Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The "Re-Opening" the Economy Thread

kfrankie

46 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Judging by the traffic on Old Keene Mill Rd, you’d think the economy was back open.

Just had a wisdom tooth pulled yesterday and was looking for ice cream on lunch earlier The line to turn into chic fil a was out of the parking lot and several hundred yards down the road. 

I don't know if they just opened or what. I kinda assumed their CEO must have dropped a gay slur or something and all the radical LU people were lining up to hand over their money in support. Traffic has been dead on that road recently. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Just had a wisdom tooth pulled yesterday and was looking for ice cream on lunch earlier The line to turn into chic fil a was out of the parking lot and a several hundred yards down the road. 

I don't know if they just opened or what. I kinda assumed their CEO must have dropped a gay slur or something and all the radical LU people were lining up to hand over their money in support. Traffic has been dead on that road recently. 

Local Chick fil A manager told me their sales are up even with the inside closed. Said normally 75% of their business was drive thru.  

Doesn't seem worth the risk to be ordering fast food from these places. Those tellers are touching so many people's cards and cash. Better to get carry out from higher end restaurants that switch out gloves with every carry out meal and have less traffic coming through during the day.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fresh8686 said:

Doesn't seem worth the risk to be ordering fast food from these places. Those tellers are touching so many people's cards and cash. Better to get carry out from higher end restaurants that switch out gloves with every carry out meal and have less traffic coming through during the day.

Do people not wash their hands before eating (right now)? 😕

Edited by The Evil Genius

21 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Do people not wash their hands before eating (right now)? 😕

I don't trust people to maintain good hygiene, especially at a fast paced job like working a drive-thru at lunch time. That person is exchanging germs with so many different types of people and then handing your bags to you. Personally I try to carefully remove food from the outside bag without touching them, discard the bag, wash my hands and then deal with the food. But, I doubt most people do that. They're digging into their waffle fries as soon as they get them.

• Like 1

I kinda had to dig in a couple weeks ago in my car...Popeyes is in front of the grocery store, and I didn't want to go shopping hungry (and high). 😏 Killed half of a spicy chicken sandwich with extra pickles. That's the only fast food I've had.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Yeah, I haven’t eaten fast good since this thing started.

I have been craving a Crunchwrap, tho.

i ate at the first time at chickafil this past wednesday.  it was okay.  Didn't have to see something until i picked up the order. Didn't have to give them my card either since they let you swipe the card on your own. 

7 hours ago, Die Hard said:

Just curious.... is it also legal to point your weapon at someone?

Brandishing a firearm?  I'm in Virginia, I'm sure some legalize can get you out of it with the right lawyer, but I did that, I'd expect to go to jail, shot if I did inside a state legislature building. My goodness if I was at the Jefferson Memorial right now on Federal grounds. I can't speak for Florida and their rediculous stand your ground laws.

Edited by Renegade7

9 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Brandishing a firearm?  I'm in Virginia, I'm sure some legalize can get you out of it with the right lawyer, but I did that, I'd expect to go to jail, shot if I did inside a state legislature building. My goodness if I was at the Jefferson Memorial right now on Federal grounds. I can't speak for Florida and their rediculous stand your ground laws.

Wow, I had no freaking clue what brandishing a firearm meant. lmao This was an education. Thank you all!

I guess I always thought of handguns. And I just assumed that legal handguns on your person, with a permit, even if it was visible.... would still have to be holstered. At least lawfully.

I'm still processing that people can walk around with rifles in their hands, fully loaded and ****ed.... in public areas, let alone government buildings.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fresh8686 said:

It's not different than buying food anywhere else or going to any other store. Unless you have self check out at a grocery store, cashiers are doing the exact same thing. 

• Like 1

Fast food is fine. Just warm your stuff up in a microwave, disinfect your card, bam, you're done.

I mean, you could be a paranoid mess like my brother, and put pizza boxes in the oven on 400° and nearly burn your house down. I wouldn't recommend it.

Get your fix.

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I mean, you could be a paranoid mess like my brother, and put pizza boxes in the oven on 400° and nearly burn your house down. I wouldn't recommend it.

i believe the flashpoint of a standard pizza box is around 450 degrees.  Your brother may not be as dumb as you think.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Hersh said:

It's not different than buying food anywhere else or going to any other store. Unless you have self check out at a grocery store, cashiers are doing the exact same thing. 

My wife and I are high risk for different reasons so we have someone do our shopping for us and they use self checkout. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

i believe the flashpoint of a standard pizza box is around 450 degrees.  Your brother may not be as dumb as you think.

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

How do you think I figure it out.....

Burning books?

• Like 1

i don't really care about the reade accusation conflicts in the other thread but i want this pizza box issue resolved

someone's a damn liar or an utter fool

either way you're gold here

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, Jumbo said:

i don't really care about the reade accusation conflicts in the other thread but i want this pizza box issue resolved

someone's a damn liar or an utter fool

either way you're gold here

The auto-ignition point of paper/cardboard (where it will burn) is around 450F.

https://www.quora.com/Can-I-put-a-cardboard-pizza-box-in-the-oven