Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

I ended up keeping both my tight shorts because they're a good fit but the swimsuit I could not do

The larger one is much more comfortable. I'm looking forward to swimming on the west coast :)

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

What is butter chicken?

I see this was answered. If you are ever interested in Indian food, maybe you already are, man I don’t know, butter chicken is a great place to start. Pair it up with a veggie samosa and a mango lassi for a meal of deliciousness. 

I used to hate Indian food without trying it. Those 3 things got me started. I still get them all the time as well. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

I see this was answered. If you are ever interested in Indian food, maybe you already are, man I don’t know, butter chicken is a great place to start. Pair it up with a veggie samosa and a mango lassi for a meal of deliciousness. 

I used to hate Indian food without trying it. Those 3 things got me started. I still get them all the time as well. 

We have a new Indian spot open up near us a few months ago. A bit on the pricey side, but we ordered butter chicken and lamb kabobs. We split the dishes. The lamb kabobs were unremarkable, but the butter chicken? It was insanely delicious. 

However, if you want to get your socks blown off by some great Indian food, go to Rasika in DC. Best restaurant I’ve been to.

This is coming from someone who is not all that into Indian food. 

Edited by Ball Security

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

I just made this yesterday: Got the Sukhi's Tikka Masala at Costco, poured both bags into a pot, added a can of chickpeas, added a can of coconut milk (full fat),brought it to a boil, turned it off to let it cool & then vacuum sealed a bunch of 1 person servings. Oh, and ate some for lunch yesterday. All in ~$20 for 9 servings. My wife isn't wild about any Indian food so I make big batches of different curries & freeze them in single servings. Next on the list are veggie samosas using puff pastry. 

image.png.c6184343a87b9c286870a3867c81c07f.png

Edited by EmirOfShmo
  • Thumb up 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, EmirOfShmo said:

I just made this yesterday: Got the Sukhi's Tikka Masala at Costco, poured both bags into a pot, added a can of chickpeas, added a can of coconut milk (full fat),brought it to a boil, turned it off to let it cool & then vacuum sealed a bunch of 1 person servings. Oh, and ate some for lunch yesterday. All in ~$20 for 9 servings. My wife isn't wild about any Indian food so I make big batches of different curries & freeze them in single servings. Next on the list are veggie samosas using puff pastry. 

I’m going to try that. For samosas I use the following recipe. The only thing I will add is to let the potato mixture sit in the fridge for 24 hours or so. Let all those flavors mix together

Delicious Samosas yum yum

1 hour ago, Ball Security said:

We have a new Indian spot open up near us a few months ago. A bit on the pricey side, but we ordered butter chicken and lamb kabobs. We split the dishes. The lamb kabobs were unremarkable, but the butter chicken? It was insanely delicious. 

However, if you want to get your socks blown off by some great Indian food, go to Rasika in DC. Best restaurant I’ve been to.

This is coming from someone who is not all that into Indian food. 

I’ve never liked lamb kabobs. butter chicken is always great as long as it’s not overcooked and doesn’t just taste like tomato sauce

Edited by Fan since a Fetus
  • Like 1

Butter chicken is good but its cliche Indian good. There are way better and more unique dishes to try. But its a good place to start.

I'll second Rasika in DC. Bombay Velvet in Reston is also excellent.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EmirOfShmo said:

I saw this at Costco yesterday but I can't eat any hot food for now

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

I’m going to try that. For samosas I use the following recipe. The only thing I will add is to let the potato mixture sit in the fridge for 24 hours or so. Let all those flavors mix together

Delicious Samosas yum yum

I’ve never liked lamb kabobs. butter chicken is always great as long as it’s not overcooked and doesn’t just taste like tomato sauce

I did add about a teaspoon of garam masala to it. Then at the end I added chopped fresh cilantro. 

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Butter chicken is good but its cliche Indian good. There are way better and more unique dishes to try. But its a good place to start.

I'll second Rasika in DC. Bombay Velvet in Reston is also excellent.

Fun fact about Rasika (the one on M st in the West End):  Butter chicken is not on the menu, but they’ll still make it for you if you ask. 

Also, get one order of chaat for every 2 people, it is amazing. 

What is this "I can't put my shoes on" thing? 

And leakproof underwear?  TO PUT IN YOUR WASHING MACHINE???  HAVE YOU PEOPLE LOST YOUR DAMN MINDS?!!? 

I'm waaaaaay post-menopausal, so no issues there. 

I'm open to discussion, but damn...who would throw a pile of pee in their washer? 

• Like 1

Hearing about the history of the formulation of today's holiday is very interesting  and was enlightening to me.

It was in reaction to the end of the. civil war that the first time an event was held in observance it was mainly a large crowd of black women celebrating the union soldiers who had lost their lives or were injured.

There were more evolutionary steps over the next few years.

• Like 1