Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

this organization is about as dead to be as it has ever been. w/ all the bad PR bs year after year, the name change, snyder, numerous qb's changes, crappy coaches, bruce, vinny and so on, I just don't care anymore.  I watch the games and I never scream and yell anymore. Sometimes I take a nap cause I'm bored. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I remember from other posts in the past you don't like Jason Wright.   To each their own.  

Because I’m ahead of the curve and a quicker judge of character than some apparently. The longer this goes on the more apparent it will become to everyone. The dude is a fraud. Just like Zorn before him and Vinny before that. He’s in that group of incompetent frauds. He is not Bruce level because Bruce played the game at the next level for a while. Jason is amateur hour. 

16 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Because I’m ahead of the curve and a quicker judge of character than some apparently. The longer this goes on the more apparent it will become to everyone. The dude is a fraud. Just like Zorn before him and Vinny before that. He’s in that group of incompetent frauds. He is not Bruce level because Bruce played the game at the next level for a while. Jason is amateur hour. 

I trashed Bruce for a long long time and took heat for it.   Ditto Vinny.  I also was one of the first people to slam Zorn -- I don't think he was a bad person but a bad coach.  But who gives a rats behind.  Every situation is different. 

As for Jason Wright, he doesn't strike me as a bad person.   Coming from the dude who posted a lot of the back and forth info on this thread about this situation and who listened to talk radio all day and wrote about it here, its not hard to see there is a bit of ambiguity on who knows what here.   For example I listened to that interview with Sean Taylor's brother.  In it he said his dad knew awhile ago about the event but he wasn't informed by his dad until recently. 

I threw the theory aggressively here that the jersey retirement was a last minute thing.  So naturally I think its a possibility.  But I don't know that for sure.  If it is true, we don't know who really is to blame.  We can just guess it.   So for me I am blaming the dude who has rolled like this for 20 years, and that dude is Dan Snyder.   It's vintage Dan.

But yeah if I didn't like Jason Wright, I would blame him because I'd be predisposed to think the worst of him.  I get that's your take.  That's your opinion and fair.  But for me I started the day with no angst about Jason Wright.  My angst is squarely on Dan.   

Edited by Skinsinparadise

Ladies and gentlemen....and jumbo (just kidding), we might as well accept that this is the norm with our beloved franchise. We have a bona-fide idiot running the show and there is absolutely 0 we can do about it.

I'm all for the number of the late great Sean Taylor being retired (even if I believe there are players that are more deserving at this point). However, did any of you really believe mini napoleon wouldn't find a way to **** this up?

As far as pinning jason wright for this debacle, I just can't do it. He works for that pin headed moron. Therefore, he's basically is ****ed on telling us the truth. He has to sit there like a good soldier and take it for the team to collect his paycheck and not get sued by the court happy **** face (and at this point, give that sum beach a helmet cause he certainly is giving more than the current crop of players we're marching out on the field on Sundays...he'll, he'd be a ****ing all pro within a couple of weeks).

Truth is (and I'm stating the ****ing obvious here), Snyder’s sorry ass will continue to **** **** up as long as he is in control of this franchise.  I grew up watching this team and enjoyed the glory years. Now, it's all I can do to apologize to my son for making him a fan of this dumpster 🔥

Let's face it, people, the team we love is gone and all that remains is that little piece of **** that continues to stoop to new lows all the while trying to sell us the idea that this is the same redskins. 

God bless Rivera for attempting any semblance of a well run, high cultural organization that is the league's (let alone in all of sports) **** stain. I'm proud of him for even trying and all the while fighting the big C. Don't know that I would have the stomach to attempt that. Problem is, if the cancer didn't get him (thank Christ for that), the heart attack Snyder will inflict will.

I'll always love this team, as I'm sure the majority of you do as well. But I simply just don't give a **** anymore. It's why I don't get pissed anymore when we lose (and trust me, in the past I would be the worst  to be around when we did). It just doesn't phase me anymore.  And that's the sad reality of the state of this franchise with this bumbling turd. Until he (and at this point tanya too) are banished from the NFL and more importantly,  our beloved Redskins,  we are doomed to this hell for eternity. 

*sigh*

HTTR!

• Like 2

So far the only thing I’m understand from all I’ve heard is that the Taylor family knew they were honoring him with the road rededication but the jersey retirement is new.

Regardless… WFT was going to announce it Monday. Thank God! Would have given the fanbase DOUBLE the time.

You don’t announce Taylor’s jersey retirement in that time frame. 

• Like 4

Dan Snyder hijacked our beloved franchise and completely ran it into the ground.  Everyone he hires is a yes man who gets paid to basically keep the focus off of Snyder’s complete and utter ineptitude and pluck at the core fanbase’s heart strings.  It’s so wildly blatant that I am shocked and saddened that so many hardcore fans just don’t want to believe the truth.  Dan Snyder never gave a damn about the fans.  He thinks you are all stupid and beneath him.  He’s a snake.  He’s a liar.  He doesn’t care about you other than to use your fandom to line his pockets even if he truly doesn’t care about doing anything the right way.  He’s the most incompetent owner in sports & he takes great pride in continuing to profit heavily even with a rag tag organization.  The Washington Football Team with generic ass uniforms.  Man, he’s good!  You’re waiting for this new branding reveal LOL It’s going to end so so bad & it’s obvious!  I don’t love this **** that we have been left with.  RIP Redskins.  That was another life.  No longer can I be a fan of this **** show & neither should you.

Edited by -JB-
  • Like 3

I was a big fan of Jason Wright, but that has all changed in the last 48 hrs.

I now realise that when he talks, it's just Snyder's words that are coming out of his mouth. I don't hate the guy, because I understand that he's just doing his job, but I don't trust him anymore.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Florgon79 said:

Oh sure, they would just love that wouldn’t they. 😂

Im sure we will get another round of emails next week. Maybe some more arrests or charges filed against trainers. Maybe they can announce Darrel Green is getting honored at a local hooters franchise 

Woah! Maybe this is all being done to help distract us from the awful product on the field! Dan is a martyr!

27 minutes ago, London Kev said:

I now realise that when he talks, it's just Snyder's words that are coming out of his mouth. I don't hate the guy, because I understand that he's just doing his job, but I don't trust him anymore.

And here we are however long after all this retirement stuff... Wait...emails stuff... No...DEA raid stuff happened, and the only think most folks agree on is that we don't know the truth on anything. We also mostly agree that all the reasons/excuses are anything but the truth. 

giphy.gif

• Thanks 1

Jason only came to Dan because the nfl imposed him on Dan. 

The nfl is monitoring Dan for 2 years right? When that ends, I expect Jason will be given the boot or resign. If Dan has moved on from Ron by then; I fully expect the next interation of Bruce/Vinny to be running things.  Probably another Jay type coach.

Rinse and repeat.

For you younger fans; I suggest you find another team to root for. If you live in the DC area; you already have a consistent winning nfl team just up 95. The Ravens.

Dan Synder will be owning this team for the next 30 years. He will never have a consistent winning team team.  At best, each coach hire will have one quick playoff appearance and that will be it. Dan will never hold a Lombardi trophy that his team had earned.

For the younger fans; you can find some better team. 

I will say that we already have reached the peak of the Rivera era; last year playoff appearance with a losing record. Ron will not see the playoffs again and will meet the usual end of Synder’s coaches sans Gibbs.

Edited by Rdskns2000
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Get yer popcorn ready. This one’s a doozy. 

Drama Popcorn GIF

A Conspiracy of Whiteness: Did an ESPN Insider's Email Inadvertently Reveal How the NFL Blackballed Colin Kaepernick?

In October 2017, after Donald Trump suggested protesting players should be fired, the NFL owners met in New York to decide how to handle the situation. During the meeting, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones and Washington team owner Daniel Snyder “got angry with 49ers owner Jed York, one of the rare team owners to support the players’ protests, for not disciplining former San Francisco quarterback Colin Kaepernick when he started the movement,” the Washingtonian reports. As Jones gave an impassioned speech explaining why the league should take a stand against the demonstrations, Snyder reportedly mumbled out loud: “See, Jones gets it — 96 percent of Americans are for guys standing.”

What the hell? Even the owners didn’t know where Snyder found that made-up statistic. No poll has ever said that. In fact, a poll released a few days earlier showed that most Americans thought the protests were appropriate. Yet, for some reason, the narrative that the vast majority of people disliked the Kaepernick protests persists. Seven NFL executives even admitted to Bleacher Report’s Mike Freeman that they considered Kaepernick a traitor and that “90 to 95 percent of NFL front offices felt the same way they did.”

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

5 hours ago, thebluefood said:

Actually, speaking of ownership: something crosses my mind today and I wanted to know if any of you might have any insight into this.

The Expansion Seantors left town in 1971, right as the football team is on the upswing. They play at a dual-purpose stadium but it only houses a football team until they leave for Landover in 1997. I wonder if JKC played any role in keeping baseball out of Washington for as long as it was. He didn't have to share RFK with a baseball team throughout his time as majority owner, which I'm sure made the turf better to play on than the stadiums that did host both. Furthermore, the 'Skins were the only show *in town* during that era. The Caps wouldn't exist for a few years yet and the Bullets were still in Baltimore. And when they did both come to this market, they played all the way out in Landover. That really put the franchise front and center.

There had been campaigns to get baseball back in D.C. - Padres almost came from San Diego and I think there was a big push in 1987 or thereabout. I don't recall hearing JKC's name tied to any of those and I could see how keeping a team out would work to his advantage.

Anyway, just spitballin'.

It’s a fun theory. But baseball viewed DC as a dangerous city they had rejected the sport twice until the 90s. At that point, The Orioles believed it was their market.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, London Kev said:

Very well said here...couldn't agree more...we are all ****ed as fans as long as snyder owns the team.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, KDawg said:

So far the only thing I’m understand from all I’ve heard is that the Taylor family knew they were honoring him with the road rededication but the jersey retirement is new.

Regardless… WFT was going to announce it Monday. Thank God! Would have given the fanbase DOUBLE the time.

You don’t announce Taylor’s jersey retirement in that time frame. 

Dude they have done videos for nearly every week. If it was planned in advance they would have had a coordinated social media blitz. It’s pathetic.

The Park, the Park, the Park is on fire
(We don't need no water, let the mother****er burn)
(Burn, mother****er, burn)
The Park, the Park, the Park is on fire
(We don't need no water, let the mother****er burn)
(Burn, mother****er, burn)
The Park, the Park, the Park is on fire
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Very well said here...couldn't agree more...we are all ****ed as fans as long as snyder owns the team.

If Jason Wright had integrity he would quit rather than blatantly lie. That’s the unforgivable part. A nuanced vague explanation would have been uncomfortable but perhaps not career ending. When you outright lie and double down on the lie with your personal credibility it’s game over and no coming back from it. His whole brand he has tried to cultivate is based on transparency and honesty. It’s over for him. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

If Jason Wright had integrity he would quit rather than blatantly lie. That’s the unforgivable part. A nuanced vague explanation would have been uncomfortable but perhaps not career ending. When you outright lie and double down on the lie with your personal credibility it’s game over and no coming back from it. His whole brand he has tried to cultivate is based on transparency and honesty. It’s over for him. 

What a shame...

• Like 1

I didn't really have much of an opinion on Jason Wright one way or another.  Although I will say it's easy to be fooled by a guy who'd good looking, well dressed and affable.  Those three checkboxes are a good start for any con-man who's trying to sell you on something.  A lot of sales are made when you like the person you're dealing with, especially if the product - like this one - is ****ty.  It's easier to swallow whatever the **** the WFT is selling when a guy like Jason Wright is the pitch man.  

Wright is all of those things, but that doesn't mean that Snyder's arm isn't all the way up Wright's ass, all the way up to his shoulder.  Wright has proven himself to be nothing more than a puppet.  Same with Julie Donaldson.

Wright and Donaldson both had great careers before this and were successful on their own merits before taking their current positions, so this isn't a slam on them.  But in a time where the Redskins were going through bad publicity (which is pretty routine, nothing new there) and they needed to appear to be sensitive to race and gender issues, they went out and made hires that would try to make them look that way.  It was obvious and transparent, let's all take a second to remember that these hires were made under duress.  

If left to his own devices, does Snyder make these hires if his feet aren't being held to the fire?  You've got Bruce Allen making snide comments about the Rooney Rule on email, you can't tell me that Snyder, who kept Allen as his lapdog for several years, doesn't feel the same way.  You can't tell me that Snyder, who's employed Vinny Cerrato and Bruce Allen, two out of touch idiots and assholes, would suddenly buck the trend and hire a guy like Jason Wright if he wasn't feeling pressure from the outside.  All of a sudden there was a desire from Snyder and the WFT organization to be forward thinking and diverse.  

I repeat, that's not a slam on Wright and Donaldson.  They're both intelligent people who were able to stand on their own two feet before taking on their current roles.  

What IS a slam on Wright and Donaldson is that they're just the latest puppets that Snyder is using and will cast aside when they're no longer of use to him.  Jason Wright had to fall on the sword this week, Julie Donaldson impaled herself right after Wright did.  

I genuinely believe both of them took these roles figuring that they could make a change in this organization.  Again, I think they're both smart, capable people.  And who wouldn't want to take their respective positions?  Good for them, they both believe in their skills enough to think that they could make a change.  It was a noble effort.

Snyder's dark, evil aura wielded Sean Taylor's spirit against a fanbase this week.  It wielded Sean Taylor's spirit against us and Wright and Donaldson are casualties that were caught in the crossfire.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I didn't really have much of an opinion on Jason Wright one way or another.  Although I will say it's easy to be fooled by a guy who'd good looking, well dressed and affable.  Those three checkboxes are a good start for any con-man who's trying to sell you on something.  A lot of sales are made when you like the person you're dealing with, especially if the product - like this one - is ****ty.  It's easier to swallow whatever the **** the WFT is selling when a guy like Jason Wright is the pitch man.  

Wright is all of those things, but that doesn't mean that Snyder's arm isn't all the way up Wright's ass, all the way up to his shoulder.  Wright has proven himself to be nothing more than a puppet.  Same with Julie Donaldson.

Wright and Donaldson both had great careers before this and were successful on their own merits before taking their current positions, so this isn't a slam on them.  But in a time where the Redskins were going through bad publicity (which is pretty routine, nothing new there) and they needed to appear to be sensitive to race and gender issues, they went out and made hires that would try to make them look that way.  It was obvious and transparent, let's all take a second to remember that these hires were made under duress.  

If left to his own devices, does Snyder make these hires if his feet aren't being held to the fire?  You've got Bruce Allen making snide comments about the Rooney Rule on email, you can't tell me that Snyder, who kept Allen as his lapdog for several years, doesn't feel the same way.  You can't tell me that Snyder, who's employed Vinny Cerrato and Bruce Allen, two out of touch idiots and assholes, would suddenly buck the trend and hire a guy like Jason Wright if he wasn't feeling pressure from the outside.  All of a sudden there was a desire from Snyder and the WFT organization to be forward thinking and diverse.  

I repeat, that's not a slam on Wright and Donaldson.  They're both intelligent people who were able to stand on their own two feet before taking on their current roles.  

What IS a slam on Wright and Donaldson is that they're just the latest puppets that Snyder is using and will cast aside when they're no longer of use to him.  Jason Wright had to fall on the sword this week, Julie Donaldson impaled herself right after Wright did.  

I genuinely believe both of them took these roles figuring that they could make a change in this organization.  Again, I think they're both smart, capable people.  And who wouldn't want to take their respective positions?  Good for them, they both believe in their skills enough to think that they could make a change.  It was a noble effort.

Snyder's dark, evil aura wielded Sean Taylor's spirit against a fanbase this week.  It wielded Sean Taylor's spirit against us and Wright and Donaldson are casualties that were caught in the crossfire.  

My take away from all of this is we are underestimating Dan. He’s not a buffoon. He’s a calculating sociopath able to lure in just about anyone he sets his eyes on and it ultimately never sticks to him when it all blows up time after time. The dude has better survival skills than Rasputin. His sales skills are obviously superior to Jason Wright’s and he doesn’t have the cheekbones to help drive the sale and he makes the sales to a much more discerning clientele. 

The dude sucks in some of the best people in the business despite his history. These aren’t suckers he has brought in from Gibbs to Shanahan, Rivera etc. It’s actually really impressive in some ways.  Not ways that are good as a  Redskins fan, but maybe for like a person studying sociopaths or mass murder type figures. We are stuck with the dude and we aren’t leaving because we would have already left and he knows it. So it really doesn’t matter what he does now. The worst is behind him and he can only get stronger from the time he bought out his minority partners unfortunately. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Anyone else having a hard time getting the embedded tweets to load on the board lately? Very annoying, they go in and out for me. 

Maybe clearing your cookies and DNS cache will solve the problem

5 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

He's just another tool (fuse) for Snyder to fit the minority rule. I wish the alphas and omegas of our societies would be competence and merit, no matter the gender and the skin color. Equal chances to be promoted, no discrimination whatsoever. Snyder is  heartless, egotistical, and arrogant. After a couple of decades he still didn't get it and won't going forward, this is his the nature of the beast.

“Every year that I was there, we had a pretty good draft class, with a couple exceptions,” Gruden said. “[Smith] was really good about listening to the coaches because the coaches also did evaluations. . . . When it came our time to pick, we’d always talk about the picks, where we’d like to go, what happens if [the player] is gone, and did all our scenarios. And then [owner Daniel Snyder] would come in off his yacht and make the pick.” Link

Edited by FrFan