Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

For years, I thought Snyder was an inept, incompetent, bumbling owner.  I thought he wanted to win but just kept getting in his own way.  Now, it is clear that he is not only incompetent, he is malevolent.  The culture in this franchise is despicable, and indefensible, and his fault.  

I feel dirty and complicit for having cheered for his team.  I love the memories I have of the good times, and I value the friendships that have grown through shared fandom, but I cannot, in good conscience, continue to support this team.  I will not be cheering for them until he's gone.  I can't wait for the time when I can come back to Washington Football with a clean conscience.

In the meantime, I'm adopting the vikings.  I live in MN and they seem likable enough.  A lot of my local friends here are hard core vikes fans, so it will be fun partying with them.  And I get to root for that goofball Cousins some more.   

Edited by bcl05
  • Like 6

13 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

So now the two attorneys for some of the women write to the Commissioner to put heat on him and to get him to discuss with the owners.  This issue will be here for

several more months and maybe even for an entire year.  Who knows what the final outcome will be.  Will The Danny be able to buy off some of these employees

in exchange for their future silence?  He cannot keep the Washington Post and defense attorneys silent.  The other partners can see their investment in the Redskins

going down day by day.  They must be mad beyond just furious.

This is what I was pointing to regarding the argument that "this won't do it" and that "other owners do similar stuff," etc. It's a sound argument, but the difference here is what you're pointing to AND the lawsuits about the video. Two separate lawsuits, I think. Gloria Allred is already representing cheerleaders and is trying to get the video and "get to the truth" of who's behind it. This is going to go on for a LONG time, and it's going to continue to make the NFL look bad. It's different than a bad comment that's brought out that eventually gets forgotten. It's going to be an ongoing and public display of this crap. They cut Snyder loose, they take the focus away from themselves and they get ahead of this. I agree it's still a long shot, but it's far more of a possibility than where we were last month. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, bcl05 said:

I feel dirty and complicit for having cheered for his team.  I love the memories I have of the good times, and I value the friendships that have grown through shared fandom, but I cannot, in good conscience, continue to support this team.  I will not be cheering for them until he's gone.  I can't wait for the time when I can come back to Washington Football with a clean conscience.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out, I guess.

I personally don't feel any shame. I cheered for the Redskins team, the players and coaches, to do well.

I wasn't cheering for the current owner, Dan Snyder.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, bcl05 said:

For years, I thought Snyder was an inept, incompetent, bumbling owner.  I thought he wanted to win but just kept getting in his own way.  Now, it is clear that he is not only incompetent, he is malevolent.  The culture in this franchise is despicable, and indefensible, and his fault.  

In the meantime, I'm adopting the vikings.  I live in MN and they seem likable enough.  A lot of my local friends here are hard core vikes fans, so it will be fun partying with them.  And I get to root for that goofball Cousins some more.   

Great post. I'm not adopting another team, but I'm done "following" the Redskins until Snyder is gone. Like you, I tried to justify his bad ownership in the past. But these recent developments over the past 2 years are disgusting. This isn't being bad or being mean. This isn't leaving ice cream on Mike Nolan's desk. He betrayed and mistreated employees and uses people like chess pieces in his life. Gross. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

Don't let the door hit you on the way out, I guess.

I personally don't feel any shame. I cheered for the Redskins team, the players and coaches, to do well.

I wasn't cheering for the current owner, Dan Snyder.

These comments are old man...come on. If you want to continue supporting the team, that's fine. But after all the BS that's gone on under Snyder, shaming people for having enough is so very tone deaf. 

This organization resembles NOTHING like the one I watched as a kid. Instead of being considered a top-5 sports organization, it's devolved into a cesspool of insecure men who treat everyone like **** just because they feel that they can. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

These comments are old man...come on. If you want to continue supporting the team, that's fine. But after all the BS that's gone on under Snyder, shaming people for having enough is so very tone deaf. 

This organization resembles NOTHING like the one I watched as a kid. Instead of being considered a top-5 sports organization, it's devolved into a cesspool of insecure men who treat everyone like **** just because they feel that they can. 

If you want to feel shame for rooting for the Redskins, you do so.

I've been a fan of this team since I was a little kid in the 1970s. Long, long before Snyder came around.

I love this team. Snyder can't wreck that for me. I wouldn't let him.

If it does for you, then I say the same thing I said to the other poster.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

This is what I was pointing to regarding the argument that "this won't do it" and that "other owners do similar stuff," etc. It's a sound argument, but the difference here is what you're pointing to AND the lawsuits about the video. Two separate lawsuits, I think. Gloria Allred is already representing cheerleaders and is trying to get the video and "get to the truth" of who's behind it. This is going to go on for a LONG time, and it's going to continue to make the NFL look bad. It's different than a bad comment that's brought out that eventually gets forgotten. It's going to be an ongoing and public display of this crap. They cut Snyder loose, they take the focus away from themselves and they get ahead of this. I agree it's still a long shot, but it's far more of a possibility than where we were last month. 

Pretty sure all Gloria Allred wants for her clients is a settlement.  She's there to parade her victims in front of news cameras, wag her finger, make bold statements and collect a check.  She's a one trick pony, but oh what a great trick it is.  

Anyway, I hope you're right.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

Another thing to consider is that one of the reporters on this story has said they're already looking into additional things. There's more to come.

49 minutes ago, bcl05 said:

I get where you're coming from, it's a shame that Snyder ruined this for you.  But I don't think you should feel any guilt or being dirty or complicit.  You weren't hanging around with Larry Michael and being a perv.  

I hate the slippery slope defense but I can't help but think of it in this case.  I can't give up the Redskins in this instance and then take myself seriously while I'm wearing a Nike workout tshirt practically every morning.  Quite frankly, if we all rounded up companies we liked and exposed all the stuff that goes on behind closed doors that we don't like and then boycott them, there wouldn't be much left. 

But to each their own.  I can't really blame anyone for wanting to stop following this franchise.  

1 minute ago, profusion said:

Another thing to consider is that one of the reporters on this story has said they're already looking into additional things. There's more to come.

I certainly hope so.  They just need to keep piling on.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

If you want to feel shame for rooting for the Redskins, you do so.

I've been a fan of this team since I was a little kid in the 1970s. Long, long before Snyder came around.

I love this team. Snyder can't wreck that for me. I wouldn't let him.

If it does for you, then I say the same thing I said to the other poster.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

We aren’t the Redskins anymore.

Personally I respect your stance that you’re sticking around. So am I.

However, the old ‘don’t let the door hit you’ line towards other long standing fans and ES members is unnecessary in my opinion. Show a bit more class and respect. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

I've been a fan since the 1970's.  I've missed three games over the last 20 years.  I've given this team a ton.  

I get that there are bad actors and bad sides of nearly every company and large organization.  But this team's culture is egregious and awful, and I'm just disgusted.  I want be able to tell my daughter that I won't support a team that treats women that way.  

Some of you can separate the owner and the team, and that's super.  I won't judge you.  But for me, this team is currently unsupportable.  

• Like 2

Anyone judging any fan for taking a step back after everything that’s happened this offseason (and hell the last 20+ years) is acting like an asshole. We’re better than that folks. Having a higher tolerance for BS or a stronger stomach for this drama or anything else doesn’t make you more noble. 

Personally, I’ll be here. I won’t spend money but they have yet to discover a way to get me to step away entirely. And I consider that a character flaw and have for a while.

Edited by ConnSKINS26
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Anyone judging any fan for taking a step back after everything that’s happened this offseason (and hell the last 20+ years) is acting like an asshole. We’re better than that folks. Having a higher tolerance for BS or a stronger stomach for this drama or anything else doesn’t make you more noble. 

Personally, I’ll be here. I won’t spend money but they have yet to discover a way to get me to step away entirely. And I consider that a character flaw and have for a while.

Agreed. And same goes for anyone that judges those that decide to continue being a fan of the team. I hate both types of people 😂 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

That makes two of us.  I still bought a new Washington Football Team shirt though.  Actually really like it.

25 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

We aren’t the Redskins anymore.

Personally I respect your stance that you’re sticking around. So am I.

However, the old ‘don’t let the door hit you’ line towards other long standing fans and ES members is unnecessary in my opinion. Show a bit more class and respect. 

They are the Redskins to me.

What I said was blunt, but classless and disrespectful? Hardly.

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

What I said was blunt, but classless and disrespectful? Hardly.

100% classless and disrespectful. Yes. It’s a way of judging someone for going to a new team. They’re allowed to do that without being told “don’t let the door hit you on the way out”. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

This organization resembles NOTHING like the one I watched as a kid.

Yes, a Latin coach, a black man as President, and a woman as VP.

Very different.

Edited by JSSkinz
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, bcl05 said:

Hate to burst your bubble, but the Vikings owner is a straight criminal. Google it.

At least he can successfully run a football team though.

Reading this it seems to me some people don’t understand the difference between a reporter and a columnist, or a division of a newspaper vs editorial boards, and I’m willing to be most of them couldn’t say anything meaningful about any of the writers for the second WP article to actually back up accusations of an agenda, bias, etc. 

• Like 4

I don't really get the whole checking in your fancard thing.

This organisation is FINALLY being sorted out and the scumbags kicked to the kerb.

We have a respected coach who is also a POC.

We brought in a woman into the heart of the FO. A very competent and shrewd woman too, she's kicking ass so far.

Jason Wright seems to be just about the smartest guy in any room he walks into, is an exemplary character and is also the first black team president of ANY NFL team ever.

So we now have a respectable structure with good, honest, decent people running things for the first time in decades.... but people are saying "well we supported them through the toxic years whilst all the immoral **** was going down but now things are finally being put straight, we're mailing it in - we're done"? How many of y'all were supporting the team when GPM was running the show?

I get that people hate Snyder, I hate Snyder too and to be honest, I can't see him lasting much longer before the NFL take him to the wood shed one way or another.... but this organisation is finally on the right path. This offseason has been hard to take, but damnit it's by far the best thing that could possibly have happened.

I'm not going to chew people out for walking away from the franchise, it's not my place, but for me, it feels like a fresh beginning and I'm looking forward to seeing us rebuild into an organisation that I can support without embarassment. I hope others will join me.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

The NFL won't touch this with a 10 foot pole.  They'll slap Snyder on the wrist and that'll be it.

Everyone here wants this to be the thing that gets Snyder kicked out by the league.  And what I'm saying here isn't a defense of Dan Snyder, so no one should read it as such.  I want him gone, too.

I said it before, I'll say it again here.  If the NFL investigates this and it turns out to be something that can kick Snyder out, then all of a sudden all of the other NFL owners are opening themselves up to be taken down for the same things.  It's ****ty that this happens in the WFT front office, I'm assuming it's happened elsewhere, too.  I mean, Woody Johnson, the Jets owner was under investigation for racist and sexist comments while being an ambassador to the UK.  He's being investigated by the State Department and nothing is happening to his prospects as an NFL owner.  One could argue that his comments came in the capacity of being an ambassador and not at an NFL function or a Jets function...but Woody Johnson represents the league wherever he goes.  He's known as the Jets owner.

So there's a prime time example of an NFL owner who was recently investigated by the federal government and...nothing from the NFL.   And you expect a nip slip compilation video and asking a cheerleader to go to a friends hotel room to be what drives Dan Snyder from the NFL?

The problem here isn't just Dan Snyder, the problem here is the NFL and the boys club owners group.  I believe that they don't like Dan Snyder, but what they would like even less is to have women who have experienced sexual harassment in the workplace speak up and target them if Snyder was to get kicked out of the league because of this.  The NFL and the owners are going to intentionally dismiss this behavior through public statements and "investigations" that will quietly go away.  The last thing any boys club owner wants is a woman speaking up because she was harassed and it jeopardizes his stake as an owner of an NFL team. 

I know you wrote a ton here, but I just want to let you know that this bit alters your entire post. There isn't a team out there that has one HR Rep, that you can't even report problems to, and a culture in the NFL as bad as this. If Dan goes down, his word against other owners isn't going to mean ****, there will be no outrage by anything Dan claims and people will already hate the guy. It will make him look even worse. Dan would also have to have evidence linking into what he's claiming about other organizations if he does go down with a fight like that. 

I'm just trying to figure out how other owners are "opening themselves up"? Nobody cares if they lie on their taxes, I'm sorry that's just not a story even if every billionaire does it.

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I'm just trying to figure out how other owners are "opening themselves up"? Nobody cares if they lie on their taxes, I'm sorry that's just not a story even if every billionaire does it.

The Jerry Richardson situation is what really opened the door, but the other owners didn't actually vote him out, as I recall.

The point is that the precedent for removing an owner becomes set. The next time it gets easier, and maybe it doesn't have to something as serious.

• Like 1