Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

Speaking of riffs, I just got back from a concert. Exodus opened, they were ok. Gary Holt is bad ass and blows away Kerry King much like Henneman did. 

Black Label Society came on second. Zakk Wylde is a fantastic showman and commanded everyone’s attention. Too bad his music has gotten boring. He’s the new AC/DC of the hard rock/metal world. I really liked his early stuff, but it all sounds the same to me. However, if anyone can have just feedback from their guitar and command the room for several minutes while wearing a skirt, is in fact a guitar god, even though I might disagree. 

Anthrax killed it. The newest song they played was Only. It was really surprising that they played it. I’ve only seen Belladonna era of Anthrax. The last concert I saw from them, they said that they would play from every era. My wife was super excited because she loves the John Bush era. They didn’t play anything from that time frame. She was really upset.

Tonight they stuck to all of their eighties music and one John bush song. The concert rocked! The best I’ve seen anthrax.

they said that the rest of the year they will be writing new music to be out in 2024.

I also read that Opeth are writing new material and Akerfeldt is really influenced by his early Opeth stuff. I may be dreaming, but something along those lines with clean vocals even, would be a godsend.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Captain Wiggles said:

My dog won't even eat on command. He looks at me like I'm trying to feed him poison. 🤣

My soon-to-be BIL's yellow lab is allergic to chicken. Some days he just can't be convinced to eat and he's still a huge dog.

4 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Arbys isn’t really food. 

Sir, this is a Wendy's. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, dfitzo53 said:

My soon-to-be BIL's yellow lab is allergic to chicken. Some days he just can't be convinced to eat and he's still a huge dog.

Sir, this is a Wendy's. 

Wendy's owns Arby's now, btw.  It's the Wendys/Arbys Group if you'd like to invest.

49 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I don't have any feelings towards Arbys, good or bad.  I was just referring to Michael Pollian's terminology for what certain fast food places serve, "edible foodlike substances."

And there's a paragraph as long as your arm of what's in the "beef". 

I had a client in early 2000s in Ohio who provided the roast beef to all of the Arby's. They dropped the contract in the 90s when beef prices skyrocketed & Arby's refused to re-negotiate due to the increase. The client lost a lot of money to fulfill the contract & then didn't renew with Arby's. 

2 hours ago, EmirOfShmo said:

I had a client in early 2000s in Ohio who provided the roast beef to all of the Arby's. They dropped the contract in the 90s when beef prices skyrocketed & Arby's refused to re-negotiate due to the increase. The client lost a lot of money to fulfill the contract & then didn't renew with Arby's. 

Did they also provide Hardee's, because their beef was the same (I was a manager for them in the 80s)?  

51 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Did they also provide Hardee's, because their beef was the same (I was a manager for them in the 80s)?  

Not sure. I never heard the CEO mention Hardee's. The company was Whiteford Food Products. It had just been purchased by another company - JNR in Rochester, MN - in 2002 when I was working with them. 

10 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

I thought it was one of the more boring halftime shows. The past two weeks, her forehead greeted me everywhere iwent. I thought maybe she was playing in the game. I thought it would be something big. 

I was expecting her hair to be done the same way as all the adds. Now that would have been something. Was Tom petty within the last five years? I think that one was the only one that stands out as being worse than this one in recent memory… The Weeknd show was even better it seems like… I don’t remember it but I don’t remember it being bad.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

2 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I was expecting her hair to be done the same way as all the adds. Now that would have been something. Was Tom petty within the last five years? I think that one was the only one that stands out as being worse than this one in recent memory…

I don’t even remember Tom Petty doing it. So, maybe it was that bad and I blocked it out of my memory….eeeek. My wife loved her hair in the commercials. I think they spent more time on her hair for the commercials than they did the choreography for the show.