Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

35 minutes ago, twa said:

Funny how perceptions matter

Take the VA hydroxychlorquine "study" for example....

it ignored major factors and conditions in the patient samples and treatment and would never pass peer review.

at least according to Dr Raoult.

Assuming you've correctly represented the tweet, it is funny to hear somebody claiming another study wouldn't pass peer review who has stated he doesn't have the time to conduct good studies (e.g. with controls) that would be necessary to pass peer review and minimize issues with biases in his own work.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I was thinking about that in the store today before there was a run on it.  If it's not pneumonia but more like blood clots in the lunges, I'm not sure how what I do to deal with the flu or other stuff I've been sick from will matter. I was already suspect, but better then nothing.

I don't want to waste my time getting the wrong thing, but wait too long and it be gone, need more info, blood thinners are nothing to play with, and we'd run out if we took them waiting to see if we get sick, unsustainable and probably dangerous if done wrong. 

i personally take garlic pills and put cinnamon on my oatmeal. Both are natural blood thinners without any side effects. 

More recommendations here: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/322384

I take these garlic pills as I have done a lot of research on the active ingredients and who has the most potency. I came down with the cold two days ago. No running nose or sneezing. Whjy?  I take 6-8 of these in a day! There is no such thing as too much with natural stuff. Garlic also helps with viral infections as well. 

Edited by zskins
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, PeterMP said:

Assuming you've correctly represented the tweet, it is funny to hear somebody claiming another study wouldn't pass peer review who has stated he doesn't have the time to conduct good studies (e.g. with controls) that would be necessary to pass peer review and minimize issues with biases in his own work.

What is funny is anyone accepting either as fact.

of course one is actually treating people and the other is reviewing medical records.

49 minutes ago, zskins said:

There is no such thing as too much with natural stuff. 

That’s simply not true. 

Drink too much water.

Eat too many bananas/broccoli.

Eat a lot of carrots.

Take in too much sunlight.

Too much fiber.

Eat too many spices.

Even stuff that can be beneficial can be detrimental.

Although too much dietary vitamin C is unlikely to be harmful, megadoses of vitamin C supplements might cause:
  • Diarrhea.
  • Nausea.
  • Vomiting.
  • Heartburn.
  • Abdominal cramps.
  • Headache.
  • Insomnia.
  •  

Same goes with everything (magnesium, potassium, and every other micro/macro nutrient).

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, JCB said:

I guarantee you that those "protest" bros have never actually read the Constitution of the Confederate States. Republicans gonna Republican.

You're probably right.  But I have to observe:  

1)  I haven't, either.  Although I understand that it was (intentionally) almost identical to the US, and I've read articles which discuss the few places they differ.  

2)  And I fail to see why you think it's important that they should have.  

1 hour ago, zskins said:

I take these garlic pills as I have done a lot of research on the active ingredients and who has the most potency. I came down with the cold two days ago. No running nose or sneezing. Whjy?  I take 6-8 of these in a day! There is no such thing as too much with natural stuff. Garlic also helps with viral infections as well. 

On a side note, I've been really lonely as no one seems to want to be near me these days. I can't figure out why. 

I kid I kid. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FanboyOf91 said:
uh oh

Seems like a strong take by the Prof.  It isn't even like Cumo seems be claiming that's the true infection rate.  That's just what their antibody test shows based on the samples taken.  Looking at his page, the Prof is essentially saying they might have sampling issues.  I don't think Cumo would deny that.  Very hard to get a true random sampling in somewhere like NYC right now.

21 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

That’s simply not true. 

Drink too much water.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/georgia-teen-dies-from-drinking-too-much-water-gatorade/

There is no such thing as the good that you can't have too much of.

Edited by PeterMP
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Larry said:

2)  And I fail to see why you think it's important that they should have.  

Because of their absolute insistence that they know history better than "the libs," and because of how badly they botch an argument it's important to be clear about. As in, it WAS about slavery.

2 minutes ago, JCB said:

Because of their absolute insistence that they know history better than "the libs," and because of how badly they botch an argument it's important to be clear about. As in, it WAS about slavery.

You don't think maybe you're making a bit of a leap from "wants the government to relax control measures" to "constitution of the confederacy"?

3 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

The GOP is who we thought they were.

4 minutes ago, Larry said:

You don't think maybe you're making a bit of a leap from "wants the government to relax control measures" to "constitution of the confederacy"?

Read the tweets in the post I quoted above yours. He specifically asks people to leave the confederate flags (and assault rifles) at home for the "optics", even though he "knows" that the Civil War was about state's rights, not slavery.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

New study in Time shows that almost every hospitalized patient had some form of an underlying condition. Diabetes and obesity are two huge factors, so that's not great for America, but big picture it is good news overall.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

That’s simply not true. 

Drink too much water.

Eat too many bananas/broccoli.

Eat a lot of carrots.

Take in too much sunlight.

Too much fiber.

Eat too many spices.

Even stuff that can be beneficial can be detrimental.

Although too much dietary vitamin C is unlikely to be harmful, megadoses of vitamin C supplements might cause:
  • Diarrhea.
  • Nausea.
  • Vomiting.
  • Heartburn.
  • Abdominal cramps.
  • Headache.
  • Insomnia.
  •  

Same goes with everything (magnesium, potassium, and every other micro/macro nutrient).

29 minutes ago, techboy said:

As @Die Hardnoted, this is a common but dangerous line of thinking. Here's another easy (if extreme) example...

Cyanide.

I guess my system can tolerate more than 4 pills a day when I need them. I meant that garlic doesn't have any side effects, well maybe bad breath and some digestive discomfort but at least it won't kill you if you eat too much. These pills don't even give you bad breath and I have not had any discomfort in my digestive system. Garlic can't kill you. 

When I Googled can too much garlic kill you this is what I got instead: When taken by mouth, garlic can cause bad breath, a burning sensation in the mouth or stomach, heartburn, gas, nausea, vomiting, body odor, and diarrhea. These side effects are often worse with raw garlic.

So certain natural stuff won't kill you. ;)

• Haha 1