Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

17 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Wasn't Jerry Jones caught with some of Michael Irvins hookers doing blow? And didn't we just all laugh?

Consenting adults -- different situation, even if prostitution is a crime, its just not as morally outrageous as coercing nude tapes out of unsuspecting, unwilling, or uncompensated female employees.  

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Koala said:

Consenting adults -- different situation, even if prostitution is a crime, its just not as morally outrageous as coercing nude tapes out of unsuspecting, unwilling, or uncompensated female employees.  

I absolutely agree with that.

Dan has made a nice return on his investment, but the cost was becoming the most hated man in this region and a national joke.

The NFL has probably already peaked as a business. A more savvy person would cash out and retire to the yacht to pursue other opportunities and escape the spotlight. Not our Dan, though. He'll show us!!

Edited by profusion
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, brettstr said:

All who say Dan is the most hated in sports are completely and sadly wrong. Thats only Your Opinion. You have invested your feelings into something that is not worth it... Football. What has Dan done to you personally?

Personally I love the football team from Washington D.C and I always have scince a small child and the snyder has personally ruined the team all the way around.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Koala said:

They also weren't his employees. Thats the big difference. 

2 hours ago, brettstr said:

All who say Dan is the most hated in sports are completely and sadly wrong. Thats only Your Opinion. You have invested your feelings into something that is not worth it... Football. What has Dan done to you personally?

Okay, so name me one present figure in sports who is more hated than Dan.

He's graduating into Donald Sterling territory, with the exception that the Clippers were an irrelevant joke before Sterling bought them. Snyder has taken a beloved civic institution and turned it into rubbish.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, brettstr said:

Thanks for the input, bud

098B298F1B45665F25AD3927DA75F80E266EAB0A

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, brettstr said:

just as a recently retired pro (not football), my fave part is where you chose to capitalize...for $5 i can direct you to an informative source on what selective capitalization used as emphases in written communication often signifies

527.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, brettstr said:

He ruined my childhood memories and tarnished my favorite time. Also he kick my dog.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Florgon79 said:

He ruined my childhood memories and tarnished my favorite time. Also he kick my dog.

Is '79 the year you were born ?

And, I have to confess.

I kicked your dog, too.

I punted that li'l ****er clear across the street.

Edited by Spearfeather
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, brettstr said:

Can't.  Tell. If. Serious. 

However,  if you wouldn't mind  Mr. Snyder,  could you please sell the team and make us fans happy again.  

Kthanksbye.

HTTR!

• Thanks 1

This is potentially big news. The Post is also speculating that the "independent investigator" was forced on Snyder by the league and not really hired by Dan. Also additional women have come forward and it's now 50 according to the article.

• Like 3

The forcible removal of Snyder feels unlikely — owners are reluctant to set precedents and fear putting their own franchises in the crosshairs. But Goodell at least seems committed to nothing less than a full airing of Snyder’s conduct and the hostile workplace he hosted. And that’s an evolution. The NFL has a mountain of other crises on its hands, from how to stage a season amid a pandemic to the social justice urgencies of its players. Nevertheless, it put a meeting with Banks and her partner Debra Katz on the front burner Monday. It was only Thursday that the lawyers called on Goodell and the league to take action and warned that their clients fear “retaliation” from Snyder if they speak to investigators. The agreement to sit down with the attorneys was an interestingly swift and friendly response from the NFL.

The swiftness suggests two things. First, this is going to get worse rather than better for Snyder. More women are coming forward — upward of 50 now offering details of their experiences with the club — and their lawyers are being heard directly by the league. Second, if Snyder thinks he can contain this with his usual bullying legal tactics, he is wrong. The NFL appears ready to not only listen to these women but to protect them.

...No one has hammered the NFL harder than yours truly over the years for what appeared to be sham investigations, but this one seems different. This is not the same league that in 2014 reflexively ducked the Ray Rice domestic violence case until it was caught in a public firestorm. Since then Goodell has worked with a will to ensure NFL headquarters is more responsive and a better model of inclusion. Almost 37 percent of staffers in the league office are now women. Since 2014 in particular, women have been hired to fill some large offices, including special counsel for investigations and chief operating officer. And since 2016 it has mandated that at least one woman be interviewed for any openings in the league office.

Goodell has his shortcomings, but coddling indecency isn’t one of them, at least not lately. Leering codgers such as Jerry Richardson are out of the league or on the wane, and you can feel a new sensibility about social justice issues from executives such as former Washington great Mark Murphy, CEO and president of the Green Bay Packers, who said over the weekend, “It’s time to make changes.”

In 2014, Goodell promised, “We will get our house in order.” If the house is not entirely in order, it’s at least under renovation. But it won’t be fully complete until Snyder’s rot is removed.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/08/31/daniel-snyder-nfl-investigation/

4 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Although I'm glad the NFL has taken over the investigation, you know there will be moans of the NFL covering things up if Snyder isn't roasted over an open flame afterwards.

Good. Snyder’s public perception problem becoming the NFL’s public perception problem is a huge step towards either pushing him out or reigning him in, imo. When his behavior and actions reflect on the other owners in a real, tangible way in the public eye is when change might be possible. Unlikely might, as we all know, but still. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Good. Snyder’s public perception problem becoming the NFL’s public perception problem is a huge step towards either pushing him out or reigning him in, imo. When his behavior and actions reflect on the other owners in a real, tangible way in the public eye is when change might be possible. Unlikely might, as we all know, but still. 

I don't see this reflecting on the other owners, I just see an almost Pavlovian response from a percentage of fans (less so from media members) of anything less than a scathing report on Snyder being due to a coverup. Remember how after the first article came out and it didn't include any of the more savory speculations and rumors, how a certain percentage claimed that Snyder's lawyers must have threatened the WP all week to get that stuff removed? I basically expect that mindset to come out again if the above happens.

17 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Although I'm glad the NFL has taken over the investigation, you know there will be moans of the NFL covering things up if Snyder isn't roasted over an open flame afterwards.

I mean, I'm hoping they roast Snyder in the depths of a slor for this one.

• Haha 2

So I wonder what they are allowed to investigate? How far back, what content do they have access too, etc?

Can you imagine if they get to dissect all of Dans 25 years, you never know what kind of bombshells can come out of that type of exploration, I can't imagine that this doesn't get embarrassing for Dan and probably several coaches and maybe even players who have come in and out of this clubhouse over the years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JSSkinz said:

So I wonder what they are allowed to investigate? How far back, what content do they have access too, etc?

Given Snyder's attempts to get whole sections of the last WaPo article edited out, with him running the original investigation--I wondered this also. I still do.

1 minute ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Snyder gets fined, loses a draft pick and maybe gets suspended for a year.

I think at worst he gets suspended. If they take our 1st round pick...

• Like 1