Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

18 minutes ago, Yohan said:

As far as Walmart or any other grocery store, people need to eat unless you are okay with people going Jeffery Dahmer. (but I do agree with your point)

My question is more to the application of the edict.  Something tells me if people had to abide by the 6 ft rule and queue up on Xs, they’d have less incentive to be there.

Admittedly, I’m already predisposed to think that most people are idiots AND self entitled so there’s that. 

3 hours ago, Nerm said:

I was so excited to see this contribution to the thread.  I don't see very many posts from you about political issues that do not include your hope for executions of Republicans.  But, 5 minutes later I read...

🤨

You say that like it's a bad thing.

I don't know if this has been posted or not because I've been out for long stretches but it's a scary, yet good read about what's going on at one Louisiana hospital.

A Medical Worker Describes Terrifying Lung Failure From COVID-19 — Even in His Young Patients

As of Friday, Louisiana was reporting 479 confirmed cases of COVID-19, one of the highest numbers in the country. Ten people had died. The majority of cases are in New Orleans, which now has one confirmed case for every 1,000 residents. New Orleans had held Mardi Gras celebrations just two weeks before its first patient, with more than a million revelers on its streets.

I spoke to a respiratory therapist there, whose job is to ensure that patients are breathing well. He works in a medium-sized city hospital’s intensive care unit. (We are withholding his name and employer, as he fears retaliation.) Before the virus came to New Orleans, his days were pretty relaxed, nebulizing patients with asthma, adjusting oxygen tubes that run through the nose or, in the most severe cases, setting up and managing ventilators. His patients were usually older, with chronic health conditions and bad lungs.

Since last week, he’s been running ventilators for the sickest COVID-19 patients. Many are relatively young, in their 40s and 50s, and have minimal, if any, preexisting conditions in their charts. He is overwhelmed, stunned by the manifestation of the infection, both its speed and intensity. The ICU where he works has essentially become a coronavirus unit. He estimates that his hospital has admitted dozens of confirmed or presumptive coronavirus patients. About a third have ended up on ventilators...

Edited by The Sisko

9 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

some businesses right? Just salons and gyms I thought based on wtkr, which I thought most of them were closed already.

Essential businesses remain open. Non-essential businesses where touching is completely unavoidable (salons, massage parlors, etc.) are closed. Non-essential businesses that can maintain social distancing for up to 10 customers (employees are not counted towards the limit) are allowed. If if it gets too crowded, then the business is expected to close.

For computer repair and printing stores like the one I work at, the number of customers at one time are low so we'll be staying open for now. Suddenly, every transaction feels a lot different though. Taking someone's credit card, touching the same payment terminal, even just holding sheets of paper they bring in are now things I can't stop from focusing on lol. Especially their cell phones, laptops, and tablets. I'd kill for a bottle of hand sanitizer to be in stock at the store across the road.

Edited by NickyJ

1 minute ago, NickyJ said:

Essential businesses remain open. Non-essential businesses where touching is completely unavoidable (salons, massage parlors, etc.) are closed. Non-essential businesses that can maintain social distancing for up to 10 customers are allowed. 

For computer repair and printing stores like the one I work at, the number of customers are low so we'll be staying open for now. Suddenly, every transaction feels a lot different though. 

So I assume service based business < 10 employees good to go... are you staying busy? 

32 minutes ago, China said:

IOC member says that 2020 Tokyo Olympics will be postponed due to coronavirus pandemic

Veteran International Olympic Committee member Dick Pound told USA TODAY Sports Monday afternoon that the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games are going to be postponed, likely to 2021, with the details to be worked out in the next four weeks.

Click on the link for the full article

This might be over in 2021 or they could be a recurrence.  Move it to 2022.  You know the 2022 Winter Games are in Beijing.  I wonder if that stays.

Edited by Rdskns2000

6 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

So I assume service based business < 10 employees good to go... are you staying busy? 

As far as I know, yes for service based business. Still lots of gray area though, but until they announce definitively, we'll stay open. As far as being busy, it's usually quiet most days, but we've seen a mild pick up in business the past 2 weeks. People are wanting their electronics tuned up for working and schooling from home, and asking for webcams to do video conferences. In over a year of being open, we've never been asked for it and are now ordering 6, 4 directly to one customer.

The accountant next door has locked his doors. He still lets people in, but people have to wait at the door for him to let them in. Insurances companies are going entirely from home now except for one person to manage the office.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Thanks 1

Why can't idiots do separate bills, instead of doing one big jumbo bill?

Bill 1:  Providing aid to the people via a payment to them.

Bill 2: Provide aid to anything medical related.

Bill 3: Provide aid to small businesses.

Bill 4: Provide aid to big business/various industries.

Bill 4 is the last one that should be prioritize.

I think all members of congress just need to be thrown out.  Run people independently, if you have to.  Get them all out. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I think all members of congress just need to be thrown out.  Run people independently, if you have to.  Get them all out. 

Because then you can't sneak any shady **** in. What fun is there in that?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, stoshuaj said:

My question is more to the application of the edict.  Something tells me if people had to abide by the 6 ft rule and queue up on Xs, they’d have less incentive to be there.

Admittedly, I’m already predisposed to think that most people are idiots AND self entitled so there’s that. 

I think Trader Joe's is limiting how many people can enter the store.  They are ways to ensure the 6 feet rule.

2 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

It's because each bill takes time to propose, make amendments to, and then run it out on the floor to vote. Nobody wants to take that time, especially when there's a political gold mine to cash into. ONE of the parties is going to be taking credit for being the original authors of the bill, the other will only get to say they agreed to it. They're going to fight tooth and nail in as short a time as possible before public support dries up and starts asking why they've spent so much time debating and so little time implementing it.

Musk isn’t good at people things... he should let his people handle people...

I think most of the Democrats demands are justified as reasonable, but I’m wondering how many headlines like this they can withstand...

0DA59F68-756A-4A4D-A864-D75FC78E9BB3.thumb.png.44ebbd8a978dd2dd09a0876ac327c634.png

Mitch is the leader of the house, the headline should be Mitch can’t get it done...

Also, notice the shift from news about the deaths/spread to the economic damage.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

It's because each bill takes time to propose, make amendments to, and then run it out on the floor to vote. Nobody wants to take that time, especially when there's a political gold mine to cash into. ONE of the parties is going to be taking credit for being the original authors of the bill, the other will only get to say they agreed to it. They're going to fight tooth and nail in as short a time as possible before public support dries up and starts asking why they've spent so much time debating and so little time implementing it.

I think it's because a big and ambiguous bill, you can stuff with a lot of dangerous crap. 

Just now, Fergasun said:

Woah... this bill didn't take time.  It was written in a week.  Congress doesn't work like a business anyway. 

I am doubling down saying, whatever they do won't be enough. 

Dow 10,000....

I’m not sure about that... there is a point where people just won’t sell because they’ve lost too much money to sell.

im at that point  8D