Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

So I drive into a plaza… and I’m looking for a parking spot… and I see this car. I’m not sure if the person is pulling out and driving in.

Would you believe it was a park job? No one in the car. Somebody parked like this… blocked half the lane and congested traffic.

56A4390F-196C-4DB6-8327-74C772E318FD.jpeg

• Haha 4

35 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

So I drive into a plaza… and I’m looking for a parking spot… and I see this car. I’m not sure if the person is pulling out and driving in.

Would you believe it was a park job? No one in the car. Somebody parked like this… blocked half the lane and congested traffic.

I believe it.  Just the other day I came home and there was someone parked blocking my driveway, which was odd because there was an open parking space directly in front of them if they had just driven forward 5 feet.  There was a woman in the passenger seat.  I knocked on the window and told her she was blocking my driveway.  She said she was sorry and was leaving soon.  I told her I don't care and you can't block someone's driveway.  She called her boyfriend who came over from whatever nearby business he was in and I told him the same thing, pointing out that he could've just pulled forward a few feet and not blocked my driveway.  People are so self-centered and entitled that they think they can do whatever without repercussions.  

Edited by China
  • Thumb up 2

8 hours ago, China said:

I believe it.  Just the other day I came home and there was someone parked blocking my driveway, which was odd because there was an open parking space directly in front of them if they had just driven forward 5 feet.  There was a woman in the passenger seat.  I knocked on the window and told her she was blocking my driveway.  She said she was sorry and was leaving soon.  I told her I don't care and you can't block someone's driveway.  She called her boyfriend who came over from whatever nearby business he was in and I told him the same thing, pointing out that he could've just pulled forward a few feet and not blocked my driveway.  People are so self-centered and entitled that they think they can do whatever without repercussions.  

When La Pupuseria is open across the street, people block my driveway constantly, which is the only thing I've asked of my neighbors to NOT have happen.  I took video of it last weekend.  As it is, I park at the very end of my driveway so people don't park in it.  Probably gonna buy some cones/cinderblocks this week. 

It's on. 

3 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

When La Pupuseria is open across the street, people block my driveway constantly, which is the only thing I've asked of my neighbors to NOT have happen.  I took video of it last weekend.  As it is, I park at the very end of my driveway so people don't park in it.  Probably gonna buy some cones/cinderblocks this week. 

It's on. 

On weekends the Birria Taco joint down the street is responsible for people doing this.  We bought some cones already, but I hadn't put them out because this wasn't a typically busy day/time and accordingly, as I said, there was a parking space open they could've used which makes it all the more irritating.

I feel your pain.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Die Hard said:

Someone has to go pee really bad…

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Die Hard said:

In case anyone's wondering, Die Hard's junk got in the way while he was trying to take a photo and pee on the car parked halfway in the lane.

Edited by Spaceman Spiff
  • Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

In regards to hiring, I get it, Covid turned things upside down in a lot of respects.  Right now, a **** ton of people want to work from home, and that's fine.  I do too. 

Some people have even gone as far as to maximize their income by getting TWO work from home, full time jobs.  This sounds exhausting as you probably have two computers and have to keep hopping back and forth between jobs throughout the day.  Have to hope that meetings don't get put on your calendar for the same time, managing your Linkedin and only showing one job when job #2 wants you to update it with your new information...I mean, it seems to be a lot of trouble.  But if you don't have a soul and a conscience, the potential payoff could be worth it.  Two incomes!

However, I would advise anyone trying this to NOT MENTION THIS IN AN INTERVIEW PROCESS. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

In regards to hiring, I get it, Covid turned things upside down in a lot of respects.  Right now, a **** ton of people want to work from home, and that's fine.  I do too. 

Some people have even gone as far as to maximize their income by getting TWO work from home, full time jobs.  This sounds exhausting as you probably have two computers and have to keep hopping back and forth between jobs throughout the day.  Have to hope that meetings don't get put on your calendar for the same time, managing your Linkedin and only showing one job when job #2 wants you to update it with your new information...I mean, it seems to be a lot of trouble.  But if you don't have a soul and a conscience, the potential payoff could be worth it.  Two incomes!

However, I would advise anyone trying this to NOT MENTION THIS IN AN INTERVIEW PROCESS. 

If you want to work two jobs from home... become a contractor and work on a contract of getting the job done and not hours worked.

4 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

One of my friends is working two jobs at once, he actually had three at one time, but dropped the third one, ****ing crazy.  One is remote and based out in mountain time, other is more local, also remote.   

• Like 1

Whenever I read one of @MartinC’s posts, I always imagine him saying a five letter word that means female dog at the end. I don’t know why.

example

There is a whole thread on the subject of the new OC. Feel free to add your thoughts there, ****.

No need for a new thread on this topic - and if there was it would need a lot more substance than this, ****.

• Haha 3