Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

If they force Snyder to sell they shouldn’t allow another owner to buy the team. Instead the Washington franchise should operate like the Green Bay Packer franchise. Fan owned.
Not the Amazon guy. Not Vince McMahon. Not another guy people will grow to hate in a few years... 

Edited by skinsfan212689
  • Like 2

The first time this story came out, it was hyped to levels it could never hope to achieve, greatly softening the impact. This time it will be absolutely buried by what is going on around all of sports now, with multiple teams boycotting.

I’m not sure enough vitriol and pressure will be generated to force substantial action when focus is being drawn another direction so strongly. The greatest changes that will occur will be by the hands of the people we have recently hired. I like what they have been saying, so I hope that leads us to a better place.

I have a strong feeling that this will all amount to a large fine for Snyder and little more. Enough money to bury him under, but not enough to stop him from digging out and continuing on. (Zombie Pun)

Edit: In response to the fan tweet on the last page:

More like awful take. A paper like the WP doesn’t make things up and attribute them to “anonymous sources”, and supposing out loud that they do shows a deep misunderstanding of how investigative journalism works. These papers have teams of lawyers that go through this stuff on big articles—just because they, at the sources’ request, do not print the  names of the sources in some cases does not mean they don’t have records of who they are for legal reasons.

This is of course setting aside the fact that this argument doesn’t even make sense in this case—all the most explosive allegations in this article have names and quotes attached! 

The problem here is that the standard for what counts as “news” or “media” has fallen so far in other arenas or become so intertwined with opinions in some cases, that outlets that are NOT adhering to standard journalistic practices are held by some in the same esteem as those that are, and then people’s trust in the entire fourth estate becomes eroded. That sucks. 

Edited by ConnSKINS26
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Is it beyond an embarrassment being a fan of this team?

This football season has been an absolute roller coaster ride, you know everything that has happened so I wont bring it all up..than with today..what am I supposed to do as a fan?..I mean it's been embarrassing scince 99 and all and we all joke about it but I think it's hit a new level...I wanna ignore it all and just be all yay team..focus on the games do the best I can to watch the games..cheer em on..but part of me wants to crawl in a hole and and not emerge till the following season after the dust has settled...what am I supposed to do?

Edited by bakedtater1
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, redskinss said:

you make some good points, but i wasn't trying to suggest he's innocent, nor was I intending to justify what has happened over the last 20 years or the culture that building has had.

I would just like to hear both sides of the story before I determine if snyder should be run out of town.

I believe he could be an asshole but not guilty of anything worthy of forcing him out ( no matter how much I'd like him to be).

This is the same as all the rehearsed talking points we hear about other social issues that get repeated ad nauseum by people that want to see the status quo stay in place but are aware they can't say things as overtly as before.  They are carefully constructed and don't necessarily offend at face value, but its just so obvious the dog whistle that lies beneath.

Its the Richard Sherman hands in the air defense, right after Trent Williams popped him in the face for being an asshole.  Who, me? What'd I do?

Its just so painfully obvious.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Is it beyond an embarrassment being a fan of this team?

This football season has been an absolute roller coaster ride, you know everything that has happened so I wont bring it all up..than with today..what am I supposed to do as a fan?..I mean it's been embarrassing scince 99 and all and we all joke about it but I think it's hit a new level...I wanna ignore it all and just be all yay team..focus on the games do the best I can to watch the games..cheer em on..but part of me wants to crawl in a hole and and not emerge till the following season after the dust has settled...what am I supposed to do?

Honestly, do whatever you feel is needed for you. There’s no right or wrong way of being a fan in all of this. If  you want to be all “yay team! Whooo week 1 soon yesss!!!!”, go for it. If you need to take a season off, go for it. And whoever says “you’re not a smart/true/whatever fan” for choosing either option, they’re the dumb ones. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Honestly, do whatever you feel is needed for you. There’s no right or wrong way of being a fan in all of this. If  you want to be all “yay team! Whooo week 1 soon yesss!!!!”, go for it. If you need to take a season off, go for it. And whoever says “you’re not a smart/true/whatever fan” for choosing either option, they’re the dumb ones. 

Good stuff man..thanks....I'm to hard core dedicated to quit now..it'll suck not watching it with the folks tho...allllllll byyyyyy myyyyyyy selllllllllffff dont wanna be alllll byyyy..hahaha

18 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

This is the same as all the rehearsed talking points we hear about other social issues that get repeated ad nauseum by people that want to see the status quo stay in place but are aware they can't say things as overtly as before.  They are carefully constructed and don't necessarily offend at face value, but its just so obvious the dog whistle that lies beneath.

Its the Richard Sherman hands in the air defense, right after Trent Williams popped him in the face for being an asshole.  Who, me? What'd I do?

Its just so painfully obvious.

I'm really glad that you are here to tell other posters what they really meant!  Not taking people at face value is usually a solid strategy for valuable dialogue 👍

• Like 2

4 hours ago, redskinss said:

you make some good points, but i wasn't trying to suggest he's innocent, nor was I intending to justify what has happened over the last 20 years or the culture that building has had.

I would just like to hear both sides of the story before I determine if snyder should be run out of town.

I believe he could be an asshole but not guilty of anything worthy of forcing him out ( no matter how much I'd like him to be).

Okay, the heart of the issue is this -- Did Dan Snyder request a personal videotape of his employees nude or exposed -- possibly without the consent/knowledge of those employees, and without compensation for those employees?  If you dont think THAT is a major issue, worthy of running him out of town, I dont know what the **** you think would qualify as major issue. 

If you dont believe there is enough proof of this, thats another matter, but its definitely a major issue worth of investigation.  

Think of a normal organization.  Lets imagine that, during a corporate retreat, there was a beach-side party thrown by the company.  Lets say that it is considered normal/an expectation that some of the activities during the retreat would be photographed, including the beach side party.  Now lets say some female employees were swimming in bikinis at the end of that party.  Would it be ok for the CEO of that organization to ask for a personal tape to be made of the female employees in their bikinis, or changing into their bikinis -- without the consent of those females, or an offer of compensation?  No ofcourse not, thats ****ing disgusting.  But, because these girls are cheerleaders, everyone assumes that they should be used to being sexually objectified, no big deal there at all, huh?

Even an offer of compensation would be extremely slimy, but to just do it without consent or expectation of compensation..thats bordering on predatory.    

Edited by Koala
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, profusion said:

Dan's statement is embarrassingly bad. It feels like something he didn't run by a cooler head before sending. Which would indicate that, gee, maybe not much has changed after all.

I was initially worried that Wright would allow THAT to be the face the team shows to the world, because I assumed he had to be in the loop on something that big going out to the world.

Then the team released its own actual statement, not a personal one from the owner, and it was clear that that one had Wright’s fingerprints (or at least influence) all over it. It was empathetic, transparent, open to criticism, and honest. The exact opposite of Snyder’s personal statement.

That’s when it became clear that Snyder had not consulted his FO hires on his own statement.

And that on its own is...interesting. That Snyder flailed and sent out a knee-jerk statement (probably with lawyer input but not good PR input) from the office of the owner while the FO took its time formulating its own, better statement separate from the owner’s plea to allow him to pass the buck...it is fascinating. Especially knowing that Wright had a job with the NFL office itself whenever he wanted it, and came highly recommended by them in a hiring process in Washington that was followed very closely by Goodell and the rest of the league office. So the NFL’s man and preferred face of our franchise on the business side (which is the side that concerns the league, I don’t think they really care if the team is bad on the field when it comes down to it) is leading our front-facing response to this in a way that distances the franchise from the words and actions of the owner himself...

This could get interesting. Nothing in the official team statement did anything to back up Snyder’s own slimy defense attempt. 

Edited by ConnSKINS26
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

If this story was generated and published by any other news group than the Washington Post, I would be more inclined to accept it as fact.  To me, this outlet's credibility has been suspect for many years, especially as related to WFT matters .

8 minutes ago, Fisher37 said:

If this story was generated and published by any other news group than the Washington Post, I would be more inclined to accept it as fact.  To me, this outlet's credibility has been suspect for many years, especially as related to WFT matters .

This is not an opinion piece or speculation. There are names, and quotes attributed to those names, along with the anonymous sources. 

Did you read it all? If you don’t “accept it as fact”, you’re not doubting the WP...you’re doubting the people who came forward. I can’t see a logical reason to do that. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Koala said:

Okay, the heart of the issue is this -- Did Dan Snyder request a personal videotape of his employees nude or exposed -- possibly without the consent/knowledge of those employees, and without compensation for those employees?  If you dont think THAT is a major issue, worthy of running him out of town, I dont know what the **** you think would qualify as major issue. 

If you dont believe there is enough proof of this, thats another matter, but its definitely a major issue worth of investigation. 

That part in bold is what I thought the other poster was referring to...that they want to hear more on this issue first before reaching a conclusion because there isn't anything concrete or undeniable concerning the video and Snyder...just one guy who claims Larry told him that the video was for Snyder. Two others who talked about the video said they never heard Snyder's name in connection to it. And Larry's credibility, both now and in terms of what he told others in the past, isn't in the best shape to hang anything on.

I did not get the idea that the other poster felt nothing in the article-if true-was serious enough to warrant forcing Snyder to give up the team.

Edited by Califan007

29 minutes ago, Fisher37 said:

Whether you accept it as a fact or not is irrelevant. Just know that it is a fact with 42 witnesses and you're being willfully blind to the fact. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

That part in bold is what I thought the other poster was referring to...that they want to hear more on this issue first before reaching a conclusion because there isn't anything concrete or undeniable concerning the video and Snyder...just one guy who claims Larry told him that the video was for Snyder. Two others who talked about the video said they never heard Snyder's name in connection to it. And Larry's credibility, both now and in terms of what he told others in the past, isn't in the best shape to hang anything on.

I did not get the idea that the other poster felt nothing in the article-if true-was serious enough to warrant forcing Snyder to give up the team.

Yeah, I get that,but I dont think anybody was really saying that okay, this Post story alone is enough to take Snyder out -- certainly not me.  But, I do believe that this is concerning enough, along with the history of allegations and impropriety that Dan Snyder himself alluded to,  that I want a real independent investigation done to treat this issue with the seriousness it deserves.   

To me this is a fairly large deal, because its the first allegation directly link Dan Snyder to the culture that he claims he unwittingly allowed to take root.  It belies the unwitting part of that statement.  If its proven Dan Snyder was an actively involved in putting that culture in place, thats huge, that may be game over for Dan Snyder. Of course, it is just an allegation, I dont think we need the usual "hall monitor", to tell us not to jump to conclusions.  Duh.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I was initially worried that Wright would allow THAT to be the face the team shows to the world, because I assumed he had to be in the loop on something that big going out to the world.

Then the team released its own actual statement, not a personal one from the owner, and it was clear that that one had Wright’s fingerprints (or at least influence) all over it. It was empathetic, transparent, open to criticism, and honest. The exact opposite of Snyder’s personal statement.

That’s when it became clear that Snyder had not consulted his FO hires on his own statement.

And that on its own is...interesting. That Snyder flailed and sent out a knee-jerk statement (probably with lawyer input but not good PR input) from the office of the owner while the FO took its time formulating its own, better statement separate from the owner’s plea to allow him to pass the buck...it is fascinating. Especially knowing that Wright had a job with the NFL office itself whenever he wanted it, and came highly recommended by them in a hiring process in Washington that was followed very closely by Goodell and the rest of the league office. So the NFL’s man and preferred face of our franchise on the business side (which is the side that concerns the league, I don’t think they really care if the team is bad on the field when it comes down to it) is leading our front-facing response to this in a way that distances the franchise from the words and actions of the owner himself...

This could get interesting. Nothing in the official team statement did anything to back up Snyder’s own slimy defense attempt. 

I mean, he fired La Femme Fatale after what amounted to a cup of coffee. Even though axing a polished guy like Wright would be akin to Media Suicide, I think he is slimy and stupid enough to do it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

This could go either way in my eyes...the contrast between Snyder's lengthy statement and the statements by Donaldson and Wright is stark and gives a glimpse of how this franchise could be without Snyder at the helm. At the same time, it shows that the people Snyder has now put in charge are apparently truly helping to right the ship and usher in a positive culture change, which is ultimately what the league wants.

I still think league oversight of some sort will be in Snyder's future more so than forcing him out, but that changes if the video can be shown to be directly tied to him outside of one guy repeating what Larry said to him.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Unless something can be tied to Snyder with proof; nothing is going to happen.

The NFL will just sweep this over and just fine Dan and the Redskins, maybe a draft pick is taken.   

I believe so. Goodell is a joke, he said “We strongly condemn the unprofessional, disturbing and abhorrent behavior and workplace environment alleged in the report which is entirely inconsistent with our standards and has no place in the NFL,”, but in the mean time he won't hire an independant investigator. He will probably order to destroy the tapes just like he did during the Spygate investigation.

Edited by FrFan

The Post clearly does not have a good relationship with Dan Snyder.  Am I the only one that doesnt ever care at this point, if the Post has an agenda against him?  It matches he agenda of an entire ****ing fanbase that has had mostly negative experiences with this guy since the day he bought the team.  Everyone is sick of Dan Snyder -- many of his employees, his ex-business partners, the media, the fanbase, everybody.  And yet he just keeps finding a way to linger around endlessly.  He's a ****ing herpes infection.

• Thanks 2