Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

Just now, Idaho fan said:

They aren't even doing the ceremony for ST #21 at half time... they are doing it pregame when no one is in the stadium.  SMFH

To be fair there won't be that many more people there at halftime. At least the stadium will look like it's half filled with our fans since we have similar colors as The Chiefs. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Beyond that, Scot was already an alcoholic.  Bruce hired him and put him in what sounds like one of the worst environment possible for someone with his issues.  I recall when they fired him, some folks defending Bruce, that Scot was drunk and not doing his job and yadda yadda.  And it was like well go figure, why is Bruce getting a pass for employing a drunk and then firing him because he was getting sloshed at Redskins Park, where Bruce and the gang were also getting hammered?

No doubt.  I though how they fired him was BS but NOW good lord.  I would be drunk 24/7/365.

• Haha 1

Is there a time line that shows all the scandals, blunders, mistakes, errors etc. that has taken place under Dan?  That would be a lot of work and an interesting if not depressing thing to look at.  There have been so many things that this despicable half man has done wrong. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Sorry but bro is forgetting NFLPA protected murderers, rapists, animal abusers, violent offenders, etc of all races.  He needs to relax a bit.  There’s players in the league current that have done much worst than Gruden. NFL and NFLPA are both sketch as hell.

Oh I agree with you. But how fast do you think owners will be tossing those players who committed those acts under the bus once they think their golden nest egg is threatened? In today's cancel culture the NFL is going to do everything in its power to place blame somewhere else other than the organizations and owners themselves. IF owners start taking heat from this they will be looking for a fall guy. I can almost guarantee it. And Gruden isnt a big enough fish for what Smith is asking for. 

• Like 1

Snyder has no real remorse. Having sacrificed his latest general manager or team president; having presided over a toxic, top-down culture for so long, he just moves on amid the wreckage of careers and personal lives. He has never understood that while change is certain, growth is optional.

When societies and organizations address historical wrongs, those that have done so most effectively engage in a common understanding of history and the facts. They do this to avoid repeating mistakes.

If you’re going to start doing the right thing when it comes to hiring qualified coaches and executives of color; if you’re going to respect women in the workplace and Native Americans; heck, if you’re going to hire a team president who doesn’t spout anti-gay sentiments and email images of half-naked women — team employees or not — to his Neanderthal friends, you need to take accountability for your role in all the bad. Own your part.

And after the first step of doing the right thing, you have to remember that for many decades you did the wrong thing.

It’s unconscionable that neither Snyder nor the organization has condemned the emails or Allen (who did not return texts and a phone call seeking comment).

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell must be held accountable, too. Strange that of the 650,000 documents examined during the league’s investigation, the only emails leaked are those that detonated the legacies of Allen and Gruden — emails in which Gruden referred to Goodell with homophobic slurs and accused of him pressuring the then-St. Louis Rams into drafting the league’s first openly gay player.

...Years ago, after a 3-13 eyesore of a season, a longtime staffer to Snyder told me: “Any man who treats people as badly as that man treats people has karma coming to him.” But the only person to be held accountable so far is the now-former coach of the Las Vegas Raiders. Snyder still owns this team. There is no karma in that.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/10/13/gruden-emails-washington-football-culture-snyder-accountability/

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, tshile said:

The truth of the matter is:

it doesn’t matter. 

This organization, under this owner, isn’t worth defending. Even when it’s an honest mistake. 

it’s a total **** show. And if you haven’t figured that out by now then you never will. 

the only way any of this may even matter is that they included racism. 

cause apparently no one gave a **** when the story was prostituting out cheerleaders and taking photos of them naked without their permission. 

this organization is a pool of waste. It stands for nothing of value anymore. Everything it does is fake and contrived for the sake of spinning pr. 

it’s not surprising that with all of this bull**** going on in the “background” the team also sucks every year at playing football. I mean how could we possibly expect a competitive product in this kind of environment ?

what, are we just holding out hope that despite being run by scumbags, they may just happen to be scumbags that know how to develop a team?

is there anything that suggests “leadership” is a quality anyone at the top possesses? Is there anything this team does they suggest it has its roots on quality leadership?

To add to this - what reason has this current ownership group given any of us to play them honest? On or off the field, what reason have the Snyders given us to say we should give them the benefit of a doubt? The on-field results have been consistently dismal and the off-field results have been starkly and unusually wretched.

What reason should we play this ownership honest?

4 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

Is there a time line that shows all the scandals, blunders, mistakes, errors etc. that has taken place under Dan?  That would be a lot of work and an interesting if not depressing thing to look at.  There have been so many things that this despicable half man has done wrong. 

Can't wait for the 30 for 30 special.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Snyder has no real remorse. Having sacrificed his latest general manager or team president; having presided over a toxic, top-down culture for so long, he just moves on amid the wreckage of careers and personal lives. He has never understood that while change is certain, growth is optional.

When societies and organizations address historical wrongs, those that have done so most effectively engage in a common understanding of history and the facts. They do this to avoid repeating mistakes.

If you’re going to start doing the right thing when it comes to hiring qualified coaches and executives of color; if you’re going to respect women in the workplace and Native Americans; heck, if you’re going to hire a team president who doesn’t spout anti-gay sentiments and email images of half-naked women — team employees or not — to his Neanderthal friends, you need to take accountability for your role in all the bad. Own your part.

And after the first step of doing the right thing, you have to remember that for many decades you did the wrong thing.

It’s unconscionable that neither Snyder nor the organization has condemned the emails or Allen (who did not return texts and a phone call seeking comment).

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell must be held accountable, too. Strange that of the 650,000 documents examined during the league’s investigation, the only emails leaked are those that detonated the legacies of Allen and Gruden — emails in which Gruden referred to Goodell with homophobic slurs and accused of him pressuring the then-St. Louis Rams into drafting the league’s first openly gay player.

...Years ago, after a 3-13 eyesore of a season, a longtime staffer to Snyder told me: “Any man who treats people as badly as that man treats people has karma coming to him.” But the only person to be held accountable so far is the now-former coach of the Las Vegas Raiders. Snyder still owns this team. There is no karma in that.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/10/13/gruden-emails-washington-football-culture-snyder-accountability/

As long as the people we hire are the best people for the job I don’t care if the person is poka dot purple with antlers.  Just dispose of your antler shedding properly and even that’s negotiable.  If we’re hiring simply for brownie points we deserve the same back lash for being fake . 

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

GD, Happy Disrespect Sean Taylor Day, everybody!

I need a drink...

How am I disrespecting anyone? The original post was about the nose on the doll. I simply said I thought they designed the doll with a pink nose as a reference to the Hogs/Hogettes. I never disrespected anyone. Nor did I say it was acceptable on any level.

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

GD, Happy Disrespect Sean Taylor Day, everybody!

I need a drink...

Go ahead. Nobody will judge you :) it IS thirsty Thursday after all! 

Just now, clskinsfan said:

How am I disrespecting anyone? The original post was about the nose on the doll. I simply said I thought they designed the doll with a pink nose as a reference to the Hogs/Hogettes. I never disrespected anyone. Nor did I say it was acceptable on any level.

Pretty sure he was saying in general, from the doll and the timing of the retiring of the jersey 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I'm not talking about you, im talking about the stupid doll

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 86 Snyder said:

I *hope* thats true and I further hope she actually sees the money.  But why the need for a trust?  Why the need to sell merchandise to get her to college?  Hes supposedly a billionaire, he shoulda just said heres a million dollars or whatever amount.  No need to make racist ass dolls in Seans likeness to get her an education.

We're talking about Dan Snyder. He isn't giving away money unless there is something in return for him (tax write off, lobbyists, etc)

There are no good answers to how they botched the number retirement so badly. Either they held it back anticipating the email problems to drop, or the team has such blatant disregard for the fans that it can't be bothered to announce it with more than a "be there or be square" tweet.

It would be fitting if the fans held their own ceremony in the parking lot and left the stands empty. Sean Taylor's memory deserves so much better than what he'll get this Sunday.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

We know it was planned at least back in September. Unless people think Al Galdi, Ryan Clark, and Hightower are lying.

If ex-players are being told about it weeks ago, something made them decide to not also tell the fans weeks ago.  I mean, Hightower knew before Ryan Clark did...well before any need of an "oh ****" distraction. I have no idea why their words don't make pretty much everyone say "Ok, it wasn't just thought up in the last few days".  I can't reconcile what Clark and Galdi have said with the "they only decided to do this within the week" argument.

So if we can agree that this was not just thought up this week and was planned at least back in September, before any stories about emails, what would cause them to mention it to players but not the fans? The only person who attempted to answer that question said maybe they just held onto the info in case they needed it--which doesn't make too much sense. My own theory was that this decision was made in September and was rushed...the planning would and should take longer. Plus they wanted to make sure Sean's family could attend--there is talk on twitter (however valid or invalid) that they wanted to make sure his family could attend before announcing it, and the players who were told about it were told because the team was trying to organize the whole thing hastily to get it done for the "homecoming" game. 

You keep saying September like that’s a while ago. That’s mere weeks lol. That’s what I’m talking about, this stuff takes way longer to plan appropriately and give fans a chance to fly in for a once in a lifetime fan event. It’s been bungled, as usual. 

As for if it’s “malicious” or not, it’s fair to say that it’s less likely. The “oh ****” theory is the idea that they cranked it up from some sort of (still recently planned) “honoring” (which wouldn’t require as much lead time) to a jersey retirement for a beloved, tragically lost franchise legend, which should be a BIG DEAL. The type of thing that season ticket holders and everyone else would want to be able to plan around.

And what it comes down to for me is that I just don’t believe that Wright would make such a mistake and miss such an opportunity. Something weird is going on with this. 

• Like 2