Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

4 hours ago, DJHJR86 said:

If this is true, Jason Wright is a liar.  

Unequivocal liar. He left himself no out with his tweet then doubled down with his statement. Zero nuance. Learn to be a better liar if you are going to continue to work for this team. The fans deserve a much more polished liar. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Just wait what Dan does after Gibbs passes. He will **** that up also.

As stupid as Dan is, he never makes the same mistake twice.

You can be assured, that when Coach Gibbs will sadly pass away, Dan himself will announce a year prior to the date that they will retire his number.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, clietas said:

Anyone who works for Snyder is suspect. Even Gibbs. He sweet talked Ron into taking this job. Not that Gibbs would know anything about what has been going on in Ashburn the past fifteen years. Still tho he always speaks highly of Snyder which is just incredibly unfortunate. 

Remember in 2019 after Jay was canned that it was said that Dan had a team of advisers telling him how to fix the franchise. I think there was no team, just Gibbs advising him.

Ron probably would’ve gotten some offers after being fired but I think we were only team that gave Ron what he truly wanted; power to run things. The coachcentric approach. Ron wouldn’t have gotten that elsewhere.

Dan didn’t even have anyone else; just focused on Ron. When Ron is inevitably fired in 1-2 years, you can see why.

• Sad 1

Just now, PartyPosse said:

I can’t wait til we lose 65-10 so we can go back to focusing on how awful the team is ON the field.

Oh sure, they would just love that wouldn’t they. 😂

Im sure we will get another round of emails next week. Maybe some more arrests or charges filed against trainers. Maybe they can announce Darrel Green is getting honored at a local hooters franchise 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Said a couple of days back, Ron looks ground down to me. Tough times.

I surely wouldn't want his job. Being the head coach of this particular franchise has never been easy - its been owned by some real characters (to put it mildly) with outsized egos even for the NFL - but this one in particular must be horrible to work for.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

39 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

See this is where Jason needs to step infront of the camera and take questions from reporters.  That's what team presidents are supposed to do.  Releasing statements on twitter isn't enough.  It continues to be an issue with this organization.  Like when they claimed Rueben Foster off waivers.  They knew that was going to cause a swirl.  Bruce should have called a press conference immediately and addressed it.  But hey, they sent Doug out there who's not media savvy and he makes it worse with the "small potatoes" remark.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Actually, speaking of ownership: something crosses my mind today and I wanted to know if any of you might have any insight into this.

The Expansion Seantors left town in 1971, right as the football team is on the upswing. They play at a dual-purpose stadium but it only houses a football team until they leave for Landover in 1997. I wonder if JKC played any role in keeping baseball out of Washington for as long as it was. He didn't have to share RFK with a baseball team throughout his time as majority owner, which I'm sure made the turf better to play on than the stadiums that did host both. Furthermore, the 'Skins were the only show *in town* during that era. The Caps wouldn't exist for a few years yet and the Bullets were still in Baltimore. And when they did both come to this market, they played all the way out in Landover. That really put the franchise front and center.

There had been campaigns to get baseball back in D.C. - Padres almost came from San Diego and I think there was a big push in 1987 or thereabout. I don't recall hearing JKC's name tied to any of those and I could see how keeping a team out would work to his advantage.

Anyway, just spitballin'.

4 minutes ago, drowland said:

See this is where Jason needs to step infront of the camera and take questions from reporters.  That's what team presidents are supposed to do.  Releasing statements on twitter isn't enough.  It continues to be an issue with this organization.  Like when they claimed Rueben Foster off waivers.  They knew that was going to cause a swirl.  Bruce should have called a press conference immediately and addressed it.  But hey, they sent Doug out there who's not media savvy and he makes it worse with the "small potatoes" remark.

This situation is 100% on Jason to address. If it was a Ruben Foster situation then in the current structure Mayhew would need to step in front of the mics in addition to Ron, but a retirement ceremony is 100% on Jason and 0% Ron. Yet Ron has to answer for it because Jason is not only a liar but also a coward to face questions. He was happy to plaster himself in front of every camera and mic when promoting the initial name change process.  Now he is hiding behind a hastily put together statement and in lockdown like the in over his head clown that he is. 

• Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I really don’t want to broach the topic too much but the ONLY thing I could think of was extremely ugly—some sort of weird “be thankful for what we’ve given you already” White Savior attitude. It doesn’t fully fit the phrase he used but it’s the only thing that kind of fits and would be ‘opposite’ the Rooney Rule. Either way the intention is obviously…bad. Ugly.

Yikes 😐...and yeah, that makes more sense than anything I came up with. Again, yikes.

Just now, Florgon79 said:

Nope, which is why as much as it pains me to say it, we should probably just remain WFT.

Seriously,  I'm embarrassed. Minor league baseball teams run things better than this. We are a joke. This is the lowest point for me. 43 years a fan. Watched all super bowls. This is it for me. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

They even have to taint Sean’s legacy. It’s sickening. Obviously we will have nothing but love and admiration for Sean but for a long time maybe even permanently for some we will think about how they botched this ceremony every time we see his locker at the stadium or his name in the ring of honor. It’s so disrespectful to his family and his legacy. 

• Sad 1

So, just how many emails does the NYT have, and what is the range of topics?

It looks like they're going to milk it for as many stories as possible, which is exactly what I'd do. And typically you wouldn't want to start with the worst stuff, because you want to keep the click-thru rate high even after people have gotten used to the larger story.

The question will be whether the Times or the Washington Post can get a source to deliver up more of the emails that aren't part of the Allen v. Snyder lawsuit.

I've worked for some public figure bosses, who I didn't like.  Still, my responsibility is to them not the public they serve. If I don't like it I can quit.   In my job, I am not in position to take the hit for my boss based on my role.   But I've worked with others in the same group so to speak whose more public role (like Jason's role) allows them to take a hit for their boss and have done so plenty of times.  It comes with the turf. 

So if Jason happened to take one for the team as to protecting Dan -- that IMO doesn't make him a bad guy, he's just being a professional.  Jason doesn't work for the WFT fans.  His job isn't to serve the public good.  His specific job is to help sell the WFT and just like any job he works for his boss and part of his job is pleasing him whether we like that or not. 

We don't like his boss.  We think he's sleazy.  But Jason isn't us.  We aren't signing Jason's pay check, Dan is.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, 86 Snyder said:

I genuinely think Jason is a good guy. 

I don’t know the guy at all and I don’t follow the team anymore so I haven’t seen 100s of articles about him and interviews with him like many people on the board likely have. 

But there is a line every good person eventually reaches where they can’t work with or carry the water for awful people. That’s why it’s hard to imagine good people willingly working for this team, unless they are entirely clueless. Perhaps they are just naive and think they can turn it around but eventually the man will have to decide if he wants to stay a good person or if he wants to continue being Snyder’s mouthpiece and spin machine.

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I've worked for some public figure bosses, who I didn't like.  Still, my responsibility is to them not the public they serve. If I don't like it I can quit.   In my job, I am not in position to take the hit for my boss based on my role.   But I've worked with others in the same group so to speak whose more public role (like Jason's role) allows them to take a hit for their boss and have done so plenty of times.  It comes with the turf. 

So if Jason happened to take one for the team as to protecting Dan -- that IMO doesn't make him a bad guy, he's just being a professional.  Jason doesn't work for the WFT fans.  His job isn't to serve the public good.  His specific job is to help sell the WFT and just like any job he works for his boss and part of his job is pleasing him whether we like that or not. 

We don't like his boss.  We think he's sleazy.  But Jason isn't us.  We aren't signing Jason's pay check, Dan is.  

He lied. Then he doubled down and promised he didn’t lie. He’s a piece of crap. Period. 

• Confused 1