Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

There is no other explanation for the constant bumbling of everything WFT other than Snyderitis is contagious and sticks to the offices in Ashburn like mold, to be breathed in by whomever gets the office space next.

Some will say, you guys complain about everything.  The logical will say why does basically everything they do prompt complaint?

Edit: And the homecoming thing is ridiculous anyways.  I’ll never forget going to the homecoming game against the Panthers some years back and getting whooped.  I believe it was Deangelo Williams who said afterwards it served as a motivator for them, that they couldn’t believe that we a. Had a homecoming and b. Scheduled it against them, it was insulting.

Found the following on Usatoday’s archives:

Like any high school football player with a sense of pride, Williams doesn't like to be scheduled for homecoming.

"It pissed me off," Williams, who rushed for a 30-yard touchdown, said, via CBS-D.C. "I picked up the Gameday(program), and I'm looking at the Gameday, and it says 'homecoming,' and I'm thinking to myself, this is the National Football League. Are you serious? Homecoming? Homecoming, and it's not like you tried to hide it. You blatantly put it on the front of the Gameday, and you talk about somebody getting fired up today. I was pissed.

"That was definitely motivating. You don't say you're going to have a homecoming in the National Football League. You do it in college against one of those teams that's just terrible. You don't book a good team for homecoming. You don't give a team extra motivation by putting that on your program."

Bottom line: Even though the Panthers are just 2-6, don't dare cast them as the Little Sisters of the Poor junior varsity squad on a feel-good day for the home team.

So we schedule this event against the freaking Chiefs?  And then notify the public that Sean’s Jersey is being retired a few days prior?

Make it make sense.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Thanks 2

Also, speaking strictly for myself...

Release the ****ing emails.  They're gonna come out anyway.  Right now, as we speak, there's a bunch of bloodhound journalists all over this thing trying to be the first one to crack the story and publish these emails.  It's gonna happen, it's just a matter of time.

Again, speaking strictly for myself...I really view the NFL as two or three steps above pro-wrestling.  IMO, the biggest difference is that the WWE is pre-determined...the matches are fixed, it's scripted.  And even if you were to tell me that the NFL was scripted, that refs were under the influence to make sure certain teams were most likely to advance to title games and the Super Bowl, I wouldn't bat an eye.  I wouldn't be shocked.  I don't think any of you would be.  

The results in the NFL, as far as we can tell, are on the up and up.  But outside of the lines, away from the field, the storylines, the drama...it's all more compelling than the WWE, IMO.  It's real, while the WWE is not.  Both are never ending storylines. 

And so when things like Gruden's emails come to light, I don't bat an eye.  Sure, they were terrible and offensive, I'm not saying they weren't.  But just like I wouldn't look to a WWE wrestler for moral guidance and setting good examples, I certainly don't look to anyone in the NFL for that, either.   I'm under no illusion that the NFL is made up of good people.  It's like that Bill Burr skit where he talks about the Duck Dynasty guy who was cancelled because he had homophobic beliefs.  "Can you believe what the Duck Dynasty guy said about gay people?"  "You mean the redneck with the beard down to his dick?  Yeah, actually I can believe that!  Did you think he'd have some enlightened views?"  Am I shocked that a pro football coached called the commissioner a derogatory word for a homosexual?  Am I shocked that a pro football coach didn't want a gay player drafted?  Am I shocked that they traded topless cheerleader photos?  Again, can you believe what the Duck Dynasty guy said about LGBTQ issues?  

Again, strictly for myself...I'm not watching the NFL for their progressive views on race, LGBTQ issues, breast cancer awareness or the United Way.  I'm watching to see 6'3 255 pound linebackers who can run a 4.5 40 hit a running back.  I'm watching to see someone make an amazing one handed catch for a touchdown.  I'm watching to see how long Tom Brady can play at this level.  I'm watching to see if my team will ever be good again.  

I said it yesterday, I'll say it again here.  Make no mistake about it, the NFL would be the XFL if left to their own devices.  Look, we all know what's in those emails that the NFL doesn't want you to see.  We all know it's going to be terrible, awful stuff and we're all here for it.  So release the emails, let everyone clutch their pearls for a few weeks and let's get on with watching football, shall we? 

The cover up is usually worse than the crime.  So the NFL, IMO, has a decision:  release the emails and get lambasted for it, or not release the emails and have some journalists track them down and get lambasted for the emails AND trying to cover it up.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 2

It’s really to the point that as long as the janitor still uses soap/disinfectant to clean things, they are now the most competent person at their job in the entire organization, aside from a couple players. 

that’s how bad this clown show is in every possible way.

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

There is no other explanation for the constant bumbling of everything WFT other than Snyderitis is contagious and sticks to the offices in Ashburn like mold, to be breathed in by whomever gets the office space next.

Some will say, you guys complain about everything.  The logical will say why does bacsically everything they do prompt complaint?

And I would say the logical should read your last two sentences and realize the first sentence guarantees the 2nd one lol...

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, TK said:

Bobby Mitchell's jersey retirement was announced more than a year in advance. Sean gets 4 days notice for his. 👀    WTF WFT? 

June 20, 2020

Bobby Mitchell jersey retirement announced

Sept 10, 2021

Bobby Mitchell jersey retirement WEEK 2, 2021

Don't forget they announced Coldplay over a year in advance!

• Haha 8

3 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

"We will continue to share with you plans to celebrate Taylor over the next month...we're just going to tell you days in advance."

i didn't want to detract from what should be the deep sentiments held for sean in the new thread so i'll put my reaction here:

clueless and ****ty org keeps leaving piles of **** for their fans to step in

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Thanks, I think I'm now permanently blinded from rolling my eyes back into my head so far they won't come back out.

I take it you didn't get my point...which, for the record, has zero to do with the legitimacy of either sentence you wrote.

It was a joking comment on how those two sentences read as if you're answering the 2nd sentence with the 1st one. That's how taking your comment logically / literally would be interpreted.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Some will say, you guys complain about everything.  The logical will say why does basically everything they do prompt complaint?

The thing that's been said by more than one person who worked there is that Dan can be overbearing where he inserts his stamp on things like this.

I am somewhat in the PR business in what i do.  I worked with a lot of different people over the years some of them rich.  There are two clients I've worked with that remind me of Dan reputation wise.  When i am working for them, at best what I put out is 50% me-50% them.  And at times its 100% them because they are the boss and have the power to override me.  On big items they tend to put their stamp on things, they sell that they are hands off because the let go of some of the small stuff.  But in general, I felt my work was adulterated when I did stuff for them. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4

DeMaurice Smith is calling for a league wide investigation now. I dont know how more emails and details wont leak at this point. This has a chance to take the league itself down. My prayer is they use Snyder as the fall guy and boot his ass.  

"What I'm interested in -- is there correspondence that suggests teams are making decisions about coaches based on the color of their skin?" Smith said on ESPN's "The Right Time with Bomani Jones" podcast. "Are they actively hostile to players that have chosen to self-identify in various ways? Are they denigrating of people based on sexual preference or religious identity?"

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32395337/demaurice-smith-discusses-email-trove-wft-investigation-questions-whether-race-factor-hiring-decisions-nfl

• Like 7
  • Thumb up 1

39 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

It’s really to the point that as long as the janitor still uses soap/disinfectant to clean things, they are now the most competent person at their job in the entire organization, aside from a couple players. 

that’s how bad this clown show is in every possible way.

Heard they switched to bleach only 

1 hour ago, Califan007 said:

That means you also have to ask: why would they wait?

If you want to be conspiratorial you'll think they knew for months that this email flap was going to come to light and they held back on announcing it just in case the Gruden/Allen emails came to light during this week. But then you'd also have to come up with a reason why they didn't announce it on Monday or even last Friday instead.

If you want to be WFT-cynical, you'll say they are still bumbling around when it comes to PR or that having Tanya in charge means stuff isn't getting done as it should be. But then you'd have to believe the ST announcement would have gone smoother under Dan's leadership (or that anything whatsoever could run smoother with him at the helm lol).

I honestly don't think it's worth the energy required to worry about it.

Sean's getting his jersey retired, and it deserves to be. Take it out of circulation. Glad they're doing it.

No it doesnt.

8 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

DeMaurice Smith is calling for a league wide investigation now. I dont know how more emails and details wont leak at this point. This has a chance to take the league itself down. My prayer is they use Snyder as the fall guy and boot his ass.  

"What I'm interested in -- is there correspondence that suggests teams are making decisions about coaches based on the color of their skin?" Smith said on ESPN's "The Right Time with Bomani Jones" podcast. "Are they actively hostile to players that have chosen to self-identify in various ways? Are they denigrating of people based on sexual preference or religious identity?"

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32395337/demaurice-smith-discusses-email-trove-wft-investigation-questions-whether-race-factor-hiring-decisions-nfl

Sorry but bro is forgetting NFLPA protected murderers, rapists, animal abusers, violent offenders, etc of all races.  He needs to relax a bit.  There’s players in the league current that have done much worst than Gruden. NFL and NFLPA are both sketch as hell.

Edited by RichmondRedskin88
  • Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

Snyder and the WFT are the Clownshow of Clownshows.  The Sean Taylor jersey retirement announcement is a freakin' disgrace.  One of the few things the fans will universally rally around and they can't even get that right.  It's almost as if these dip****s take pride in being clueless hacks.      

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1