Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

That's going to be the big thing---will they? I'd love them too--but I have my doubts.

That's everything. If they don't, then we're just waiting for the next one of these moments.

We get it. Some believe owners will shy away because of shady **** in their own franchises. If force him out and then we have Jerry Jones again drunk with college girls but this time, one of them was 17. What happens?

I wonder what will happen with the videos. The Post seems to have it. According to Allred, they're not handing it over. I'm sure the other lawyers involved want it, too. If that ever gets shown publicly, and it's something that's as egregious and creepy as the story makes it out to be, that could cause a whole new level of uproar. 

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

That's everything. If they don't, then we're just waiting for the next one of these moments.

We get it. Some believe owners will shy away because of shady **** in their own franchises. If force him out and then we have Jerry Jones again drunk with college girls but this time, one of them was 17. What happens?

I understand their reluctance to act for fear of their own skeletons. But, at some point, they need to realize that we're in an era where there are more eyes watching and much less is tolerated. So, if Snyder skates by somehow, I really don't see how that would give an owner a better chance of surviving what you mentioned above (assuming there's a smoking gun). 

• Like 1

Well, I'm out peeps. I'm not supporting this team, watching their games, or posting in the stadium anymore until Dan is out. It's a football team (or so I am told it once resembled one) and I am checking out of all football aspects. it's been as big a part of my life as damn near anything since the time i was 5-6 so it will be an interesting transition, but one that is necessary. This team simply doesn't deserve my support and has given me no justification to provide it. I can handle losing, I'm a VT fan. It's everything else about this team that is disgusting and it's just too much to stomach. 

It's been real everyone. See you in the tailgate. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Well, I'm out peeps. I'm not supporting this team, watching their games, or posting in the stadium anymore until Dan is out. It's a football team (or so I am told it once resembled one) and I am checking out of all football aspects. it's been as big a part of my life as damn near anything since the time i was 5-6 so it will be an interesting transition, but one that is necessary. This team simply doesn't deserve my support and has given me no justification to provide it. I can handle losing, I'm a VT fan. It's everything else about this team that is disgusting and it's just too much to stomach. 

It's been real everyone. See you in the tailgate. 

This is me too!

I will still visit this specific thread because these allegations and the (hopeful) resolution are important to me. But I'm done supporting the team until Snyder is out. He's a bad man. Like you said, I'll root like hell for good people even if they suck on the field. I was just as passionate from 1993-1998 as I was before Gibbs left and we were mediocre-to-awful in those years. I have also been on-board under Snyder until it's become clear that he's far worse than just a bad sports owner. 

• Like 3

The NFL has never, I repeat never, voted out an owner. It is a shiny red button that is never to be touched. It is an empty threat. The other owners will not take a measure that makes themselves more vulnerable unless there is no recoil to themselves.

It would take a Donald Sterling level catastrophe to push the other owners to that length. As of what we know now, we are not there. Not even close.

46 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

they need to realize that we're in an era where there are more eyes watching and much less is tolerated. So, if Snyder skates by somehow, I really don't see how that would give an owner a better chance of surviving what you mentioned above (assuming there's a smoking gun). 

In a world where they give Snyder the boot, things that are currently not a smoking gun, will become a smoking gun. Its that simple. You would be adding to the "how to get an owner canned" playbook.

If we are in a world with more eyes and more scrutiny, that gives the owners even more incentive to sit back and do nothing, as it protects their own skin. This would be the absolute worst time to make themselves more vulnerable by setting precedent on the removal of an owner.

The owners won’t stand to have a commissioner who politics them to remove another owner, so Goddell won’t push the issue either.

The NFL gets rid of unwanted owners by pressuring the to sell, but by all accounts, Snyder has been facing internal pressure for some time and that has not yielded any kind of result. In fact, minority owners have tried to sell their stakes.

Unless more comes out, and there are things that directly implicate Snyder himself, dude is going nowhere.

Sad, but that is the most likely scenario. I’d shed a tear, if my tear ducts still worked that is.

• Like 1

As to12 new women coming forward post the 2nd WP story and are angry about Dan's denials. More than anything, I'd put big money on this story having at least 2 more legs to it based on that. 

IMO Dan not coming off contrite and instead blaming others at Redskins Park and blaming the WP and the accusers -- he's just asking for people that worked there to sharpen their lives.   IMO its an ironic microcosm to how Dan seems to approach most difficult PR issues which is to absolve himself from the blame and scapegoat others.  When he did that he would lose respect from many fans, media among others.

The problem with him doing that here is the stakes are higher than his previous PR gaffes and typical poor instincts and petty behavior.  Taking that same tact here, I think he's jacking up the odds of others coming forward who are angry about how he's reacted to the stories.  Case in point below. 

Banks says her clients were personally upset by reading Snyder's public statement in response to this week's Washington Post article, which directly linked the team owner to sexual harassment claims inside the organization.

"Of course it upsets us," she said. "Everything that he has said, which tries to divorce himself from these allegations, is upsetting to my clients, and claiming that it's a 'hit piece' is akin to saying this is fake news. But it's not. Right?

"We have, as you said, over 40 people who have come forward. We have many, many people who have gone on the record to say this was my experience at the organization."

...You can accuse Dan Snyder of a lot of things, but being hands-off is not one of them," she added. "We've been seeing that for 20 years, that his meddling and micro-management has essentially run this team into the ground. So the idea that he didn't know what was happening is ridiculous."

In his statement, Snyder admitted to being "too hands-off" as an NFL owner by allowing others "to have day-to-day control to the detriment of our organization."

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Somebodies gotta drop the goods

They have been!!

What more do we want? You have two dozen employees stating that numerous people, including the owner, have fostered a hostile work environment. You have a cheerleader giving a specific account of Snyder's attempt to pimp her out to a friend of his, and you have several cheerleaders who have been told that they are in a non-consensual nude video that was pieced together from calendar shoot outtakes for the executives of the team. This isn't a movie...these women aren't walking around with recording devices hoping to entrap Dan Snyder. This should be enough for him to be forced out. If it's not, that's sad. 

• Thanks 2

16 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Sounds like something you should complain about in the Tailgate, where people can not care about your opinion in the proper space. 

Thanks for the suggestion.  I sure will.  

To those who are leaving and want nothing to do with this team until Snyder is out, I commend you and respect your decision.

However, you should also consider staying because one of the most effective ways to bring change is from within. 

Stay, complain and **** with us....until he is gone.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, dyst said:

To those who are leaving and want nothing to do with this team until Snyder is out, I commend you and respect your decision.

However, you should also consider staying because one of the most effective ways to bring change is from within. 

Stay, complain and **** with us....until he is gone.

I see it that same way.  I got no issue with anyone checking out for whatever reason that moves them.  Everyone's entitled to their own take of fandom.

For me, as much as I hate these stories, I do think Dan being ousted is in play.

I do think if these stories continue to come out.  The minority owners continue to fight.  They struggle to get a stadium.  Fans check out.  Dan is perceived nationally as not just a bad owner but also a sexist -- on and on and on.  I do think the dam can eventually break. 

Some of us had similar conversations about Bruce and some national and local sources were saying Bruce isn't going anywhere.  I recall that was Jay Glazer's quote. Adam Schefter more or less thought the same, etc.  But the perfect storm led to his ouster.  Granted, its much more difficult to oust an owner but I don't think its some wild pipe dream.   

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I see it that same way.  I got no issue with anyone checking out for whatever reason that moves them.  Everyone's entitled to their own take of fandom.

For me, as much as I hate these stories, I do think Dan being ousted is in play.

I do think if these stories continue to come out.  The minority owners continue to fight.  They struggle to get a stadium.  Fans check out.  Dan is perceived nationally as not just a bad owner but also a sexist -- on and on and on.  I do think the dam can eventually break. 

Some of us had similar conversations about Bruce and some national and local sources were saying Bruce isn't going anywhere.  I recall that was Jay Glazer's quote. Adam Schefter more or less thought the same, etc.  But the perfect storm led to his ouster.  Granted, its much more difficult to oust an owner but I don't think its some wild pipe dream.   

I believe I'm doing both. I'm not planning on watching the games in 2020 but I don't plan on staying quiet about my disdain for this latest scandal. So, I'll continue to be vocal about the owner needing to go while not supporting his product. 

• Like 1

I saw Dan's response and immediately smiled because it looked like he just dug his hole even deeper to me. He came off as incredibly arrogant, and showed a real lack of empathy towards his accusers. It was obvious it was going to piss people off. 

Right now Dan is going to deny deny deny because he's banking on there not being substantial evidence against him. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, profusion said:

I worry it might take a criminal indictment for us to be rid of Dan.

Tell that to Kraft, Isray and an endless list of NFL owners. Dudes have been charged with felonies.

You need a megaton Bomb. Absolute overkill. Double tap in a single blow

Edited by FootballZombie
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Tell that to Kraft, Isray and an endless list of NFL owners. Dudes have been charged with felonies.

You need a megaton Bomb. Absolute overkill. Double tap in a single blow

No, I think the PR disasters and evidence of discrimination is far more damning than a crime. 

Snyder has shown two decades of sexism and harassment. That's a much uglier look than an old man paying for a tug at a massage parlor. One impacts hundreds of people while the other impacts just the individual. We are in a world now where perception and reputation is far more important than "on paper" crimes. 

• Like 3

Great article by Thomas Boswell. Sorry if you have to pay to read. Some incredible lines in this one. "Toilet paper has to be folded into a V. Sure isn't a V for victory." 

And this, relating back to the notion that this is EASILY the worst culture in football, probably in all organized sports in America:

In a half-century covering sports, I’ve never encountered any franchise in any sport that behaved so atrociously. After 21 years, Snyder owns this utterly.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/08/28/daniel-snyder-washington-boycott/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

No, I think the PR disasters and evidence of discrimination is far more damning than a crime. 

Snyder has shown two decades of sexism and harassment. That's a much uglier look than an old man paying for a tug at a massage parlor. One impacts hundreds of people while the other impacts just the individual. We are in a world now where perception and reputation is far more important than "on paper" crimes. 

If bad PR can get rid of an owner, Snyder would have gotten the boot 10x over by now.  Nothing changes if more people come forward. His reputation is at zero. What’s it gonna do, go into the negatives?

Unless he himself does something (or has done something) He is pretty safe.

Kraft on the other hand, was not just caught up in a prostitution sting, but a human trafficking sting. Depending on the surrounding cases and his own, there is a real possibility that you would be able to directly connect Kraft to supporting human trafficking. You want an ugly look? Think about the articles that show how an owner is empowering the human trafficking trade.

Prostitution and Human Trafficking is not the same. In prostitution, one party pays another. In human trafficking, someone is FORCED into labor/sexual/physical things. Human trafficking is slavery.

I don’t believe that is an image the NFL wants and if it comes down to it, that is the kind of megaton bomb that will force a vote. All it takes is one journalist to play the “Kraft supported slavery card”. He’d be done.

No chance at coming back as a zombie either.

Edited by FootballZombie

I agree that more sexual harassment stories aren't going to work at this point. But if there's any chance they can tie him to that video and asking for its creation ... that could be something that would move the chains, so to speak. I don't see any way the NFL could withstand the outcry over that. A longshot, but we'll see. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I would guess part 3 is coming.  I guessed that from the start when the first story came out.  My business deals with the media on a lot of fronts and from my experience when it comes to expose investigative type reporting, they often come out in multiple layers versus all at once.  It's better for the media's business model to spit these stories out in segments versus one and done.   

The other part of it as Hobson says is that the first story propelled others to talk.  According to the WP reporters some people who were employed there over the years were bothered with Dan's response to story #1 which was more or less he is part of the solution.  They wanted the WP to know he was a part of the problem.  Dan's statement on the story this week doubles down on him not being part of the problem and he claims the accusations are false.  I'd gather that might get some people stirred up and it wouldn't surprise me if more sources pop up.

As an example, I was aware of a major story relating to a client of mine that was a bit wild.  I got into an off the record conversation with a major investigative reporter and I was stunned how much he knew about it -- he had lots of detail on it.   But ultimately his first story on the issue only hit a fraction of it.  Then he had another.  Then he had another.

If there is a 3rd leg to this, I doubt the WP has all their ducks lined up now.  But I'd guess they are at least 50% deep in it and they are probing.  Hobson said to get some of their sources to talk, it took some time and cajoling.   If I were a betting man considering how bold the WP column writers have been this week about Dan needs to go -- I'd say a third story is coming and the people at the WP know the angle. 

^^This guy knows what he's talking about. 

Probably the most insightful post in this thread.  I believe, putting everything together, that we are witnessing a hostile take-over -- a calculated take-down of one billionaire by a smarter and more powerful and real billionaire that will likely result in the transferrance of the former's prized assets.  And you can see exactly why the richer billionaire is so much smarter, he's playing chess while the other is playing checkers.  Look how he has managed to set up this acquisition so that when he buys it -- it will have been stripped of its largest liability/detraction (its offensive name), and be acquired dirt-cheap due to the owner's financial judgement being clouded by his personal ties to the franchise.  The harder Snyder struggles to hang on to this team, the more its gonna cost him when it he is eventually forced to sell.  Brilliant.  I am beginning to understand why Bezos bought the (at time) ailing Washington Post in the first place.  And why he is the worlds richest man --  and possibly becoming its most powerfui.  Yikes.  

Edited by Koala
  • Like 1