Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

8 minutes ago, Larry said:

Stupid libs need to drop it with the fake news attacks on Trump.  He never once suggested injecting bleach.  

It's a respiratory disease.  You have to vape it.  

So that's why he wanted the flavored vapes back, to cover that bleachy taste. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Larry said:

Stupid libs need to drop it with the fake news attacks on Trump.  He never once suggested injecting bleach.  

The absolutely best thing is that Breitbart did indeed try to go this route and it's the amazing trainwreck you would expect it to be.

I'll save people from clicking and giving Reichbart ad-revenue by linking this incredible piece of mental jujitsu:

EWVsCwgX0AE1p2y?format=jpg&name=medium

Frame this and hang it in a museum.

Edited by No Excuses
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

You gotta remember how a cult works.  The cult leader has to constantly be coming up with outlandish claims and new revelations...the goofier and weirder, the better.

Why?  So that the cult members can rush to defend and legitimize these claims.  They are beholden to do so as a test of loyalty to the cult leader, who is infallible.  And as a side effect, they move themselves farther away from reality and ever deeper into the cult.

Trump’s “injecting bleach” deal was no different than that Kenneth Copeland thing from last week where he used the “wind of god” to blow away the virus.

Exact same mindset at play.

Edited by TryTheBeal!
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 6
  • Sad 1

I like that lol. On one hand, absolutely yes. But on the other hand, a republican said something different. Thats literally an entire political party right there hahaha. 

Also, Trump is going to do the lords work for us at this rate @Bang 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

There’s a UV light treatment for Lyme.

UV-light treatment for Lyme's disease is highly questionable and has like 0 actual good case studies supporting it, and the places that are pushing it are highly questionable:

Lyme's disease is not generally a blood based disease.  The bacteria that causes Lyme's disease will travel through the blood stream, but that isn't generally how it causes the illness (and in that sense it is like this virus).  The bacteria that causes Lyme's disease infects actual organs and if you have it in the organs that it infects removing it from the blood won't matter.  And after you stop, the bacteria in the organs will likely pretty quick repopulate the blood.

And pages like this:

http://www.oxygenhealingtherapies.com/UV_Reversing_Lyme_With_UV_Therapy.html

Are full of garbage.  The idea that treating a small amount of blood and creating reactive oxygen species in it is going to affect bacteria much living among organs without doing a corresponding amount of damage to your organs is highly doubtful.

(Your body has significant mechanisms against reactive oxygen species, but so do bacteria  Also by definition reactive oxygen species are reactive and so not long lived things.  They'll react quickly to make other things in the blood.)

If you have something like Plasmodium, which is what causes malaria and causes its disease mostly through things it is doing in the bloodstream, I could see UV-light treatment of the blood being useful.

And there's been a lot of actual good work on that, it appears:

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/?term=plasmodium UV-light treatment&pos=1

(Compared to essentially none for Lyme's disease.)

And while I'm just generally debunking bad ideas @zskins what you are doing is taking high levels of an antioxidant (and things like beta-carotene, vitamin E and, vitamin C are also antioxidants).  And while it is extremely difficult to overdose on an antioxidant and see short term damage every antioxidant that has been studied in depth taking high doses for long periods of time has been found have detrimental affects.  I don't think anybody has tested the stuff in garlic, but that doesn't mean its safe.

Smoking was originally considered good for you (and nicotine does have some positive impacts).  It wasn't until enough people had done it for enough years did people start to put together it actually causes lots of diseases.

https://www.livestrong.com/article/480352-the-effects-of-too-much-antioxidants/

For all of these antioxidants, for a while (and even still today), some have pushed that taking high doses was good for you.  When people have actually studied them, that's not been found to be the case.  I'd be surprised if the stuff in garlic isn't the same.

Edited by PeterMP
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, twa said:

at least they are alive....right?

I know it's a foreign concept for your type, but they actually do feel that way.  They have went leaps and bounds to transform their business to stay afloat and keep their employees safe.  This was a thriving restaurant with plans to build an outdoor stage and patio for live music this summer.  A restaurant they first opened in the spring of 2017 at a site that had seen owners come and go because they couldn't survive there.  Despite all that, they still have the ability to see further than their own dreams and recognize the magnitude of what's going on all around them.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

UV-light treatment for Lyme's disease is highly questionable and has like 0 actual good case studies supporting it, and the places that are pushing it are highly questionable:

No argument from me, I agree it’s a trash treatment. Just pointing out there is UV treatment idea/option out there.

psa breaking news weekend update

moderator solutions for members who become regular issues (which doesn't just mean accrued violations--read the rules) include being banned from a thread, or from the tailgate forum specifically, or of course the whole site

e.g.--both the people who stray into violating rule 5 in their comments and the people who may be assigned culpability for provoking and/or frequently participating in such back-n-forths, are candidates

i wish a healthy dose of competent self-assessment for the inflicted

• Like 1

5 hours ago, EmirOfShmo said:

He's a simpleton. That someone with so much high-end education can be so ****ing stupid is just amazing. It would be hilarious if it wasn't so tragic.

Yes, he's a simpleton (apologies to simpletons everywhere) but he's not very educated. There were accounts from a former professor about how bad a student he was and that he was a know it all not interested in reading or learning anything. Sure, there's no way to confirm this since the professor in question is dead. However, from the 3rd grade vocabulary to the mis-spelled tweets, to a million other blunders that someone who's ever read even a newspaper wouldn't make, it absolutely fits with everything we've seen of him before and during his time in the WH. Therefore, I don't have a hard time believing it. Aside from that, he needed his brother to pull strings to help get into Wharton which wasn't nearly as competitive then as it is now.

I'm quite certain that W. was laughing his ass off when Tя☭mp got elected because [in best W. voice] "Heh, heh, now I won't be the dumbest POTUS ever anymore."

3 hours ago, twa said:

Anyone suggested using Oleander extract to him?

stay tuned.......

You've gone on about the UV stuff and now this. You willing to go on record about the major gist of his claims, i.e. injecting or ingesting disinfectants? Are you trying to go big and test it out on yourself? Somehow, I sincerely doubt you're willing to go that far for your lord and savior. Call me crazy.😉

• Like 1