Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

5 minutes ago, bh32 said:

Maybe she told Dan that she wanted to be involved to keep his ass from making stupid decisions..well that's what i'm hopping anyway..

Maybe.  But more likely Dan's new tactic to defend himself especially about allegations about women is to tie himself publicly to his wife and pretend that they've been a tag team this whole time.   Hey if its been Dan and Tanya working together as a tag team this whole time, how could Dan have done anything sleazy with women if Tanya is running the team simultaneously with Dan?  

If its Dan and Tanya ruling the kingdom as a team ala William And Mary then no way Dan can be complicit in any of this stuff.  Next we will hear that it was Tanya who pulled the trigger on the McNabb trade and she instigated the bowling sessions with RG3. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Maybe.  But more likely Dan's new tactic to defend himself especially about allegations about women is to tie himself publicly to his wife and pretend that they've been a tag team this whole time.   Hey if its been Dan and Tanya working together as a tag team this whole time, how could Dan have done anything sleazy with women if Tanya is running the team simultaneously with Dan?  

If its Dan and Tanya ruling the kingdom as a team ala William And Mary then no way Dan can be complicit in any of this stuff.  Next we will hear that it was Tanya who pulled the trigger on the McNabb trade and she instigated the bowling sessions with RG3. 

I think just recently she has requested to be involved,but who knows it could all be a ploy.

12 minutes ago, bh32 said:

I think just recently she has requested to be involved,but who knows it could all be a ploy.

She has basically never ever ever come up before, in relation to the team’s day-to-day, except in regards to her work with the NFL’s breast cancer awareness stuff. Of course it’s a “ploy”, it’s a PR move and it only started a month or two ago around the time the first article was hitting, I pointed it out then and have brought it up a few times since. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

She has basically never ever ever come up before, in relation to the team’s day-to-day, except in regards to her work with the NFL’s breast cancer awareness stuff. Of course it’s a “ploy”, it’s a PR move and it only started a month or two ago around the time the first article was hitting, I pointed it out then and have brought it up a few times since. 

I guess we will all find out..I just hope he has grown up and let the people in charge now do there jobs..I'M actually excited to see what this current front office and coaching staff can do..It's been a long time since we have had this kind of professionalism as far as coaches and front office.

1 hour ago, bh32 said:

..Im not saying he is a good guy,but i don't think he a creepy perv either.

Stop saying things like this. You have no idea.  Let me refer you to this post I made earlier:

2 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

This is weird to say because even as far as reclusive rich guys go, we really don’t know ANYTHING about Snyder the person, on the whole. 

Not to relate Snyder to him directly, but just as an example of how little we know about public figures—the much more publicly available Bill Cosby completely hid his crimes and hushed his victims for decades, though there were whispers among those in the know, until it all finally came out. Most people were beyond shocked.

Again, not to compare the potential transgressions in any way. 

The point is that your arbitrary layman’s opinion from the outside (like all of us) that you don’t “see him as a womanizer” (or anything else, setting aside the fact that that’s not really what he’s being accused of at all, but just for argument’s sake) means absolutely nothing at all. Less than nothing.

We can’t know anything about the private lives of any public figure...much less so about a reclusive isolated billionaire who works to stay off the radar and never puts himself in the spotlight on purpose. To act like we have any sort of reasonable feel for Snyder at all, beyond what we know about his penchant for football-related badness and his general rep as an insecure prick...it’s illogical. You know nothing about this guy, really. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, bh32 said:

Seriously, are you the worlds worst forum plant to boost the owner?

So far in the just the last two pages of this thread you've said Tanya requested to be more involved(despite no one else in the world knowing that), that a billionaire trying to prostitute out his cheerleader is okay if you dont say the word sex, that really its okay because a man wanted to have sex with her, and that it doesnt matter how many women come forward because its old news.

• Like 1

Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

Stop saying things like this. You have no idea.  Let me refer you to this post I made earlier:

Fair enough..just like we don't know the posters on this very board who are accusing Dan of sexual harassment aren't actual pervs or sexual offenders themselves or have never made a comment about a woman..I guarantee everyone on this board has made a sexual comment about a women in there head or out loud..Everyone has done or said stupid **** at one point in there lives..Were talking 16 years ago that Dan made a comment to a cheerleader.. 

1 minute ago, Peregrine said:

So far in the just the last two pages of this thread you've said Tanya requested to be more involved(despite no one else in the world knowing that), that a billionaire trying to prostitute out his cheerleader is okay if you dont say the word sex, that really its okay because a man wanted to have sex with her, and that it doesnt matter how many women come forward because its old news.

Oh please..im not boosting ****..get off your high horse..tell me you never talked **** to woman so i can call you a ****ing liar

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

I never said for a fact Tanya requested to be more involved..i said i hoped she did to keep Dan from making stupid decisions. Dan isn't going anywhere unless they can prove that he committed a crime and what these women are saying ain't gonna get it done.So either you can hope that he has straightened up and stick around or you can leave..Lets all face it we are stuck with the guy for now.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

So there are some here that take the cynical route. How shameful is it for Tonya to be the ride and die for her man and Help protect the families legacy. How dare she. Some of you need to wise up. 

Notice I did not use profanity. Thats what you call self control. Use It.

• Like 1

No one criticized Tanya unless I missed a post on it.  It's just pretty apparent that Dan in his 21 years never talked up owner decisions and it was him and Tanya in tandem.  Now everything just about is he and Tanya.  You don't have to be a rocket scientist to pick up that its orchestrated and relevant to the current stories.  

Does it comes off like a PR stunt?  Yep to me it does.  Was it instead Tanya strong arming Dan to do it?  Maybe, no way to know.  But either way IMO no matter how much Dan does the he and Tanya statements in relation to the current investigation, I don't think it is relevant to that matter at hand considering the Dan-Tanya speaking as one narrative wasn't in play back then as to these stories.

As for people here being cynical about Dan.  Of course there is cynicism.  We got diehard fans here who have lived through every Dan story over the years and remember them well.  This isn't the first one.   He's not a new owner.  We got a 21 year reign.  And the dude hasn't earned the reputation of being one who takes the high road and is the most sound decision maker. 

Maybe he will be vindicated in all of this, will see.  But I don't think he automatically  deserves the benefit of the doubt.   I've given Dan the benefit of the doubt plenty of times over the years and it burned me each time.  I've done the rap that Dan has changed.  But, I am done with doing it.    2014 was my last hurrah defending him. 

I defended Dan left and right during the Shanny years only to learn later i was wrong.  That's my last run of defending Dan.  Now he has to prove it to me before I trust his side of things.  If anyone feels differently, that's cool.  To each their own.  

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

No one criticized Tanya unless I missed a post on it.  It's just pretty apparent that Dan in his 21 years never talked up owner decisions and it was him and Tanya in tandem.  Now everything just about is he and Tanya.  You don't have to be a rocket scientist to pick up that its orchestrated and relevant to the current stories.  

Does it comes off like a PR stunt?  Yep to me it does.  Was it instead Tanya strong arming Dan to do it?  Maybe, no way to know.  But either way IMO no matter how much Dan does the he and Tanya statements in relation to the current investigation, I don't think it is relevant to that matter at hand considering the Dan-Tanya speaking as one narrative wasn't in play back then as to these stories when they supposedly happened.

As for people here being cynical about Dan.  Of course there is cynicism.  We got diehard fans here who have lived through every Dan story over the years and remember them well.  This isn't the first one.   He's not a new owner.  We got a 21 year reign.  And the dude hasn't earned the reputation of being one who takes the high road and is the most sound decision maker. 

Maybe he will be vindicated in all of this, will see.  But I don't think he automatically  deserves the benefit of the doubt.   I've given Dan the benefit of the doubt plenty of times over the years and it burned me each time.  I've done the rap that Dan has changed.  But, I am done with doing it.    2014 was my last hurrah defending him. 

I defended Dan left and right during the Shanny years only to learn later i was wrong.  That's my last run of defending Dan.  Now he has to prove it to me before I trust his side of things.  If anyone feels differently, that's cool.  To each their own.  

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Does it comes off like a PR stunt?  Yep to me it does.  Was it instead Tanya strong arming Dan to do it?  Maybe, no way to know.  But either way IMO no matter how much Dan does the he and Tanya statements in relation to the current investigation, I don't think it is relevant to that matter at hand considering the Dan-Tanya speaking as one narrative wasn't in play back then as to these stories.

Dan Snyder seemed like he was in a jovial mood on Monday afternoon at FedExField when he made small talk from his suite with a group of reporters, including SI.com. 

Perhaps that was before he found out this news?

Or maybe it was because as he said in another statement that it was his idea along with his wife, Tanya, that the NFL take over the investigation, "so that the results are thorough, complete and trusted by the fans, the players, our employees and the public.”

Just the fact that Dan Snyder has issued three or four different statements in the last two months is crazy. 

Maybe it's convenient for Snyder to say what he did?  He wants it to appear a certain way. Maybe it was the  NFL thinking about their stance from last week or perhaps  just gave into criticism that they weren't doing enough? 

Just because someone says something doesn't mean it's the exact truth. I've heard that Snyder has enjoyed taking some public victory laps recently despite the NFL pulling all or must of the strings. 

Think about many of the major decisions the Washington organization and Snyder have had to make. Do you really think he changed the name on his own volition? Of course, not. So why should we absolutely believe this? It could be true. It could be smoke and mirrors. 

For some reason, I had no issue with what the NFL said last week when I am usually very critical of their operations and standards. 

Maybe it's because as we've repeatedly said for many years - the NFL is angry and then some at Dan Snyder and his organization that he helped run into the ground. 

Why? I don't believe it's because  they care all that much about the alleged victims. They do care about image and constant criticism from the media and fans. 

They also care very much about the abysmal failure the franchise has been and still is from a financial and image perspective. 

The bottomline is this: The NFL and owners look at Washington as not only a top-10 city & potential cash cow but having a strong representative of their shield and brand in a politically driven city is of extreme importance. 

Snyder and his leadership over the years has ruined that for the shield. 

Still, "fully supportive" is the right thing to be, as new President Jason Wright said late Monday. 

We'll see where this goes from here. I wouldn't expect a super quick resolution but when it ends - don't be surprised if you see an enormous fine AND perhaps a league imposed suspension of Snyder. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/washingtonfootball/news/the-nfl-takes-over-dan-snyder-wft-workplace-investigation

I think it's a cowardly man hiding behind his wife who, at least through any reporting I've seen over the years, is a nice lady and cancer survivor. She's someone he can attach to now in the hopes of quelling SOME of the criticism he's earned. 

I know that sounds harsh and cynical, but he's given me nothing else to go off of other than to believe all the circumstantial evidence that's out there. I don't need to see a text from Dan Snyder to Larry Michael stating "Larry, it's Dan LOL don't forget to get me the cheerleader video ASAP, k bye!" to believe that he was either behind it or aware of it. And if he was, he should never run another organization again. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

From Keim...

Washington has renamed a main road into FedEx Field after late safety Sean Taylor and changed the name of the road leading into the practice facility to Joe Gibbs Drive. Taylor was killed in 2007; coaches and teammates say had just started that season to become the consistent dominant safety many had predicted. Many current safeties say they idolized him. Gibbs coached Washington to four Super Bowl appearances and three titles during his first stint and two playoff appearances in his second one.

Edited by arftech

3 minutes ago, arftech said:

From Keim...

Washington has renamed a main road into FedEx Field after late safety Sean Taylor and changed the name of the road leading into the practice facility to Joe Gibbs Drive. Taylor was killed in 2007; coaches and teammates say had just started that season.

I wasn't aware that they changed the names of the roads, good on them.

That last part I put in red, can anyone translate?  I've re-read it over and over and don't get it unless he meant to say "say he had just started reaching his potential that season" or something like that.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

That last part I put in red, can anyone translate?  I've re-read it over and over and don't get it unless he meant to say "say he had just started reaching his potential that season" or something like that.

Ok, so I wasn't the only one lost on that part 😆

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Fixed it.  Thanks

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

On twitter It’s a link to an article which the sentence expands, the full sentence being “coaches and teammates say had just started that season to become the consistent dominant safety many had predicted”. 

• Like 2

Just now, arftech said:

Fixed it.  Thanks

Oooh, thought you were quoting Keim.

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

On twitter It’s a link to an article which the sentence expands, the full sentence being “coaches and teammates say had just started that season to become the consistent dominant safety many had predicted”. 

Thank you, sir, that clears it up!

• Like 1

Mike Garafalo on just now.  Two main points

A.  He hears it wasn't Dan who drove the NFL to take over the investigation and laughed about him taking credit for it.

B.  Early on he didn't think there was any chance Dan could be removed, now he thinks its at least a possibility

C. Richardson actually had some influence with fellow owners yet he was pressured out.  Dan doesn't have Richardson's influence

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2