Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

Eating all this cold food due to dental work has reduced me to 162.2, lowest since 162.2 in 4/19/2024!

I can feel the belly fat shrinking. Next goal is 160. Then 158. Then we keep going down from there.

Very exciting.

And, yes, I did go from 162 to like 167 just off a 4pc of fried chicken. Shocking.

image.gif.e36ac61c6d04b9395dfde496d8690b29.gif

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

Has anyone ever gotten a survey from Nielsen?  I got one today with a $1 bill inside, with a promise of another 5 if I send in the survey (prepaid envelope), so I did it. 

One copy in English, one in Spanish.  They wanted to know what genres I watched in each language in the last month. 

(It wasn't addressed directly to me, just "resident of XX neighborhood".)

They still do that?  They chose our household back when I was in elementary school.

14 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

Has anyone ever gotten a survey from Nielsen?  I got one today with a $1 bill inside, with a promise of another 5 if I send in the survey (prepaid envelope), so I did it. 

One copy in English, one in Spanish.  They wanted to know what genres I watched in each language in the last month. 

(It wasn't addressed directly to me, just "resident of XX neighborhood".)

I use to get these every year. My brother signed up for it long ago n the folks at Neilsen were relentless. I never filled out the surveys but I pocketed the crisp dollar bills they sent every time. 🤣

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ixcuincle said:

you damn kids, didn't know butter chicken on pizza was a trend

I was just in the San Francisco area earlier this month for business, and on one of the days we got lunch from an indian pizza place that made these curry pizzas.  I ordered their Chilli Paneer pizza, but they do sell a Butter Chicken pizza.

Just looked the place up and I see they're opening a location in Ashburn.

https://currypizzahouse.com/locations/

Edited by PokerPacker
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Insurance company practices are foul. They keep calling my mom with Alzheimers and getting her to change her health insurance over the phone. They got her twice in a month. Then when I call to fix it, they give me the runaround saying "we don't show a legal representative on her account".  Of course you don't, you're doing this mess over the phone with a dementia patient.  Idiots. I'm her legal power of attorney already, I'm the one they should be dealing with to begin with.  

• Sad 3

I went to Costco yesterday and they sold these shorts for 10 dollars. Couldn't resist, but once I got home these size 34s were tight. I mean they fit but there's "No room to breathe". Again I'm not trying to wear booty shorts here so I'll go back today and exchange for a larger size.

Am I wrong for doing so? I have nobody else living with me here so I am not attuned to fashion trends. Baggy, loose pants or tight pants?

6 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

I went to Costco yesterday and they sold these shorts for 10 dollars. Couldn't resist, but once I got home these size 34s were tight. I mean they fit but there's "No room to breathe". Again I'm not trying to wear booty shorts here so I'll go back today and exchange for a larger size.

Am I wrong for doing so? I have nobody else living with me here so I am not attuned to fashion trends. Baggy, loose pants or tight pants?

From someone who’s married and loves the female body, go tight pants. I use to where baggy and my wife never said anything. Wore baggy cargo shorts.

i was around her and her friends for a get together and they all said how much they hate baggy clothes on guys. 

i learn things my wife likes and dislikes by having other people around. I asked my wife why she didn’t tell me she didn’t like my clothes and she said that she just wanted me to be comfortable.

i wear tighter clothes now and definitely get more looks my way.

I have a hard time wearing Costco clothes. Nine of them ever fit properly

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

From someone who’s married and loves the female body, go tight pants. I use to where baggy and my wife never said anything. Wore baggy cargo shorts.

i was around her and her friends for a get together and they all said how much they hate baggy clothes on guys. 

i learn things my wife likes and dislikes by having other people around. I asked my wife why she didn’t tell me she didn’t like my clothes and she said that she just wanted me to be comfortable.

i wear tighter clothes now and definitely get more looks my way.

I have a hard time wearing Costco clothes. Nine of them ever fit properly

but it's not comfortable 

I have loose pairs more comfortable but at the Nats game I kept having to hike my pants up. might need to use my belt more 

Edited by ixcuincle

2 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

but it's not comfortable 

I have loose pairs more comfortable but at the Nats game I kept having to hike my pants up. might need to use my belt more 

i think it’s fine. But you should be comfortable with the way you look. It makes it easier. Plus, I rather my wife think I look good……giggidity giggidity

24 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Live look at ix after taking fashion advice from ES Redskins.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952dbnyfg974586a684j7

I'm not wearing booty shorts outside

And to be fair these pants do go to the knees. Growing up wearing shorts above the knee was not a good look for males

Females on the other hand...

2 hours ago, justice98 said:

Insurance company practices are foul. They keep calling my mom with Alzheimers and getting her to change her health insurance over the phone. They got her twice in a month. Then when I call to fix it, they give me the runaround saying "we don't show a legal representative on her account".  Of course you don't, you're doing this mess over the phone with a dementia patient.  Idiots. I'm her legal power of attorney already, I'm the one they should be dealing with to begin with.  

That’s brutal. Sorry you have to deal with that.

2 hours ago, justice98 said:

I would be going ballistic.  You should file a complaint to your state insurance regulator.  I'm not an expert in this area of law, but I would also consider setting it up so your mom does not have the legal ability to change her own insurance and everything has to go through you.  You will probably need to hire a lawyer for that.  

2 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Anyone else done a lidocaine intravenous injection? Apparently that's what my VA appointment was for. 😂

20240523_092630.jpg

Yup.  They used it on me during the worst of my kidney stones.

...enjoy.

• Thanks 1