Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

42 minutes ago, profusion said:

If I had to guess, it's probably more like Snyder knowing that certain of his underlings were engaged in scandalous and possibly illegal behavior. Now, if someone like Bruce Allen did a document dump at the Post, this might end up being "here's a whole bunch of really bad things you didn't know about Dan Snyder." In that case, he might want to stay out there in international waters for awhile. :lol:

Danny = Warden 

Brucifer = Andy Dufresne

4 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I just have no interest in rooting for a team with such a person at the top.

I feel the same actually. Been a fan for almost 40 years. At this point, the Redskins of my youth are a completely different team, product, and culture than what we have had here for 20 some years. It's much easier to walk away from this team now than it ever has been. I dont know what I'm going to do. I really have not cared much over the last few years. Just going to wait and see what happens. If the news is bad enough,  Roger Goodell could step in and force a sale of the team. Who knows.

1 minute ago, SprintBomb said:

I feel the same actually. Been a fan for almost 40 years. At this point, the Redskins of my youth are a completely different team, product, and culture than what we have had here for 20 some years. It's much easier to walk away from this team now than it ever has been. I dont know what I'm going to do. I really have not cared much over the last few years. Just going to wait and see what happens. If the news is bad enough,  Roger Goodell could step in and force a sale of the team. Who knows.

I have become a fantasy football fan. I root for my players. Not sure that will ever come close to filling the void, but it's a start.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, profusion said:

The Post and the team have probably been going back and forth on this for at least a week. 

The bottom line is that few complex stories are ever 100 percent airtight. There are undoubtedly anonymous sources being used, and those sources have to be given the option of backing out. The Post has to find alternate sources if any have backed out. If the story implicates criminal misconduct, the paper has consider the possibility of getting dragged into a criminal investigation and prosecutions.

Lots to deal with. Entire legal practices are built around this.

Totally agree.  Will add that the Post routinely breaks bombshell stories in the government and political realms, and their team is as experienced with this kind of thing as literally any organization in the world.  They brought down Nixon for chrissakes, Danny Snyder is like an appetizer for them.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

So when’s this story dropping? I’m getting tired of waiting. Feel like a kid on Christmas Eve. 

It says quite a lot, I think, that most fanbases would be waiting IN DREAD if there were rumors that an EXTRAORDINARILY negative story about their entire organization was about to be published .... and we are all like THIS IS IT YOU GUYS HOORAY!!!!!!!!

• Like 4
  • Haha 10
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

It says quite a lot, I think, that most fanbases would be waiting IN DREAD if there were rumors that an EXTRAORDINARILY negative story about their entire organization was about to be published .... and we are all like THIS IS IT YOU GUYS HOORAY!!!!!!!!

We're so traumatized :(

Just now, A Skinhead in Saints Land said:

Regardless if the WaPo article drops or not, shouldn’t this be enough smoke to warrant an investigation by the NFL?

"Some dudes on twitter all said a article that never got published was sad and disappointing, and also that the team that fired all its staff was toxic." "What else was there to the story?" "Another guy on Twitter said a friend's brother saw an ex-player said something on a video chat." "Is there anything else that actually backs up this story with actual evidence?" "No." "Okay, sounds good, start the investigation lol"

4 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

My brother just sent me this. Not sure if it’s been posted yet.

0B9AFAE6-B15B-4F24-B5DB-7F2FB9878CDA.jpeg.f82eade1134f81673286df958d1acc7c.jpeg

This obviously isn’t credible but some of the stuff has been rumored already 

Wow. 

Would be crazy if 1/5 of that is true. 

Mind as well throw in devil worship and hunting humans. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

some of the stuff has been rumored already 

The entire thing is just a recap of the last 24 hours on Twitter. I'm waiting to see the report before even thinking about the substance any further. The people who obviously know aren't talking. A bunch of Twitter randos posting rumors isn't credible.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1