Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

6 hours ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

Is there any place that WTF fans can send their opinions to the NFL on this matter? Somewhere where it can actually be noticed (in volume if not individually) by real decisionmakers.

Roger Goodell, Commissioner
National Football League
280 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10017
roger.goodell@nfl.com

A coordinated letter writing campaign might be best. Here is a portion of the letter sent by the Native Americans to Roger Goodell in July to formally request the team name change, along with the link to the entire letter.   It could be used as a prototype. Note the CC list at the end. Copying the CEOs of major team sponsors (such as FEDEX, Nike, Walmart, Pepsico, Bank of America, etc.) and other important people tends to get more attention than just sending a letter to the NFL alone.

Fred Smith of FEDEX is a good example. He has strong ties to the team and is readily accessible to the public. I sent a letter to him a few years ago about a concern I had with FEDEX involving another matter and the next day, I got a FEDEX overnight letter response from him delivered right to my door. Most executives do pay attention to what people think about their businesses if you go about it the right way. 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjlvozisLnrAhXRZTUKHZ7SDk4QFjAPegQICBAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.courthousenews.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2020%2F07%2FGoodell-letter.pdf&usg=AOvVaw3D_oJzs87J26-uriqlFyTy

>>Dear Mr. Goodell,

The undersigned are Native American leaders and organizations that have worked tirelessly and substantively for over half a century to change the racist name of the Washington team. We appreciate the statements made in recent days regarding the league and the team’s intention to revisit the name, but we are deeply concerned that the process or decision to rename is being made in absence of any discussion with the concerned leadership.... << 

Edited by SonnySideUp
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Koala said:

The Post clearly does not have a good relationship with Dan Snyder.  Am I the only one that doesnt ever care at this point, if the Post has an agenda against him?  It matches he agenda of an entire ****ing fanbase that has had mostly negative experiences with this guy since the day he bought the team.  Everyone is sick of Dan Snyder -- many of his employees, his ex-business partners, the media, the fanbase, everybody.  And yet he just keeps finding a way to linger around endlessly.  He's a ****ing herpes infection.

Them having an agenda is irrelevant. All the WaPo is doing is investigative reporting, having an agenda doesn't make it all less true, an agenda just makes it easier shine a bright light on the truth. 

Dan's response was a huge mistake. It did not read like a person that was sympathetic towards his ex employee. He essentially denied everything and he might as well have said she was full of ****. 

I honestly don't even think this is the end of it. If Dan doesn't tap out and just continues to deny, I have a feeling it will anger some more of his ex employees who feel he's involved. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Koala said:

Everyone is sick of Dan Snyder -- many of his employees, his ex-business partners, the media, the fanbase, everybody.  And yet he just keeps finding a way to linger around endlessly.

There is no rule against being a bad owner. They are in a position of immense power and are protected by an incredibly strong union in the form of the other owners. Unless you can connect them directly and prove some kind of truly reprehensible behavior, they are going nowhere. On top of that, the effected party will likely have to be in a position of power to force their expulsion.

Jim Irsay has been arrested over DWIs and possession of schedule IV drugs. He still gets to own his team.

Robert Kraft has been arrested for legit prostitution charges. He still gets to own his team.

A bunch of owners have faced tax evasion issues. Many still own their teams.

I believe the Panther’s former owner sold his team after investigations found that he sexually harassed his employees, but it does not look like we are quite there with our own specific investigation. Snyder would know why other owners have sold their teams. If he personally did something, I think he would have resisted an independent investigator much harder.

All we can do is play the waiting game, but I don’t think fostering a crappy environment is enough to give an owner a punt. There are true scumbags in owner’s chairs all over the league and nobody wants to throw stones when they themselves live in a glass house.

If and when that referenced incriminating evidence reveals itself however… Those other owners will turn into insatiable zombies.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, tshile said:

Sorry about that. 

No worries, I did a pretty lousy job trying to articulate my message. 

I've always had a strong tendency to want to play devils advocate and sometimes it gets me in trouble.

Combine that with my growing disdain for cancel culture and I often look more like a defender than someone who just wants both sides of a story before the internet fires burn an innocent building to the ground and there's nothing left but ashes to apologize to.

I do realize that snyder could be guilty and that intense pressure from the media and public may be the only way for these women to get justice.

I am a fan.  Not much can change that.  When an owner is this repugnant of a person, it is now getting to the point where I may have to change that.  That's why I think the NFL might actually do something this time.  If *I* am nearly willing to call it quits, then maybe the NFL will be as well.  This is disgusting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, robotfire said:

I am a fan.  Not much can change that.  When an owner is this repugnant of a person, it is now getting to the point where I may have to change that.  That's why I think the NFL might actually do something this time.  If *I* am nearly willing to call it quits, then maybe the NFL will be as well.  This is disgusting.

I am having a similar crisis of conscience.

This latest team calamity has seemingly crossed a moral Rubicon for me. It's gotten to the point where I feel unclean supporting this team, despite my love for it, because of the despicable and indefensible (imho) actions of its owner.

Edited by TrancesWithWolves
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Califan007 said:

This could go either way in my eyes...the contrast between Snyder's lengthy statement and the statements by Donaldson and Wright is stark and gives a glimpse of how this franchise could be without Snyder at the helm. At the same time, it shows that the people Snyder has now put in charge are apparently truly helping to right the ship and usher in a positive culture change, which is ultimately what the league wants.

The fact that there were separate statements by Snyder and the team is intriguing. It's very unlike Snyder's MO, which is to lay low and let others take the heat.

Does anyone know if he's returned from his epic yacht voyage yet? The statement and its circumstances conjure a picture of a guy pacing around the master suite alone in a bathrobe and swilling Crown Royal. Meanwhile, the league has effectively taken over the team--choosing both Jason Wright and the investigator looking into the complaints. In this scenario, Snyder has been told to shut up and stay away if he wants to remain, but he just can't help himself...

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, robotfire said:

I came here and used this account just to see who the heck is still posting outside this thread about football related subjects. Just goes to show how sick sports fan can be, at this point if you tune into the games to give them ratings much less attend games or buy merchandise you truly are an immoral person. You are supporting a monster, that has no respect for his wife, family, or woman. YOU CAN NOT SEPARATE THE TEAM FROM THE OWNER!!!

Edited by Gibbs828791
  • Confused 3

It looks like we can put to rest, at least for now, any hope that Goodell will conduct an independent investigation of Team Snyder. The WFT may have hiredhired counsel recommended by the NFL but they are essentially investigating themselves. "He who pays controls."

“An independent investigation into these issues is in process, led by highly experienced counsel recommended by our office,” Goodell said in a written statement. “We will continue to monitor the progress of this investigation and ensure that the club and its employees satisfy their obligation to give full cooperation to the investigators. If at any time the club or anyone associated with the club fails to do so, the investigating counsel has been asked to promptly advise our office and we will take appropriate action. When the investigation concludes, we will review the findings and take any appropriate action at that time.”

It remains to be seen whether or not the inquiry will be the typical corporate white wash or a true objective investigation with teeth.

The only weapon we have to influence this is to maintain public outrage. We can't let this story die. The status quo is unacceptable.

Edited by TrancesWithWolves

14 minutes ago, Gibbs828791 said:

I came here and used this account just to see who the heck is still posting outside this thread about football related subjects. Just goes to show how sick sports fan can be, at this point if you tune into the games to give them ratings much less attend games or buy merchandise you truly are an immoral person. You are supporting a monster, that has no respect for his wife, family, or woman. YOU CAN NOT SEPARATE THE TEAM FROM THE OWNER!!!

Soo....I’m an “immoral person” for watching my favorite NFL team on tv? LOL that’s laughable. I’m not going to just not watch my favorite team play games just because the owner is a piece of ****. Sorry. I think it’s a horrible take to say anyone who watches on tv is an “immoral person”. It’s possible to cheer for the players on the field while also thinking the owner is a horrible man. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Them having an agenda is irrelevant. All the WaPo is doing is investigative reporting, having an agenda doesn't make it all less true, an agenda just makes it easier shine a bright light on the truth. 

Dan's response was a huge mistake. It did not read like a person that was sympathetic towards his ex employee. He essentially denied everything and he might as well have said she was full of ****. 

I honestly don't even think this is the end of it. If Dan doesn't tap out and just continues to deny, I have a feeling it will anger some more of his ex employees who feel he's involved. 

I tend to disagree about news agencies today's not having an agenda.   All news seems to be agenda driven nowadays.

If the facts support their agenda then great but too many times people see things that aren't there only because they want to see them.

• Like 2

There's a difference between having an agenda and having evidence. If a newspaper has evidence of foul play then they either suppress it or publish it, based on their "agenda" i.e. the wishes of whoever owns the paper. In either case, the evidence still exists. The agenda just determines whether you get to hear about it now, or years later.

Now if you say papers either distort facts or just make stuff up to suit their agenda, then that happens a lot too. But if you're trying to say *in this case* that the Post is making stuff up then there's a lot of explaining to do about the statements of dozens of witnesses, the physical existence of a video, and several people coincidentally losing their jobs or quitting when the stories started to be published. You're free to choose not to believe any of it just like you're free to decide that grass isn't green, the sky isn't blue and up is in fact down, no matter what people with a gravitational agenda tell you.

• Like 1

Since this is in the stadium and its diverted onto political conversation too many times this will be my last comment in here on the subject. 

The news is supposed to have one agenda only and that is to present the facts and let the American people decide how they want to interpret those facts to form their own opinion.

The news too often now uses the article to shape the readers opinions sometimes using facts and sometimes bending the truth so that the reader comes to the conclusion that the writer desires.

A perfect example was how the narrative of redskins being bloody scalps was used, they mixed in some facts and some outright lies but they definitely had an agenda and would stop at Nothing to make sure you came to the conclusion that they wanted you to, and that included making sure they never referenced any of the facts that would oppose their narrative. 

This is the agenda driven media that both sides of the political spectrum use and im just tired of it.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, dyst said:

The whole “Washington Post” has an agenda is such a cop out. Reminds me of the “they are jealous of our freedoms” bs

In this day and age, every piece of disparaging reporting about someone/something one likes is considered 'fake news'.  

When my new golf shoes show up at the door and my wife says "this looks like a shoe box", I'm just going to say "fake news" and see how that works.  I'm afraid this only works for billionaires though.

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

In this day and age, every piece of disparaging reporting about someone/something one likes is considered 'fake news'.  

When my new golf shoes show up at the door and my wife says "this looks like a shoe box", I'm just going to say "fake news" and see how that works.  I'm afraid this only works for billionaires though.

what if you take your shoes out and fill it with pencils... is it then a pencil box, or does it retain it's original purpose? 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, redskinss said:

No worries, I did a pretty lousy job trying to articulate my message. 

I've always had a strong tendency to want to play devils advocate and sometimes it gets me in trouble.

Combine that with my growing disdain for cancel culture and I often look more like a defender than someone who just wants both sides of a story before the internet fires burn an innocent building to the ground and there's nothing left but ashes to apologize to.

I do realize that snyder could be guilty and that intense pressure from the media and public may be the only way for these women to get justice.

I personally hear you, and also am someone who has big issues with aspects of "cancel culture" and that "mob mentality" you talk about. To me, extremes on either side are the enemy. 

That said, you have something here that goes way beyond that.  You have years and years of this, a mountain of circumstantial evidence that builds up more and more all the time. The results on the field speak for themselves, but it's the quality of human being this man has revealed himself to be over and over and over again that's pretty easy to see at this point. Even as recently as the statement he put out vs. the statement of Julie Donaldson and Jason Wright. The differences between those statements underscores everything. 

There's nothing "innocent" about him at this point. There's just SO much to back that up. The video thing is hearsay as far as him demanding it, but ... based on that story, it's clearly the most "Occam's Razor" choice. Two heavily produced videos in two separate years are not going to be made by Larry alone or some kid editor. If they wanted those shots for themselves, they would've just grabbed them. You've got two separate people from different years saying they were told by different people, one of them Larry, that the videos were ordered by Snyder. I personally believe it because it makes the most sense. Hopefully some more people flip, just like more people flipped based on the last story. Believe me, there's more coming. 

• Like 4

Sally Jenkins from radio this morning: "I've talked to a coach in the league who doesn't want him to go anywhere, because it's two easy wins a year." 

He's "a joke" to almost all the other owners. 

She's just not sure they'd be "brave enough" to do what needs to be done. 

"If there's a change in ownership, I don't think it's going to come from a public muscle move from the other owners, because I don't think they want the food fight." 

But there you go, that's the head of our beloved team. 

Edited by Dissident2
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

There are true scumbags in owner’s chairs all over the league and nobody wants to throw stones when they themselves live in a glass house.

Been saying this for awhile as well...owners are very aware of where the bar is located for being forced to sell the team. They're aware of setting it lower than they'd want set for themselves.

And they're definitely not gonna set it lower than they'd like because they don't like him or think he's a joke.

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 1

So, my scenario above appears not to be entirely the case, since Dan is back in town. It would appear, though, that Dan is taking advice from the league office now, and who know how much force is behind those "recommendations."

It's clear that the league is intervening more actively than I recall them doing. I think Dan's in hot water here.

Doesn't mean he's a goner, but it does mean that the others consider him a problem now and not just "two easy wins a year."

Edited by profusion

I’ve been a member of this board for a long time.  Since I owned season tickets for the first time at the same time that Snyder took ownership of the team I saw first hand (although said he was a fan first) that his focus seemed to be solely on making money.  And then many stories came out from long term employees about what a douche bag Snyder was.  About the way he treated people.  It was fairly obvious from pretty early on that the guy was no good.  Oh and there was the losing on the field.  And lots of it.

I can’t tell you how many people criticized me and others here that brought up the fairy obvious ****ty way in which Snyder was ruining our beloved pro football franchise.  There were MANY retorts from posters here (a few still here....many long gone) about how people who were critical of Snyder were wrong and, my personal favorite, telling people to go be a fan of the Eagles or Giants or Cowboys. 

Well if you defended Snyder, you were wrong.  Snyder is a horrible owner.  And he always has been.  To all of those that said Oh he’s changed.  You were wrong.

I know it will never happen but I feel like there are a lot of people who if they are honest with themselves owe people like myself an apology.  Snyder is a terrible owner.  If you thought he wasn’t or criticized those who recognized this previously you were wrong.    

• Like 2