Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

18 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

His removal will be the election. Save for the dumbest people in this country, it should be obvious to anyone with a brain that a reality TV celebrity shouldn't be in charge of matters of national life and death.

Sorry.  This isn't a Donald Trump problem.  And removing Donald Trump won't be a solution.  

This is a Republican problem.  And has been for 20 years.  

Edited by Larry
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

His removal will be the election. Save for the dumbest people in this country, it should be obvious to anyone with a brain that a reality TV celebrity shouldn't be in charge of matters of national life and death.

this hasn't really hit the midwest yet.  People think its a joke still.   once these states close down all operations, then they will feel it. 

I'm in the midwest.  It is here.  It is not reflected in the reported national numbers (I don't know why), but it is definitely here.  My hospital is like nothing I've ever seen right now.  

The daily tally of reported cases is basically meaningless at this point, and more a reflection of our inadequate testing than anything else . 

• Like 6
  • Sad 3

52 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:
This crisis isn't even close to over and the suggestion that the guidelines should be eased up is asinine. We are in for a long period of distancing.

This guy is going to get between 500,000 to 1,000,000 people killed in this country. Bank on it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

this hasn't really hit the midwest yet.  People think its a joke still.   once these states close down all operations, then they will feel it. 

It is 100% moving through the midwest. Reports from Ohio and MN suggest that its there are at a wider scale than the numbers say. There's also a growing epicenter in the South.

7 minutes ago, Larry said:

Sorry.  This isn't a Donald Trump problem.  And removing Donald Trump won;t be a solution.  

I agree but a Trump problem now is a Republican problem, considering they are now on a three year journey of a real life human centipede experiment. Any rejection of Trump at this point will come stapled to a down ballot rejection of the GOP as well, as we saw in 2018.

cbb77646974c19d314ac34f102d82b4a.jpg

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

when this virus is no longer center stage, there would be great benefit to the species at large for the non-sewage segment of our population to make revisiting the days of marie antoinette a thing

I'm down.  Gonna need some help though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

I agree but a Trump problem now is a Republican problem, considering they are now on a three year journey of a real life human centipede experiment. Any rejection of Trump at this point will come stapled to a down ballot rejection of the GOP as well, as we saw in 2018.

Nope.  It will be spun as a rejection of Trump.  Dismissed as "gee, he really got screwed by that virus".  Dismissed as "He was never a real Republican, anyway."  

They'll be back in power in 2-4 years.  And will do exactly the same thing again.  

Are you too young to remember W?  

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

trump admin feels it's ok to let a those people die that will die vs crippling the economy to further extent by playing it in a way that saves most lives but costs more business.....that simple... this is how they, and franklyy many folks in real or imagined positions of privilege/strength see the equation

they think the number of deaths in  the end (not concerned that much on just the many more sick who recover) is worth enduring rather than the extended damage to the economy and imagined weakening of their grasp on power and have all kinds of ways to justify that thinking,...i'm sure most of you can build some of their arguments in your mind

I was so excited to see this contribution to the thread.  I don't see very many posts from you about political issues that do not include your hope for executions of Republicans.  But, 5 minutes later I read...

19 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

when this virus is no longer center stage, there would be great benefit to the species at large for the non-sewage segment of our population to make revisiting the days of marie antoinette a thing

🤨

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

It would be interesting to revisit the neighborhood I briefly lived in near Gernantown, where many of them were racist/prejudiced towards me, my brother, and my friend.

When it comes to them and only them, I don't feel so bad. They lived in a bubble i(that street was all Asian (mostly Korean) n one of the more diverse places in the entire US.

Welcome to the real world

21 minutes ago, Larry said:

Sorry.  This isn't a Donald Trump problem.  And removing Donald Trump won;t be a solution.  

agreed with provisions---

don needs to be removed as a necessity but no, it's not a total solution...it's a necessary major step

even now, it's not "all republicans" that are "bad" and that needs to be remembered imv---now are all people accountable to some degree for what the organization they've supported has been and is (focusing on only the 'bad" of the party)...of course, as is always the case in human affairs per groups/individuals and how they reflect/embody the other 

finally, the core social issues that divide the usa into almost halves has been going on since we began as a nation, not just 20 years, and even restricted to more modern times the gop party and its pervasive rot has been substantial for at least a half-century

the dems have a ton of suck too, but far far better as a decent institution overall then the cosmic cesspool the gop ar large has been

8 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I'm down.  Gonna need some help though.

you would be one of the guys i'd want in the boat :)

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, mistertim said:

At first I was appalled that Rand Paul kept swimming in the pool and working out in the gym there when he had possibly been exposed.

Now I kinda wish he'd keep doing it. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, twa said:

Re Klobuchar

The former presidential candidate said in a statement posted on Medium that her family received test results early Monday morning and that her husband, John, is being treated at a hospital. She said that she hasn't been in the same place as her husband for the last two weeks and that she's outside the 14-day period for getting sick.

I still want Congress to install remote voting procedures just in case.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

even now, it's not "all republicans" that are "bad" and that needs to be remembered imv

OK, maybe distinguish between Republican voters, and Republican politicians.  But as to the "It's not all of them"?  

How many R's in DC did not just vote that publicly admitting to using diverted government funds as a club to bully a foreign government into making an illegal campaign contribution should not be punished in any way?  

How many did not vote for the GOP's deficit explosion, the instant they got power?  

How many GOP politicians have been willing to even call voter suppression laws what they are, let alone vote against them?  

How many have objected to gerrymandering their states?  

Donald Trump has been turning the entire Executive Branch into a personal bullying tool.  How many have done anything beyond maybe making a couple of tweets about how they're "deeply disturbed" (but will not do a single thing beyond that)?  

Or just to be more generic, when every single bit of news that comes out is greeted by a unanimous chorus of utter lies about the subject, has so much as one ever stood up and said "that's not true"?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, bcl05 said:

I'm in the midwest.  It is here.  It is not reflected in the reported national numbers (I don't know why), but it is definitely here.  My hospital is like nothing I've ever seen right now.  

The daily tally of reported cases is basically meaningless at this point, and more a reflection of our inadequate testing than anything else . 

My brother is in Columbus, Ohio and already laid off, trying to get a forbearance on his mortgage.

Stay at Home Orders are going to change peoples perspectives, maybe not their politics or overall intelligence, but this is already hitting everyone whether they know it or not.

48 minutes ago, Nerm said:

I was so excited to see this contribution to the thread.  I don't see very many posts from you about political issues that do not include your hope for executions of Republicans.  But, 5 minutes later I read...

🤨

first, i haven't posted what you accused me of (yes, details very much do matter in this)

nonetheless i do have a long and storied history of disappointing people of all demographics

you do not suffer in isolation there

fwiw, i usually choose words in exact fashion and in cases of this nature mainly to serve as venting and point-making with what i see as merited hardness of expression that's still more illustrative than literal, but as i say, even when totally heartfelt in the emo of the moment, putting expressions into actions are always subject to legal and other consequences

i obviously  am not one who thinks all republicans are bad at all (which would be stupid), but i think the institution overall has been more an ignorance-fostering disease pit for a very long time than a benign or even well-intentioned productive political engine promoting a more equal and just society

true, if anyone's been a loyal goper a long time they likely own some piece of the denial and lack of action to repair those long term issues, among other things...but there have been gopers in past leadership roles too that were pointing out some of their party's internal issues as identified, openly, since gwb at minimum...but they lost the battle in overwhelming defeat to the trumptista types going by the evidence of the steady gop support he's had in polls since day one no matter what...so there we go

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Hersh said:

This doesn't make sense. I'm not blaming rural hospitals or their staffs for their problems, I'm blaming white rural GOP supporters. 

Dave said the he was telling rural white voters in line to vote in Ohio that Trump wasn’t looking out for them, because Trump was looking out for rich people like himself (Dave Chappell).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, No Excuses said:

It's completely insane that he's talking about opening up society when there's more and more emerging evidence that outbreak centers are EXPANDING throughout the country. It's really, really sad to watch decades of intellectual rot in conservative politics play out in this crisis.

His yell about BORDERS this morning shows what he thinks the real threat is.

• Like 1