Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

People who grow up in VA tend to be ignorant of how good they have it with the Chesapeake bay. Lynhaven oysters, rockfish, and blue crab are best in class. Best in the world. And most people in Va seem to be completely clueless of this. 

Marylanders seem to know this. I grew up in VA but my dads family is from DC/MD.

this important aspect of heritage was passed down to me. But most people I know in Va are clueless about it. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tshile said:

People who grow up in VA tend to be ignorant of how good they have it with the Chesapeake bay. Lynhaven oysters, rockfish, and blue crab are best in class. Best in the world. And most people in Va seem to be completely clueless of this. 

Marylanders seem to know this. I grew up in VA but my dads family is from DC/MD.

this important aspect of heritage was passed down to me. But most people I know in Va are clueless about it. 

I take it you've been doin' some boatin'...:D

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I take it you've been doin' some boatin'...:D

Hah no my boats for surfing and wakeboarding. And it’s too cold. I don’t want to re-winterize it

but I’m in Florida on work trip and eating their seafood at these places and every time I go somewhere else in the country and get seafood I’m reminded just how awesome the Chesapeake bay is. 

I absolutely grew up crabbing on trautlines though 

if you haven’t had huge crabs running around the bottom of your little metal John boat, trying to not get pinched and step on them, you haven’t lived 

Edited by tshile
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

23 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

What that booty do

It go poo poo pooowu

7 hours ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Woof.

I hear the baying of the hounds

in the distance

i hear them devouring

Slipknot are a bunch of clowns. Just awful music

Edited by Fan since a Fetus
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

****ing weekend projects around the house are never straightforward. It’s never just one trip to the hardware store. Oh no, that’s be too easy. Nope, gotta go back once more, maybe twice. 

**** you, Bob Vila. 

you seem to always find some worse behind what you intend to fix. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

****ing weekend projects around the house are never straightforward. It’s never just one trip to the hardware store. Oh no, that’s be too easy. Nope, gotta go back once more, maybe twice. 

**** you, Bob Vila. 

Hey, I thought I was "Da Chick" the other day because I believed I had fixed a small drip from my kitchen faucet (on top, not under the cabinet)...

Not so fast...noticed a couple drops coming out today and I'm like, "F!!!" 

In the grand scheme of things, not a big deal at all...but I really wanted to feel that accomplishment, because I caught it before it got worse (I've had to change toilet guts by myself without an issue...standard Naval training :ols:...the last thing any sailor wants is a non-working john, especially underway).   I haven't had to deal with a kitchen issue by myself yet, and thought I had it.  I'll try one more time, then I probably still won't call for help.  ;)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, China said:

Fun fact:  the English inch, was originally defined for instructional purposes as the length of 3 medium-sized barleycorns placed end to end (about 2.54 cm).

Another one:  your forehead is 4 fingers.

edit:  there's no way to make that sound better.  I tried...

Edited by skinsmarydu

On 3/4/2023 at 6:25 PM, skinsmarydu said:

Hey, I thought I was "Da Chick" the other day because I believed I had fixed a small drip from my kitchen faucet (on top, not under the cabinet)...

Not so fast...noticed a couple drops coming out today and I'm like, "F!!!" 

In the grand scheme of things, not a big deal at all...but I really wanted to feel that accomplishment, because I caught it before it got worse (I've had to change toilet guts by myself without an issue...standard Naval training :ols:...the last thing any sailor wants is a non-working john, especially underway).   I haven't had to deal with a kitchen issue by myself yet, and thought I had it.  I'll try one more time, then I probably still won't call for help.  ;)

A typical fix for this is to replace the washer on the stem of the faucet. Youtube depending on single/double handle faucet...

• Thanks 1