woven in.

And that does not absolve one iota in my mind but I do see it as him trying his best to appease Snyder and wink at the fans while doing it.  Which is still a failure.

Edited by 86 Snyder
  • Like 4

30 minutes ago, clietas said:

Before yesterday all I really knew about Wright was he was a former NFL player. The more I learn about the guy the more I begin to despise him. He's simply another stooge. 😒

At some point you have to realize the only people excitedly coming here are stooges looking for great money happy to do the devil’s work, or people so incompetent they don’t actually realize what they are getting involved in by working for this franchise. I exclude players because they are all just looking for a paycheck. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

At some point you have to realize the only people excitedly coming here are stooges looking for great money happy to do the devil’s work, or people so incompetent they don’t actually realize what they are getting involved in by working for this franchise. I exclude players because they are all just looking for a paycheck. 

I got the feeling at first the Jason Wright was up for a challenge. Sure the money is great i'm assuming. But it felt like he actually wanted to turn this thing around. I'm not so sure anymore.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

I think there are a couple easter eggs in the statement that reveal Wrights true thoughts.  

The very first line:

Almost every mistake starts off with the best of intentions…

And the last paragraph:

Whenever I can, I will keep it 100 with you all and this is one of the moments where I need to do that. I again offer my sincere apology to the fans for the unacceptably short notice of this momentous event. 

The first line is *almost* every mistake starts off with the best intentions...note he DOES NOT say this is one of those times.  Thats as close as he will come to revealing the motivation.

"Whenever I can, I'll keep it 100"....so he cant always tell the truth, and this is one of those times he needs to...and all he can say is hes sorry for the unacceptably short notice.

My takeaway is he's a hostage, this is his statement, and its written very carefully with these couple true thoughts woven in.

And that does not absolve one iota in my mind but I do see it as him trying his best to appease Snyder and wink at the fans while doing it.  Which is still a failure.

I honestly think you're waaaay overanalyzing it.

6 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

I got the feeling at first the Jason Wright was up for a challenge. Sure the money is great i'm assuming. But it felt like he actually wanted to turn this thing around. I'm not so sure anymore.

I agree. It's like a lot of politicians get into politics with the hopes of changing the world, realize it's virtually impossible so you just tread water in search of a raft.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Anyone who works for Snyder is suspect. Even Gibbs. He sweet talked Ron into taking this job. Not that Gibbs would know anything about what has been going on in Ashburn the past fifteen years. Still tho he always speaks highly of Snyder which is just incredibly unfortunate. 

Edited by clietas
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

At this point it’s fairly unanimous that everyone knows Dan is the human embodiment of a piece of **** by now. 

Do not be so sure abotu that. I have thought that before when dan does these totally ****ed up things. Only to have someone defend him. Granted, the numbers have dwindled considerably. I would hope you are right but never say never.... 

18 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I honestly think you're waaaay overanalyzing it.

*Shrug*

Ok.

I genuinely think Jason is a good guy.  It starts with that.  And I have to think hes smart enough to know this was a horrible plan that would backfire.  And that this was a Snyder move and he couldnt stop it...so with those assumptions, I dont think its a stretch to insert a couple things into the statement that took several hours to prepare.

Not absolving him in any way.  He is now part of the problem.