Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

I had ACL & LCL reconstruction done end of January this year, 14 years ago I had ACL reconstruction and some meniscus repair on my other knee. I was 26 the first time and 40 now. 

It's crazy how far medical recovery has come in that 14 years. I'm 8 weeks out and walking with a limp without crutches, the first time I was still on crutches and working on weight bearing. I'm floored with how fast and how much smoother this has been especially at an older age and being less active prior to surgery. I'll be able to resume light cardio in another four weeks and back to full activity six months from surgery. The first time it was one year to full activity, medical improvements are neat to see in places you don't really think of them. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Being rescued. 

Awesome. 

On the other side of life, getting a fraud alert isn't so good.  Bank has to issue another card, and my Chewy and phone bill were in the mix.  I ****ing hate this.  Time to be creative, get cash and a "gift card" to pay **** by phone.  

It's just a little humiliating.  I'm normally flawless.

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Awesome. 

On the other side of life, getting a fraud alert isn't so good.  Bank has to issue another card, and my Chewy and phone bill were in the mix.  I ****ing hate this.  Time to be creative, get cash and a "gift card" to pay **** by phone.  

Don't beat yourself up. It happens to us all. I've had it happen twice in the past 12-18 months. One time I had a Disney+ recurring charge that I caught in month 2. WTF? 

Be careful with gift cards. The info on the card is easily stolen while it's still hanging in the store. Then when it's activated by you the card is available to the peeps with the card info. My SIL got my wife one for Christmas last year. When my wife went to use it it had $0.28 on it out of $50. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

Awesome. 

That's not a you thing. My parents have two cards, and really only one they use. They also may be the most financially literate people I know, and their PenFed card got compromised like 4 times in the span of six months. It happens, it's just super inconvenient. 

• Sad 1

That moment when you slowly and calmly explain how and why you feel someway about something to your Wife in a way its pretty obvious you're using the documents recommened by the marriage counsoler so your Wife starts smiling then breaks into laughter when you're done because you're actually trying...

• Haha 1

This tweet is hilarious and the preview here doesn't do the photo justice.

20 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

I'm old but I've never gotten back into vinyl. Nor do I really care too. For those who do/are...what am I missing?

Vinyl is fun.  I've got my collection to a point where I'm pretty satisfied with where it is, I've got most of my favorite albums and don't really need anything else. 

People love to talk about how it sounds better.  I'm not an audiophile but they do sound really nice.  But for me, a large part of it is being able to listen to a whole album completely without skipping around from track to track.  Yes, you CAN skip tracks but it's kind of annoying to do so, I'd rather just listen to the whole thing instead.  Plus the albums themselves are like pieces of art, it's nice to have something big and tangible to look at.

While my collection is pretty strong, it's also nice to go flipping through records to see what else is out there.  I bought a used John Lee Hooker album for like 7 bucks on a whim last year, turns out it was fantastic.  I wouldn't have come across it any other way.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Vinyl is fun.  I've got my collection to a point where I'm pretty satisfied with where it is, I've got most of my favorite albums and don't really need anything else. 

People love to talk about how it sounds better.  I'm not an audiophile but they do sound really nice.  But for me, a large part of it is being able to listen to a whole album completely without skipping around from track to track.  Yes, you CAN skip tracks but it's kind of annoying to do so, I'd rather just listen to the whole thing instead.  Plus the albums themselves are like pieces of art, it's nice to have something big and tangible to look at.

While my collection is pretty strong, it's also nice to go flipping through records to see what else is out there.  I bought a used John Lee Hooker album for like 7 bucks on a whim last year, turns out it was fantastic.  I wouldn't have come across it any other way.  

Kind of amazing an old technology seeing a renaissance. Vinyl outsold cds last year, for the first time since  the late 80’s.  Also, think today’s vinyl are better made.

Edited by 88Comrade2000
  • Like 2

Well it has taken me almost 5 years, but I finally saw my first client for a session yesterday. Felt good. He's an 8 year old kid in South LA. Hoping this internship goes well and I can earn all my hours somewhat quickly and without any drama.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

In the settings menu of my android messaging app there is an option to "enable delivery toast".  I could google it, or even make an edumucated guess, but I will choose to believe that if I click to enable an amazon drone will fly by my house and shoot pieces of toast at me.

...given that belief, I am now looking for the "enable delivery rum" setting.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Jabbyrwock said:

In the settings menu of my android messaging app there is an option to "enable delivery toast".  I could google it, or even make an edumucated guess, but I will choose to believe that if I click to enable an amazon drone will fly by my house and shoot pieces of toast at me.

...given that belief, I am now looking for the "enable delivery rum" setting.

I will assume that Amazon will deliver me a glass of bourbon, and the driver will also have one,* and when he hands me mine, he’ll clink my glass and say “to PB!”

*I’m not saying it’s a good idea. 

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Haha 5

😔

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/def-leppard-rick-allen-injured-florida-attack-1234698193/

Rick Allen was attacked by a 19-year-old man outside of his hotel in Florida over the weekend, according to a Fort Lauderdale Police report obtained by Rolling Stone.

Max Edward Hartley — an Ohio resident visiting the Fort Lauderdale area — was arrested and charged with two counts of battery, four counts of criminal mischief, and a count of abusing an elderly or disabled adult after lunging at the musician “at a full run” while outside of the Four Seasons hotel.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

My next door neighbor buys/sells vinyl online (his retiree job). He said he made $20k last year. He also has a soundproof room upstairs with a $10k turntable (I can see the window covered with soundproofing). 

• Thumb up 2

4 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

And after all the bank card hoopla, now I've got a very big nail in my left rear tire.  The tire store across from the job has free air and I got home, but I see a new set of tires in my near future...that's a grand I didn't plan on spending this month. 

And now my cell phone is dead.  I swear...

• Sad 1