Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

The truth of the matter is:

it doesn’t matter. 

This organization, under this owner, isn’t worth defending. Even when it’s an honest mistake. 

it’s a total **** show. And if you haven’t figured that out by now then you never will. 

the only way any of this may even matter is that they included racism. 

cause apparently no one gave a **** when the story was prostituting out cheerleaders and taking photos of them naked without their permission. 

this organization is a pool of waste. It stands for nothing of value anymore. Everything it does is fake and contrived for the sake of spinning pr. 

it’s not surprising that with all of this bull**** going on in the “background” the team also sucks every year at playing football. I mean how could we possibly expect a competitive product in this kind of environment ?

what, are we just holding out hope that despite being run by scumbags, they may just happen to be scumbags that know how to develop a team?

is there anything that suggests “leadership” is a quality anyone at the top possesses? Is there anything this team does they suggest it has its roots on quality leadership?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Sorry but bro is forgetting NFLPA protected murderers, rapists, animal abusers, violent offenders, etc of all races.  He needs to relax a bit.  There’s players in the league current that have done much worst than Gruden. NFL and NFLPA are both sketch as hell.

The one difference is that Gruden is a leader, responsible for leading a multi-billion dollar organization, that makes hiring and firing decisions.

I'm not saying the NFL isn't hypocritical, it clearly is.  But a players rap sheet vs. Grudens emails is apples to oranges.  Gruden's emails exhibit a lot of bias and prejudice against numerous groups of people.  You can't have him in charge of your organization after all that comes to light.  The organization he was the head coach of has black players, at least one gay player, and employs women.  All of which he used disparaging language to describe them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, clietas said:

Because Dan Snyder is a cheap piece of ****? 💩

That's 100% spot on, and shouldn't be surprising considering that Snyder was the same creep who sold stale peanuts from a defunct airline to Skins fans...and sold "commemorative" 9/11 hats for $24:

https://www.businessinsider.com/the-14-worst-business-practices-of-redskins-owner-daniel-snyder-2010-11

4ce5506eccd1d5b824050000?width=300&forma

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

So everyone would have been cool if they just announced today they were honoring ST and his family at the next game...but didn't mention anything about retiring his jersey?

And if you change your post, you edited it. "I only added a photo" is not only inaccurate, but is the definition of editing something lol...why is this a hill you want to die on?

Yeah, probably.  You can honor someone 1000 times but you can only retire a jersey once.  Why is this a hill you want to die on?

Listen, your comment about editing made it seem like I did something disingenuous.  I added to my post.  Yes thats editing but it didnt fit with the insinuation of your post.  Got it now?  K bye.

13 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

The one difference is that Gruden is a leader, responsible for leading a multi-billion dollar organization, that makes hiring and firing decisions.

I'm not saying the NFL isn't hypocritical, it clearly is.  But a players rap sheet vs. Grudens emails is apples to oranges.  Gruden's emails exhibit a lot of bias and prejudice against numerous groups of people.  You can't have him in charge of your organization after all that comes to light.  The organization he was the head coach of has black players, at least one gay player, and employs women.  All of which he used disparaging language to describe them. 

All I’m saying is neither NFL nor NFLPA have any ethics.  So dude can chill with his acting like he’s on a noble mission.  The crap both have covered up and protected if unearthened would be enough to throw pretty much every higher level person out the door at both places. They only care about their cut.  They couldn’t careless about morals. If Tom Brady, McNabb, Manning, M Faulk, Jerry Rice, R Moss, etc cut someone’s throat they would have defended them to the death. 

Edited by RichmondRedskin88

48 minutes ago, Boss_Hogg said:

I get what your saying but I don't think this is fair without context. 

After Sean died, Dan set up a trust for Sean's daughter. All proceeds from Sean's merch sales were deposited into an account so she can go to college and leave debt free.

I *hope* thats true and I further hope she actually sees the money.  But why the need for a trust?  Why the need to sell merchandise to get her to college?  Hes supposedly a billionaire, he shoulda just said heres a million dollars or whatever amount.  No need to make racist ass dolls in Seans likeness to get her an education.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Should they have not mentioned Sean's jersey is being retired at the game?

If it was not a last minute “oh ****” plan, it would’ve been mentioned months ago, look at TK’s post I responded to. These things aren’t announced the week of, like “surprise!” 

Come on. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

If it was not a last minute “oh ****” plan, it would’ve been mentioned months ago, look at TK’s post I responded to. These things aren’t announced the week of, like “surprise!” 

Come on. 

I remember Eli Manning’s Jersey was retired at halftime of their game a few weeks ago, so i was curious when they announced it. Pretty sure they posted an announcement the week of. 

id be interested in seeing how many teams do that and how many teams announce something like that months in advance 

23 minutes ago, tshile said:

cause apparently no one gave a **** when the story was prostituting out cheerleaders and taking photos of them naked without their permission. 

The lack of accountability on this is still astounding to me. Dan Snyder literally pimped out his employees and it's seemingly a complete non story. Not sure how this isn't major national news. If this was going on at Microsoft or General Motors would it not be reported and discussed by every news outlet? 

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

They wanted Taylor's family to be in attendance as well. Did they tell them to "stand by and we'll let you know if something comes up"?...They were already going to honor ST this weekend no matter what...Ryan Clark knew about it back in September. You'd have to really stretch to make that part in bold fit logically to everything we know so far.

And I had mentioned that it could simply be another PR bumbling, which would fit in with how things have gone in the past. What I do NOT buy is that mentioning this now proves this whole thing was concocted to be a distraction.

they told the parties involved but clearly failed to announce it to fans publicly. It was most likely horrific incompetence but due to the timing of it and the sleazy history of this team, it’s not at all unreasonable or even a stretch imo to question it. 

12 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I remember Eli Manning’s Jersey was retired at halftime of their game a few weeks ago, so i was curious when they announced it. Pretty sure they posted an announcement the week of. 

id be interested in seeing how many teams do that and how many teams announce something like that months in advance 

Is that true? That’s pretty hard to believe given what a big deal it is to retire a Jersey. Most franchise rarely do it in a person’s entire lifetime as a fan, and lots of people make special plans to fly out and attend the game where it’s happening. Pure incompetence if it’s not malicious. Shouldn’t surprise any of us either way, but there is no more benefit of the doubt. 

6 minutes ago, clietas said:

The lack of accountability on this is still astounding to me. Dan Snyder literally pimped out his employees and it's seemingly a complete non story. Not sure how this isn't major national news. If this was going on at Microsoft or General Motors would it not be reported and discussed by every news outlet? 

It was everywhere, difference is Microsoft and GM aren't part of cartels that protect its most powerful member like teflon.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Come on. 

We know it was planned at least back in September. Unless people think Al Galdi, Ryan Clark, and Hightower are lying.

If ex-players are being told about it weeks ago, something made them decide to not also tell the fans weeks ago.  I mean, Hightower knew before Ryan Clark did...well before any need of an "oh ****" distraction. I have no idea why their words don't make pretty much everyone say "Ok, it wasn't just thought up in the last few days".  I can't reconcile what Clark and Galdi have said with the "they only decided to do this within the week" argument.

So if we can agree that this was not just thought up this week and was planned at least back in September, before any stories about emails, what would cause them to mention it to players but not the fans? The only person who attempted to answer that question said maybe they just held onto the info in case they needed it--which doesn't make too much sense. My own theory was that this decision was made in September and was rushed...the planning would and should take longer. Plus they wanted to make sure Sean's family could attend--there is talk on twitter (however valid or invalid) that they wanted to make sure his family could attend before announcing it, and the players who were told about it were told because the team was trying to organize the whole thing hastily to get it done for the "homecoming" game. 

41 minutes ago, tshile said:

what, are we just holding out hope that despite being run by scumbags, they may just happen to be scumbags that know how to develop a team?

this realization is what made me quit. When the answer was, “I don’t care anymore and can't in good conscience support those scumbags regardless whether the product on the field is good or bad” 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

they told the parties involved but clearly failed to announce it to fans publicly. It was most likely horrific incompetence but due to the timing of it and the sleazy history of this team, it’s not at all unreasonable or even a stretch imo to question it. 

I agree with the first part, but not the part in bold. If they were indeed planning this in September--and told people about it in September--then any opinion that relies on them not deciding to do this until this week is definitely unreasonable. The only way it becomes a reasonable conclusion is if you feel guys like Clark and Galdi are lying.

9 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Is that true? That’s pretty hard to believe given what a big deal it is to retire a Jersey. Most franchise rarely do it in a person’s entire lifetime as a fan, and lots of people make special plans to fly out and attend the game where it’s happening. Pure incompetence if it’s not malicious. Shouldn’t surprise any of us either way, but there is no more benefit of the doubt. 

They announced it in July...

• Thanks 1

Clark said he heard about it Sept 22nd, he didn't mention one way or another at least in that initial tweet about his jersey being retired.  So that was a little less than a few weeks back.  Mitchell said on the air he didn't hear that Taylor's jersey would be retired albeit he was invited to the alumni game.

Who knows?  At a minimum, considering that Dan's favorite thing is to sell nostalgia and the past, I'd presume adding the Taylor jersey drill on that day was decided once the season started or otherwise they would have likely promoted it earlier considering how they typically roll?     As for the jersey being retired that day to me its plausible that they just decided recently to do on that day to add some oomph to the event or maybe not.  If this was all decided this summer, its weird that they low keyed the event. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Looking back now I don’t blame Scot for drinking.  I would have had a full bar behind my desk with a personal bartender  shaking a drink up as I walked into my office every morning. 

Beyond that, Scot was already an alcoholic.  Bruce hired him and put him in what sounds like one of the worst environment possible for someone with his issues.  I recall when they fired him, some folks defending Bruce, that Scot was drunk and not doing his job and yadda yadda.  And it was like well go figure, why is Bruce getting a pass for employing a drunk and then firing him because he was getting sloshed at Redskins Park, where Bruce and the gang were also getting hammered?

• Like 2