Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The "Re-Opening" the Economy Thread

kfrankie

18 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Hasn't VA been declining since 4/27? If so, wouldn't we be entering Phase 1 on Day 18 of decline? It seems OK to me to PLAN to open on May 15. We know that if there's suddenly a spike or upward trend we can pivot and change those plans. Unless you wouldn't want any plan declared until we've seen 14 consecutive days? 

As for testing, I'll need to do more research on that one. 

Here:

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america/virginia

If you scroll down through the charts you can see the confirmed infections continues to rise (although estimated infections is declining).  Deaths continue to rise.  Testing is increasing.

• Like 1

Cops arrest armed men, Texas bar owner who violated order to close

Cops in western Texas said they arrested a bar owner and a group of armed men Monday after they violated the state's order.

Ector County Sheriff Mike Griffis said during a news conference Tuesday that his officers were alerted that the owner of Big Daddy Zane's in West Odessa, Texas, opened her bar even though Gov. Greg Abbott's reopening plan explicitly mandated that bars remain closed. When officers arrived, they saw six men in body armor and armed rifles standing outside the establishment, according to Griffis.

"This was not a protest of their second amendment rights. It was a show of force to ensure this lady could violate the governor’s order," Griffis told reporters.

The officers arrested the owner and charged her for violating the governor's orders and arrested the armed men for having weapons on a licensed property, Griffis said. The owner will be fined, according to the sheriff.

odessa-arrests-3-ap-rc-200505_hpEmbed_11

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, China said:

Here:

If you scroll down through the charts you can see the confirmed infections continues to rise (although estimated infections is declining).  Deaths continue to rise.  Testing is increasing.

Below says FL plans to not report. Does anyone know if this impacts the numbers posted above? I think SC as doing something similar. If so, then the data above is incorrect at best. Misleading for sure. 

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/495295-florida-ordered-coroners-to-stop-releasing-coronavirus-death-data-report

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, China said:

Cops in western Texas said they arrested a bar owner and a group of armed men Monday after they violated the state's order.

Ector County Sheriff Mike Griffis said during a news conference Tuesday that his officers were alerted that the owner of Big Daddy Zane's in West Odessa, Texas, opened her bar even though Gov. Greg Abbott's reopening plan explicitly mandated that bars remain closed. When officers arrived, they saw six men in body armor and armed rifles standing outside the establishment, according to Griffis.

"This was not a protest of their second amendment rights. It was a show of force to ensure this lady could violate the governor’s order," Griffis told reporters.

The officers arrested the owner and charged her for violating the governor's orders and arrested the armed men for having weapons on a licensed property, Griffis said. The owner will be fined, according to the sheriff.

So when Antifa did it without weapons they were terrorists but this is "patriotism" (not defending Antifa, do not agree with their methods either)? Kind of like when a certain black man dared take a knee in protest at a football game he was a traitor to our country but these people are "patriots"? 

The hypocrisy is bad on both sides but seems to be part of the DNA for being a trump supporter. I was going to say many republicans do not support this and is why I said trump supporters, but silence is complicity. So if you are not speaking up against it, then you must believe it's OK. Or you are just a ****ing coward. Probably both. 

Edited by goskins10

31 minutes ago, China said:

Here:

OK, but taking a step back and looking at this with zero bias...

If estimated infections is declining, isn't that the only true apples-to-apples metric we have? Confirmed cases will naturally rise if testing is increasing, right? 

The OBX is opening to non-residents on May 16. Restrictions and social distancing rules will still be in place...

https://www.pilotonline.com/news/vp-nw-obx-reopens-20200506-qp7q4ateeva6lktqk4rj7zdpgi-story.html

As of today Dare County has 14 confirmed COVID patients and 1 death.  Currituck County has 5 confirmed cases and zero deaths.

Edited by Dan T.

2 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Hasn't VA been declining since 4/27? If so, wouldn't we be entering Phase 1 on Day 18 of decline? It seems OK to me to PLAN to open on May 15. We know that if there's suddenly a spike or upward trend we can pivot and change those plans. Unless you wouldn't want any plan declared until we've seen 14 consecutive days? 

As for testing, I'll need to do more research on that one. 

Still going up with an occasional small  dip in the 5 day rolling average. 

https://www.insidenova.com/news/special/coronavirus/virginias-reported-covid-19-cases-climb-past-20-000/article_002af08e-8ed6-11ea-a05f-a7d2b6226bd3.html

Edit, China beat me to it. 

Edited by PleaseBlitz

3 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

@TheGreatBuzz

you should get a custom mural of some road-warrior/apocalypse theme on it

add some hellish plague-infested landscapes with people doing scary end-of-days stuff and some section devoted to zombies too---make it a mix

So like this then?

Michigan man in infamous Capitol rally photo calls protest 'awesome'

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, China said:

odessa-arrests-3-ap-rc-200505_hpEmbed_11

Guess they arent hardened cop killers after all.

15 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Doing my part for the economy.  >$100k.  Was supposed to pick it up like 2 months ago.

Camper Pic

So that government check you received was the difference I see. Did you thank donald!  LOL  

Nice Camper. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

@TheGreatBuzz

add some hellish plague-infested landscapes with people doing scary end-of-days stuff and some section devoted to zombies too---make it a mix

In other words, take a photo from the next Extremeskins moderator meeting.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Jumbo said:

@TheGreatBuzz

I've always wanted a painting of a dark castle bathed in moonlight.

Too rich for my blood though

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jumbo said:

@TheGreatBuzz

The fact that it has the burgandy stripes was not an accident. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don't know about you, but I can't wear my sunglasses with a mask.  When I breathe out the mask redirects my breath around the mask (including up) which fogs my sunglasses.

Edited by China
fix spelling error
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1