Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

5 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Putting 2 and 2 together: Wilkinson likely leaked the draft report to 106.7 and she tried to leak more info in public court that Dan was sued and paid off an employee he sexually harassed on the team plane. That was way outside the scope of what she was hired to do. The NFL shut it down, slapped Dan on the wrist and decapitated the minority owner Schar from ever being involved in the NFL again and just did the same to Bruce with the Gruden emails.  

Huh. Leaking to a sports radio station seems quite off-brand for an attorney with as illustrious a resume as Beth Wilkinson. I mean just look at her experience: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beth_Wilkinson

5 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Huh. Leaking to a sports radio station seems quite off-brand for an attorney with as illustrious a resume as Beth Wilkinson. I mean just look at her experience: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beth_Wilkinson

The hate for Dan will do that to you. No one touches him and walks away clean. She destroyed her reputation. She is done. 

I did a quick google and this one outlines her supposed lying by the former Redskins general counsel. She also made threats prior to this in the same case.  It’s pretty harsh accusations against her:

https://www.mondaq.com/unitedstates/employment-litigation-tribunals/1110306/former-washington-football-team-general-counsel-accused-nfl-investigator-of-lying-during-her-investigation

2 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

It is truly outrageous that after the NFL's 10-month long investigation involving hundreds of witnesses and 650,000 documents related to the longtime culture of harassment and abuse at the Washington Football Team, the only person to be held accountable and lose their job is the coach of the Las Vegas Raiders," lawyers Lisa Banks and Debra Katz said in a statement.

I thought several people with the team, lost their jobs.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Very likely this was on behalf of Dan. This pretty much confirms it. 

I dont get it.  Assasinate Gruden just to get a guy (Allen) who was never going to be employed in the NFL again definitely ostracized?  I'm missing something.

7 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

I dont get it.  Assasinate Gruden just to get a guy (Allen) who was never going to be employed in the NFL again definitely ostracized?  I'm missing something.

Bruce was in cahoots with Dwight Schar. The minority owner that was banned from ever owning a share in an NFL team again after Dan bought him out. Plus Bruce has a pay dispute against Dan. This destroyed that.

On another note, look at that first email in the tweet. Jon Gruden is pissed off at Goodell for saying the Redskins name is offensive in 2014. Very interesting.

Edited by SoCalSkins
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

Bruce was in cahoots with Dwight Schar. The minority owner that was banned from ever owning a share in an NFL team again after Adam bought him out. Plus Bruce has a pay dispute against Dan. This destroyed that.

On another note, look at that first email in the tweet. Jon Gruden is pissed off at Goodell for saying the Redskins name is offensive in 2014. Very interesting.

Yeah but why Gruden?  Im sure theres thousands of ****ty emails on Bruce's account.  Why start by taking down Gruden?  I like the reading between the lines you've done the last few pages and I agree with a lot of it...but this part doesnt add up for me.

1 minute ago, 86 Snyder said:

Yeah but why Gruden?  Im sure theres thousands of ****ty emails on Bruce's account.  Why start by taking down Gruden?  I like the reading between the lines you've done the last few pages and I agree with a lot of it...but this part doesnt add up for me.

Gruden is buddies with Bruce and this makes it way more personal and newsworthy. Plus ending the 10 year contract isn’t going to piss off the other owners. 

8 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

You are framing it in terms of rational investment of time. The real comparison is a life long heroin addict. They aren’t getting clean. The addiction might kill them eventually but it’s a permanent dependency for nearly all. Especially the ones who still frequent a message board of the team.

Best you can hope for is such an egregious dramatic event created by the team that it kills you quickly because of the years of drinking and stress eating that the team caused you to do and it finally puts you out of your misery. That’s the best case scenario. All the others are incrementally worse. 

For me it's more the relationship to the board.  The team just gives us something to talk about. Like a family member who has always been a disappointment. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

Gruden is buddies with Bruce and this makes it way more personal and newsworthy. Plus ending the 10 year contract isn’t going to piss off the other owners. 

Maybe that was the way to get Bruce without throwing dirt on his own team.  And Roger is on board in part because of the comments about him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin said:

For me it's more the relationship to the board.  The team just gives us something to talk about. Like a family member who has always been a disappointment. 

We have been burned so long that we don’t verbalize the hidden hope we have. The reality is most of us think this will turn around and we will see another Lombardi hoisted and all the misery will be worth it at that moment. But we are cynical jerks calloused from years of disappointment in the meantime. 

The family member you are talking about is the dad that left for cigarettes and never came back and we are waiting outside for him to drive up and take us to Disneyland. 😂 

• Haha 4

50 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:
*TB cancels Gruden Tweet*

I'm old enough to remember when Warren Sapp was arrested for domestic violence in 2010 then arrested again for soliciting sex from an undercover cop. 

One of my friend's ex went to the U with Sapp in the early 90s. Warren was one of the biggest POS's on campus. He would constantly steal her belongings and lounge on her couch. Dude has always been an ass. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I dunno how I feel about this.  It's like they're getting ahead of any controversy before anyone can accuse them of supporting him.  

It’s insanity in my opinion. I’m sure McVay is super worried at the moment. Those guys were tight. 

17 minutes ago, profusion said:

This was way too specific to Jon Gruden. I actually don't think Danny Boy was behind this one, though it ultimately ties back to his miserable organization. Someone else had it in for Gruden.

The Redskins produced those emails in their dispute with Bruce. Those exact emails is what was leaked. The source may not have had other emails.

6 minutes ago, method man said:

The reason TB is so quick to remove Gruden from the Ring of Honor was because one of those leaked emails was Gruden implying Bryan Glazer, one of the owners, perform oral sex on him. That must've really pissed them off.

He asked Bruce Allen to ask Bryan Glazer to perform the act and Bruce replied that Glazer would take him up on the offer.  Jon is a pretty man. Glazer could do worse! 😂 

https://www.joebucsfan.com/2021/10/more-chucky-e-mails-released-including-lewd-reference-to-bucs-co-chairman-bryan-glazer/