Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz

12 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

First off, great post. 

Second, Dan's a fan and wants to win.  Think he wants to leave mad at halftime? Nope.

Dan probably wants to walk the path that AL Davis walked. Now Jerry Jones. I'd guess Dan wants to outbuild the death star. That ****s amazing. He is so freaking young too. Snyder will probably own the team another 100 years, because the way its going for the elite they'll figure that **** out. 

We like to brag about sunny smoking in the huddle or Riggins and the Hogs shed drinking, but this team took over. What a wild read.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2009/mar/01/american-football-dallas-cowboys

They were awesome with a physical WR, great TEs and FBs. Awesome defense and huge Oline. 

There's plenty of pics of Jerry with whores on line. I figure there was chocolate with the peanut butter. 

Well, thanks!

I agree, Dan wants to win.  Just has a funny way of showing it sometimes.

To your point about Al Davis and Jerry Jones, those were two guys that weren't afraid of confrontation.  They knew that confrontation was the path for them to get them to where they wanted to be.  Snyder, the coward, is afraid.  He'll never walk that path because he doesn't have what it takes.

To your point about Jerry and the blow, it wouldn't be surprising.

• Like 1

It does give me some joy to see this situation unravel even worse. Will never forget the 500 page Bruce Allen thread acting like he was the franchise’s unraveling when it was, and always will be, a Snyder problem. At least Bruce wouldn’t plan Taylor’s jersey retirement with 3 days, he actually gave a **** about the history.

This regime is helpless. Seriously god bless you for watching the rest of this miserable season. I miss at least competing for games in December. 

54 minutes ago, BudLighticke said:

Will never forget the 500 page Bruce Allen thread acting like he was the franchise’s unraveling when it was, and always will be, a Snyder problem. At least Bruce wouldn’t plan Taylor’s jersey retirement with 3 days, he actually gave a **** about the history.

The Bruce Allen thread also served as a Dan flogging thread as well.

Nobody was like “damn, Bruce Allen is some

trash but Dan is cool”.  In fact, hiring and sticking with pieces of crap like Bruce Allen, is just one item on a long list of what sucks about Dan.

But no, not for a second does Bruce get a pass.  I mean especially not this week, while the current regime is again dealing with his mess, nearly 2 years after he got fired.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Well, thanks!

I agree, Dan wants to win.  Just has a funny way of showing it sometimes.

To your point about Al Davis and Jerry Jones, those were two guys that weren't afraid of confrontation.  They knew that confrontation was the path for them to get them to where they wanted to be.  Snyder, the coward, is afraid.  He'll never walk that path because he doesn't have what it takes.

To your point about Jerry and the blow, it wouldn't be surprising.

Dan does want to win.  But on his own terms.  He needs to be involved in the process, more than just a guy signing the checks, so that he can take credit for any success.

• Like 2

Snyder’s wife is just as bad as he is. I think we all know that by now. He’s running this like the Wizard of Oz. Jason Wright is basically the Minister of Propaganda. The coaching staff appears progressively more clueless with every game. There’s little worth saving in this franchise, top-to-bottom.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, ananoman said:

Thought it was a bad move at the time to let Kyle Smith walk out the door.  Many on here kept saying that he wouldn’t even be missed.  Well it sure isn’t looking that way now.

Many did, but I think a lot of people wanted him to stick around too. But hey we got the Marty boys whoohoo!

Has this been posted anywhere?

15 hours ago, Andre The Giant said:

I hate this argument.  No one, anywhere, ever, was considering Herbert at #2.  It was never an option.  

That said, as @Wildbunnysaid, we'd have ruined him.  Or he'd be a Fed Ex turf casualty or something.  

• Like 2

New Name: Washington Dumpster Fire

"The Fire"

Can you believe Dan had the Taylor family standing in front of Porta Potty's??? You know it smelled like **** and piss.

I will say it again we have the worst marketing/PR dept of any franchise, maybe in all of sports. Maybe all time.  If not, the fall from grace dignity and respect as one of the worlds top sports teams, IS historic.

And it goes without saying that they are completely inept, as they can't even rename the damn team.

Dumpster Fire GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Edited by RandyHolt

8 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Has this been posted anywhere?

I hate this argument.  No one, anywhere, ever, was considering Herbert at #2.  It was never an option.  

That said, as @Wildbunnysaid, we'd have ruined him.  Or he'd be a Fed Ex turf casualty or something.  

This is incorrect.  Kiper said we needed to consider QB (primarily Tua) if we weren’t sure on Haskins.  Gil Brandt said Herbert might be the best QB in the class.  Jim Nagy swore by Herbert (after saying he was down on Haskins).

The team leaders get paid a ton to get these decisions right.  They obviously missed on Herbert (just like they missed on Big Ben and Aaron Rodgers).  

4 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

This is incorrect.  Kiper said we needed to consider QB (primarily Tua) if we weren’t sure on Haskins.  Gil Brandt said Herbert might be the best QB in the class.  Jim Nagy swore by Herbert (after saying he was down on Haskins).

The team leaders get paid a ton to get these decisions right.  They obviously missed on Herbert (just like they missed on Big Ben and Aaron Rodgers).  

Ok, fine...two people were high on Herbert.  

• Like 1

Herbert was considered by many the best QB of the class going into that college football season. Then Burrow exploded out of nowhere and Tua got hurt that season so he wasn’t definitive either way. But Herbert wasn’t a reach and went #6 overall anyway, so a team taking him at 2 was completely justifiable if you believed he was the best or 2nd best QB in the class, especially with Tua’s injury concerns.

It happens every year and it’s not unfair to criticize the front office for not being bold enough to take that chance when most people could see Haskins was a disaster. Herbert was viewed as the safer pick between he and Tua but came with a lower ceiling. Obviously that looks silly now but either way, I personally think taking him 2 would have been justifiable for a team desperate for a QB. Would Washington have ruined him? It is almost certain they would have. But then that’s good process bad result. It starts with good process tho. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 4

On 10/16/2021 at 6:46 AM, KDawg said:

I have no ill will towards Wright.

He’s doing what he has to for his employment and paycheck. I will never judge a man for making a living.

But… I thought he was going to be changing the culture and he’s not.

I’m not quite sure how to word this but… I didn’t lose respect for him as a man, but these recent actions have made me realize that he’s just a guy making a living and not helping to move this franchise forward. 

What's blatantly obvious to me, looking at all the media from yesterday: Jason Wright is no where to be seen. This was driven by and for Snyder. @Skinsinparadise had an excellent point about Snyder's bag of tricks, however, he as 1 left and he will milk it until we're sick of his name: Sean Taylor. Snyder will bring him up because he's all that he has left. He's someone the majority of the fanbase remembers, cherishes, and loves. The Super Bowls are old news. No one under 35-40 remembers any of them--let alone all 3. I'm 45, and I barely remember the 82 Super Bowl. I remember the stands shaking against Dallas, and 70 Chip, but that's about it. Sean Taylor has been reduced to Snyder's One-Trick Pony.

Snyder's fingerprints were all over that disaster yesterday--like they were all over that ham-handed 2007 "celebration." Name change, faces change, same ****-show organization remains and always will. Snyder isn't going anywhere. We will never see another winner in his, and likely my, lifetime. Never.

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Ok, fine...two people were high on Herbert.  

No one on this board was. Anyone saying differently is hindsight GMing. I recall a ton of love for Tagovailoa, but no one mentioned Herbert until he blew up.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

@Riggo#44 what was the 2007 celebration? 

My bad, it was in 2008 when they added his name to the ring of honor. George Michael ad-libbed a speech. They handed the mic to Taylor's dad clearly unprepared. It was slapped together worse that it was yesterday. I think it was the Giants game that year where we totally laid an egg.

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Herbert was considered by many the best QB of the class going into that college football season. Then Burrow exploded out of nowhere and Tua got hurt that season so he wasn’t definitive either way. But Herbert wasn’t a reach and went #6 overall anyway, so a team taking him at 2 was completely justifiable if you believed he was the best or 2nd best QB in the class, especially with Tua’s injury concerns.

It happens every year and it’s not unfair to criticize the front office for not being bold enough to take that chance when most people could see Haskins was a disaster. Herbert was viewed as the safer pick between he and Tua but came with a lower ceiling. Obviously that looks silly now but either way, I personally think taking him 2 would have been justifiable for a team desperate for a QB. Would Washington have ruined him? It is almost certain they would have. But then that’s good process bad result. It starts with good process tho. 

If they can get Heinicke to play well here and there, an undrafted FA, and be one of the first to adapt the RO/college defense to the pros to make Cam Newton work -- i think they'd have been fine with Herbert.   Herbert wasn't going to anyplace special, his HC was fired after his rookie season.  Yeah Dan can ruin anything.  But if we think about it the only glimpses of success we've had was with the occasional good QB play -- 2015-2016, the first half of 2018 before the injury.  The only time IMO we had great QB play in 2012 was ironically the only magical year under Dan.

I am as down on Dan as anyone. But the one thing that might bring success here is finally finding that elusive franchise QB.  Easier said than done.   I think the process of finding that dude is much tougher than developing that QB.  Guys like Jim Nagy who had Herbert for a week during the senior bowl said he knew then he'd be the right guy because his makeup was special. 

While no one here was a Herbert guy.  According to Keim, Marty Hurney was a big Herbert guy when he was in Carolina.  Lets hope that's true because if so hopefully those instincts carry over to this off season.   

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

My bad, it was in 2008 when they added his name to the ring of honor. George Michael ad-libbed a speech. They handed the mic to Taylor's dad clearly unprepared. It was slapped together worse that it was yesterday. I think it was the Giants game that year where we totally laid an egg.

Ohh yeah. That was the game that occurred on the 1 year anniversary of his death. Also a very rainy cold day (thanksgiving weekend i think). 

• Like 1

Seems like it's now dawning on the fanbase how badly Ron Rivera ****ed up the beginning of his rebuild, and the crashing expectations are causing a lot of despair.

It happened earlier for me, and what I've been wrestling with since is the question "can this rebuild be salvaged and become successful eventually?"  Rivera made some pretty drastic teambuilding and hiring mistakes, and he has a record that's pretty mediocre outside of one phenomenal year.  And he was absolutely given far too much power at the start.  But he also commands the respect of his colleagues and players and he's been willingly collaborative, which is an essential quality in a head coach who was granted far too much power upon getting hired.

If I were the owner, I think I would set year one aside and pretend like this season is the first of the rebuild and manage my expectations according to that time frame.  But I would absolutely also make Rivera overhaul his coaching staffs, and I would overhaul our pro-player scouting staff and process since they just produced a horrible free agency class.  I would also tell him to pick his next QB carefully and plan on sticking with him, because if he doesn't work out, then his ass is gone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

This organization had already drafted Dwayne Haskins in that draft with Herbert and Chase.....they were not going for a QB.  Picking Chase at #2 made the most sense at the time, but had we not drafted Haskins....Herbert should have been our choice.  

47 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Ohh yeah. That was the game that occurred on the 1 year anniversary of his death. Also a very rainy cold day (thanksgiving weekend i think). 

It was also the last time I set foot in FedEx.

6 minutes ago, srtman04 said:

This organization had already drafted Dwayne Haskins in that draft with Herbert and Chase.....they were not going for a QB.  Picking Chase at #2 made the most sense at the time, but had we not drafted Haskins....Herbert should have been our choice.  

Except it would  have been Tagovailoa. 

• Jumbo locked this topic
  • Jumbo unlocked this topic