Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The "Re-Opening" the Economy Thread

kfrankie

Wondering how long it's going to be (or maybe "how long ago it happened" might be more accurate) before we have employers ordering employees to not wear masks at work, to keep from offending the Trumpers.  

• Sad 1

Gretchen Whitmer is approaching Hillary levels of obsession in the right wing. Their is no parallel for the disdain right wingers have against smart, competent women. Sarah Palin is the highest level of female intellect that is acceptable.

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Gretchen Whitmer is approaching Hillary levels of obsession in the right wing. Their is no parallel for the disdain right wingers have against smart, competent women. Sarah Palin is the highest level of female intellect that is acceptable.

You just had to pour gasoline on that dark horse VP talk for her didn't you?

SoggyDifferentIriomotecat-size_restricted (1).gif

• Haha 3

Probably the most perplexing of all these protestors stances is that it’s all a hoax to screw Trump.  As if Trump wasn’t the one who shut the economy down to begin with. It really goes to show you how the majority of his clan lives in a little bubble.  The entire earth is apparently in on this hoax to screw Trump.  Sheesh.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, spjunkies said:

Man, I wish I could find out how many of those clowns are going to get sick. 

All of them at this rate. 

They are least likely to avoid places they may get this just because they might have it.  I'm convinced that leader in NC knew she had it and was hoping she could help with herd immunity to help further get this over with. Video cams showing evidence of folks walking in neighborhoods intentionally touching door handles in this country.

Karma is a restaurant still open for customers with no menu to pick from because you get served what you deserve. 

All of them at this rate.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, Larry said:

Needs more chloroquine. 

Ftfy.

😁

18 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Karma is a restaurant still open for customers with no menu to pick from because you get severed what you deserve. 

I will have the guillotine. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Haha 3

Oh quit worrying. 

in November we can just vote and all these people will become reasonable and stop behaving like this. Before you know it the birds will be singing and everything will be right back to normal. Have no fear. if Trump loses, obviously all of these law-loving patriots will snap their fingers, say "aww shucks" and will put up their guns and be content to wait four years for another try.

right?

Sure. Everything's gonna be just fine.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 2

i'm just putting this here as an example of one governor's (and the other involved of course) approach in a simple outline form

haven't scrutinized  it yet or even have an opinion in the quick read i gave it other than it struck me as more open-leaning than i expected, but then there's flexibility to adjust as needed...the main thing i noted was how they're trying hard to fine tune to each county as makes sense to them guided by medical data and rates/incidents standards, for however anyone sees that approach 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/inslee-signs-safe-start-order-to-reopen-washington-in-phases/ar-BB13AMQQ?ocid=hplocalnews

13 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

i'm just putting this here as an example of one governor's (and the other involved of course) approach in a simple outline form

haven't scrutinized  it yet or even have an opinion in the quick read i gave it other than it struck me as more open-leaning than i expected, but then there's flexibility to adjust as needed...the main thing i noted was how they're trying hard to fine tune to each county as makes sense to them guided by medical data and rates/incidents standards, for however anyone sees that approach 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/inslee-signs-safe-start-order-to-reopen-washington-in-phases/ar-BB13AMQQ?ocid=hplocalnews

It mostly seems like a rational plan outside there is nothing tied to testing in a meaningful way. It says counties less than 75,000 with no new cases in 3 weeks can accelerate the phases. But out of what kind of testing? If i only test one person or no people then vi can meet the criteria. I am not sure honestly what that looks like. But I bet you could look at people coming to the doctor/hospital for the same symptoms as corona but before the virus and develop a predictor number from that. For example if the were an overage of 100 people in the last 3 week period pre Covid 19, then you say there must 50% negative tests over that 3 weeks. Something to make a more data driven answer.