Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

We are now seeing why the minority owners want to sell and get out, and it has been obvious for many years that Snyder was a POS.  Just listening to local contractors over the years that did business with him at his property tells you what type of person he is.  I have said it many times, he is the common denominator for the last twenty years of failure.

I just don't see enough so far for the owners to vote to kick him out.  I think they need a slam dunk case so they don't create a precedent that they themselves can get booted.  Also, what Irsay and Kraft did were incidents that had nothing to do with the team.  Not saying it was right, but what has happened under Snyder, to me, is far far worse.

The Wash Po has had it in for Snyder for many years.  We used to talk about it on this site years ago.  However, that does not change the fact that what they printed isn't true.  I mean, just look at Larry Michael.  Guy has "create private sexist video" written all over him.  And the fact that Snyder now has Julie and Jason to cover him is kind of sad.  I feel for them as they seem like good people caught in a bad situation.

It is just plain sad as a fan that all you want to do is root for the team to win, but have an owner with no moral values, no leadership ability and love of money first and team second.  And, I bet Allen covered this up for years.  Add him to the POS list.

And Rocky21, I feel for you.  People were blinded by their love of the team, ignoring the actions of the owner.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

22 minutes ago, Fred Jones said:

he is the common denominator for the last twenty years of failure.

I agree.  He doesn't have Bruce or Vinny here to take the arrows anymore.

My problem with blaming Bruce for everything was that it was just as bad before he got here.  The last year of Zorn / Vinny (2009) might have been the worst of all.

I think Snyder's made some really strong hires this year.  The concern is that he's still here.  My hope has been that maybe he'd get out of the way and let people do their job, but his statement yesterday about becoming more involved is concerning.

He's obviously struggled with how to treat people, particularly women.  I'm not sure if there's enough there for the other owners to remove him, but it's hard to get too excited about the team's progress as long as he remains.

Edited by Andre The Giant

What's interesting about both of the stories is that prior to their publishing, about a week, there were articles written (one in the Post and one in the New York Times) about how the owners wanted to sell or how they were trying to force Dan out. It seems to me, the minority owners get contacted about a major Washington Post story, probably to comment on it. The team is obviously aware despite saying otherwise. Their awareness is also mentioned in the second article. I would suspect the next time a major story is about to drop, there will be another story about the owners trying to force Dan out or are trying to sell the team. I wish they could!

Second, what did the league or press have on Jerry Richardson when he had to sell the team? I can't remember. 

46 minutes ago, Rocky21 said:

I know it will never happen but I feel like there are a lot of people who if they are honest with themselves owe people like myself an apology.  Snyder is a terrible owner.  If you thought he wasn’t or criticized those who recognized this previously you were wrong.    

I think with time opinions evolve as well.  10+ years ago, I didn't think Snyder was all that bad.  I thought a lot of the vitriol spewed his way felt like piling on due to losing.  I even had a personal account from someone whose father worked for him, and even stored that away in the sour grapes file.  Fandom does that to people.  That said, many of us grow older and wiser. As the evidence piles up, I just don't see how anyone can still pretend this guy is a good owner, who has just trusted the wrong people, or did the right thing it just didn't work out, or whatever other excuses we tend to see from the few who still defend him.  There is now a mountain of evidence, of different varieties, that when you put it all together - it makes one a fool to suggest anything other than this dude is in way over his head and the trail of losing and bad deeds lead directly back to him.

14 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

My problem with blaming Bruce for everything was that it was just as bad before he got here. 

I don't think anyone blamed Bruce for literally everything.  Dan hired Bruce after all.  That said, Bruce and Dan appeared to be two peas in a pod.  Out of their element, detached from reality, and just all around slimy people.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Deep Throat was also an "anonymous source".  

And one of these "anonymous sources" seems to have actually provided the videos, which was the whole point of their participation in the story. So if the videos exist and they provided them, that's far better than just having some "anonymous source" talking about them. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rocky21 said:

Well if you defended Snyder, you were wrong.  Snyder is a horrible owner.  And he always has been.  To all of those that said Oh he’s changed.  You were wrong.

I was a "defender" in the first few years, but I started really changing after Marty was canned. I can't believe how I used to defend the guy during the first couple years of his ownership. Even defended the "pay to watch practice" deal. What can I say, that intense level of fandom blinded me. I miss having that intense level of fandom, man. I miss it so much. Snyder has absolutely doused that fire for me. The only way I could get ever hope to get it back at this point is for new ownership to take over. Each year this guy owns the team, my interest just drops more and more. I don't even know if I can do it at all this year, I really don't. If ever again. Eventually, you just can't cheer for something owned by someone who's this much at odds with your own value system. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Well, at least he said he takes responsibility for the culture before blasting the Post.

Im honestly conflicted.  Dan is a horrible owner.  And the Post has turned into a rather deplorable “newspaper.” 

I hate both.  I kindof wish there could be mutual destruction at the hands of the other.  

For now I’m going to wait and see what the NFL does.

no.  it hasn't.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

@Rocky21  I admit i was a Snyder defender back in my teenage days when i was young and stupid (but in my defense, i HAVE met him and spent time with him and his family on multiple occasions, which, yes, blinded me). However, as I’ve grown up, I’ve learned it’s definitely possible to separate my opinion that he’s been nice to me over the years (even offered me an internship for two summers) from my opinion of him as the owner of the team and the stuff he’s done wrong. 

that’s not me saying “sorry” though, people are going to have different opinions and that’s ok. Nobody has to “apologize” for having a different (in this case, unpopular) opinion. 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993

On 8/26/2020 at 12:11 PM, Dissident2 said:

People I've sent the link to said it was free. I got it early and it did ask for a subscription, but it was $1 for four weeks, and I can cancel any time. But others have told me it's free, so I don't know. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/08/26/redskins-cheerleaders-video-daniel-snyder-washington/?arc404=true

You get to read two or three articles for free per month. Pay up the measley pittance they ask to read more. 

• Like 2

I think that there's a lot of recency bias when it comes to Snyder. There is no way to say whether hiring Ron Rivera is going to work out in the fortune of the team. In fact, he's likely going to fail in the same way that Gibbs failed, Shanahan failed and any of the other coaches that people have hoped upon first glance to be a good hire. So, to say that Snyder has made good moves as of late completely dismisses his history of making terrible decisions and then omits the fact that the current "good" moves haven't had time to flame out yet.

1 hour ago, Dissident2 said:

I was a "defender" in the first few years, but I started really changing after Marty was canned. I can't believe how I used to defend the guy during the first couple years of his ownership. Even defended the "pay to watch practice" deal. What can I say, that intense level of fandom blinded me. I miss having that intense level of fandom, man. I miss it so much. Snyder has absolutely doused that fire for me. The only way I could get ever hope to get it back at this point is for new ownership to take over. Each year this guy owns the team, my interest just drops more and more. I don't even know if I can do it at all this year, I really don't. If ever again. Eventually, you just can't cheer for something owned by someone who's this much at odds with your own value system. 

Hey it takes a real man ( assuming you're a guy 🙂 ) to admit when he's wrong.

The only way I can look it this is I was a fan of the team before he took stewardship of the franchise and I swear that I will be a fan when he's sent packing.     

I won't let him take that from me.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I hope she's right.

I hope she's right also. I wouldn't believe it though. Sally has been a part-timer for a while. I heard her on the radio today referring to the main article by the other reporters was "ours" which bothered me. She wrote an opinion piece from a few states away based on the hard work of Liz Clarke & her peers.

23 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

I hope she's right also. I wouldn't believe it though. Sally has been a part-timer for a while. I heard her on the radio today referring to the main article by the other reporters was "ours" which bothered me. She wrote an opinion piece from a few states away based on the hard work of Liz Clarke & her peers.

Sally Jenkins wrote the lie filled biography of Lance Armstrong. She has zero credibility as a journalist and writer. She was the paid shill  and apologist of a cheater and that's all she will ever be.

• Like 1

The Post isn't any better or worse than media in other cities when it comes to the local teams. Everywhere, the media is rah-rah when a team wins a lot and perpetual critics when they don't.

If the Snyderskins had added new Lombardi Trophies to the lobby in Ashburn, the Posties would make goo-goo eyes at Snyder no matter what he did.

As a loser, he's a target regardless of anything else. The fact that he behaves like a loathsome toad just makes for a more target-rich environment.

Attorneys for former Washington NFL employees demand league investigate on its own - 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/08/27/attorneys-former-washington-nfl-employees-demand-league-investigate-its-own/

Lawyers who represent more than a dozen former Washington Football Team employees who allege they were sexually harassed or exploited by male colleagues have called on NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell to launch the league’s own investigation into the claims and to suspend owner Daniel Snyder pending the outcome of its probe.

In a three-page letter that was transmitted to Goodell on Thursday, Lisa J. Banks and Debra S. Katz also called on Goodell to commit to removing Snyder as majority owner if its own investigation substantiates claims former employees made in a report published Wednesday in The Washington Post.

Full article from link above 

Edited by @SkinsGoldPants
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Dissident2 said:

And one of these "anonymous sources" seems to have actually provided the videos, which was the whole point of their participation in the story. So if the videos exist and they provided them, that's far better than just having some "anonymous source" talking about them. 

Very true.  But my point was dismissing a source simply because the source chooses to protect them self by being anonymous is ridiculous. Much information over the years of journalism was captured by anonymous sources.  That's why journalists are avid about not revealing their sources.  

• Like 2

Yes, the post has an agenda and yes, I'm sure the minority owners probably do as well...

... but my God, man, Snyder has been a dumpster fire from day one. You suck at something for 25 plus years, keep finding new lows, you lose all benefit of the doubt. Seriously, if he bought the team to actively destroy it, he couldn't have done any better than he has done as a supposed passionate lifelong fan.

• Like 3

The NFL won't touch this with a 10 foot pole.  They'll slap Snyder on the wrist and that'll be it.

Everyone here wants this to be the thing that gets Snyder kicked out by the league.  And what I'm saying here isn't a defense of Dan Snyder, so no one should read it as such.  I want him gone, too.

I said it before, I'll say it again here.  If the NFL investigates this and it turns out to be something that can kick Snyder out, then all of a sudden all of the other NFL owners are opening themselves up to be taken down for the same things.  It's ****ty that this happens in the WFT front office, I'm assuming it's happened elsewhere, too.  I mean, Woody Johnson, the Jets owner was under investigation for racist and sexist comments while being an ambassador to the UK.  He's being investigated by the State Department and nothing is happening to his prospects as an NFL owner.  One could argue that his comments came in the capacity of being an ambassador and not at an NFL function or a Jets function...but Woody Johnson represents the league wherever he goes.  He's known as the Jets owner.

So there's a prime time example of an NFL owner who was recently investigated by the federal government and...nothing from the NFL.   And you expect a nip slip compilation video and asking a cheerleader to go to a friends hotel room to be what drives Dan Snyder from the NFL?

The problem here isn't just Dan Snyder, the problem here is the NFL and the boys club owners group.  I believe that they don't like Dan Snyder, but what they would like even less is to have women who have experienced sexual harassment in the workplace speak up and target them if Snyder was to get kicked out of the league because of this.  The NFL and the owners are going to intentionally dismiss this behavior through public statements and "investigations" that will quietly go away.  The last thing any boys club owner wants is a woman speaking up because she was harassed and it jeopardizes his stake as an owner of an NFL team. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SoCalSkins said:

Sally Jenkins wrote the lie filled biography of Lance Armstrong. She has zero credibility as a journalist and writer. She was the paid shill  and apologist of a cheater and that's all she will ever be.

The entire world was bamboozled by Armstrong and things were kept quiet. Are you suggesting she knew?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, redskinss said:

The news too often now uses the article to shape the readers opinions sometimes using facts and sometimes bending the truth so that the reader comes to the conclusion that the writer desires.

A perfect example was how the narrative of redskins being bloody scalps was used, they mixed in some facts and some outright lies but they definitely had an agenda and would stop at Nothing to make sure you came to the conclusion that they wanted you to, and that included making sure they never referenced any of the facts that would oppose their narrative. 

This is the agenda driven media that both sides of the political spectrum use and im just tired of it.

I agree with a lot of what you said in regards to the media--there is far too much opinion-passed-as-fact in journalism (I call it Feinsteining). I posted the other day I usually reserve judgment in politically/emotionally-charged stories for the rest of the story to come out.

However there is a huge difference between Mike Wise's half-facts soap box, bully pulpit approach to the name and what the post reported yesterday. The Post had names, on the record, physical evidence, and decades of **** this organization has fostered. Will Hobson was on the Junkies this morning talking about their approach. He said they had to convince Burke (the video producer, I think that's his name) to go on the record to add to the credibility. This is the rest of the story, and if there's a part III, I think Snyder is sunk. I think he'll get a slap on the wrist and maybe a suspension. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

The NFL won't touch this with a 10 foot pole.  They'll slap Snyder on the wrist and that'll be it.

Everyone here wants this to be the thing that gets Snyder kicked out by the league.  And what I'm saying here isn't a defense of Dan Snyder, so no one should read it as such.  I want him gone, too.

I said it before, I'll say it again here.  If the NFL investigates this and it turns out to be something that can kick Snyder out, then all of a sudden all of the other NFL owners are opening themselves up to be taken down for the same things.  It's ****ty that this happens in the WFT front office, I'm assuming it's happened elsewhere, too.  I mean, Woody Johnson, the Jets owner was under investigation for racist and sexist comments while being an ambassador to the UK.  He's being investigated by the State Department and nothing is happening to his prospects as an NFL owner.  One could argue that his comments came in the capacity of being an ambassador and not at an NFL function or a Jets function...but Woody Johnson represents the league wherever he goes.  He's known as the Jets owner.

So there's a prime time example of an NFL owner who was recently investigated by the federal government and...nothing from the NFL.   And you expect a nip slip compilation video and asking a cheerleader to go to a friends hotel room to be what drives Dan Snyder from the NFL?

The problem here isn't just Dan Snyder, the problem here is the NFL and the boys club owners group.  I believe that they don't like Dan Snyder, but what they would like even less is to have women who have experienced sexual harassment in the workplace speak up and target them if Snyder was to get kicked out of the league because of this.  The NFL and the owners are going to intentionally dismiss this behavior through public statements and "investigations" that will quietly go away.  The last thing any boys club owner wants is a woman speaking up because she was harassed and it jeopardizes his stake as an owner of an NFL team. 

Very much agree with everything here,so completely true..

So now the two attorneys for some of the women write to the Commissioner to put heat on him and to get him to discuss with the owners.  This issue will be here for

several more months and maybe even for an entire year.  Who knows what the final outcome will be.  Will The Danny be able to buy off some of these employees

in exchange for their future silence?  He cannot keep the Washington Post and defense attorneys silent.  The other partners can see their investment in the Redskins

going down day by day.  They must be mad beyond just furious.

This isn't going to go away. Carrot Top (Roger Goodell) will have a hard time explaining if he ignores these lawyers:

Attorneys call for Dan Snyder to be suspended, NFL to launch investigation

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/aug/27/attorneys-call-dan-snyder-be-suspended-nfl-launch-/

In a letter to NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, attorneys Lisa J. Banks and Debra Katz said Snyder “has been permitted to lead an organization that has been permeated with misogyny, sexual harassment and routine abuse of female employees with impunity.” The attorneys said their clients were subjected to sexual harassment, sexism and abuse at the “highest levels of the organization, including by owner Dan Snyder.”

Banks and Katz called on the league to launch a separate investigation from the one being conducted by attorney Beth Wilkinson. And they want Snyder suspended pending the outcome

Banks and Katz said their clients “do not feel safe” in speaking to investigators hired by Snyder, adding that the clients don’t trust the current investigation. They called on the NFL to also direct Snyder from taking legal action against anyone willing to come forward and for the team to release anyone subjected to a non-disclosure agreement.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

This isn't going to go away. Carrot Top (Roger Goodell) will have a hard time explaining if he ignores these lawyers:

Attorneys call for Dan Snyder to be suspended, NFL to launch investigation

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/aug/27/attorneys-call-dan-snyder-be-suspended-nfl-launch-/

In a letter to NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, attorneys Lisa J. Banks and Debra Katz said Snyder “has been permitted to lead an organization that has been permeated with misogyny, sexual harassment and routine abuse of female employees with impunity.” The attorneys said their clients were subjected to sexual harassment, sexism and abuse at the “highest levels of the organization, including by owner Dan Snyder.”

Banks and Katz called on the league to launch a separate investigation from the one being conducted by attorney Beth Wilkinson. And they want Snyder suspended pending the outcome. 

“If the league values women, its product, and its fans, it must send a clear message that it will not tolerate this pervasive sexual harassment and exploitation. Words alone are not enough. If the NFL doesn’t stand up now, it never will.”

Newsflash, the league doesn't value women.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1