Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The "Re-Opening" the Economy Thread

kfrankie

try to view today's smerconish episode---as genuine, honest, intelligent, fair, and as close to a "true independent" for a media pundit as i think you can get overall---it has a lot of good material and presents an outline of an approach  endorsed by a number of fact-based sources looking for what should both be important goals with urgency----protection for the vulnerable, period, while still reopening the economy in the smartest most immediate but safest possible manners

getting it out ot the 100% partisan political dem v gop frame so many put it in

i'm not being supportive of everything said, though i can align with much of it,  just recommending it as decently balanced quality input to use in thinking

p.s.--the episode also includes a look at the reade allegations/biden response (remember there's a thread for that)

Inside the Risky Race to Reopen Nevada’s Brothels  

>>>When Nevada began shutting down in early March to help control the spread of the coronavirus pandemic, the state’s legal brothels stayed open. As late as March 17, a day before Governor Steve Sisolak ordered all non-essential businesses closed, the Nevada Brothel Association (NBA) issued guidelines on how to keep operating—safely. ...<<<

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jumbo said:

try to view today's smerconish episode---as genuine, honest, intelligent, fair, and as close to a "true independent" for a media pundit as i think you can get overall---it has a lot of good material and presents an outline of an approach  endorsed by a number of fact-based sources looking for what should both be important goals with urgency----protection for the vulnerable, period, while still reopening the economy in the smartest most immediate but safest possible manners

The one show I catch every weekend. 

• Like 1

hopefully there's a flood of top-rated country performers giving free concerts....

(i don't mean any part of that, it's awful, i even like country ok---it's the same as hip hop as far as i can tell---but dammit someone's got to be wlling to sacrifice themselves when it's really on the line and not just sit safe in their hidey hole)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I can definitely see a way to get a couple hundred people spaced out in a field for a concert...summer night, couple of local bands, couple of food trucks.  Space em out and keep it chill.  Probably be real good for the economy.

But, you can’t just open up every theater in Branson.  Yakov Smirnoff will have more blood on his hands than Pol Pot.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I can definitely see a way to get a couple hundred people spaced out in a field for a concert...summer night.  Space em out and keep it chill.  Probably be real good for the economy.

Yeah, I remember being spaced out in a field for a concert...I think it was the Grateful Dead.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

At a Chicago rally where hundreds of protestors demanded a rollback on coronavirus restrictions, a woman was photographed carrying a sign bearing the words “Arbeit Macht Frei, JB,” apparently referring to Illinois Governor JB Pritzker, who comes from a prominent Jewish family.

The Auschwitz Memorial Museum, the organization that maintains the former concentration camp in Poland, replied to the photo via Twitter, calling the phrase one of the “icons of human hatred,” and saying it was “painful to see this symbol instrumentalized [and] used again to spread hate.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/carlieporterfield/2020/05/02/nazi-slogans-at-coronavirus-lockdown-protest-draws-rebuke-from-auschwitz-museum/

And from the Twitter thread with that photo of the clown with the Confederate flag above I see the photoshop wizards are taking the photos of protestors with their assault weapons and replacing the guns with giant dildos.

😂

Edited by Corcaigh
  • Haha 2