Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

6 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Are the Democrats proposing that Green New Deal items and voting reform legislation be included in the package?

The only thing I heard was Turtle Man complaining that Dems want airlines to combat emissions in their fleets if they are going to get more money. 

watching boris johnson giving his address to the nation

amazing how a once considered cartoonish political figure like boris johnson comes off as statesmanlike as winny himself after watching trump

he's like infinitely better lmfao

what a contrast between the content/delivery and the interactional style 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

amazing how a once considered cartoonish political figure like boris johnson comes off as statesmanlike as winny himself after watching trump

The fact that one of them is actually doing something that might help fight the ongoing epidemic probably helps his score, too.  

7 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

The difference is that Johnson's buffoon image (the always messed up hair, etc.) is a carefully created act to deflect criticism and generate sympathy. Trump is what he is, and can't help himself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Are the Democrats proposing that Green New Deal items and voting reform legislation be included in the package?

6 minutes ago, twa said:

yes

Does someone have a source for the specifics of the bill?  Actual bill text would be even more appreciated.

3 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Does someone have a source for the specifics of the bill?  Actual bill text would be even more appreciated.

It's being negotiated behind closed doors.  

Which, unfortunately, means that the only things we hear, out here, are the things that Side X claims that Side Y is doing.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thought I'd share this...a few employees where my wife works were stopped while driving to work by the National Guard and were told to go home unless they had a note stating that where they work has been deemed essential.

They are actually deemed essential so they went home got the note and went in.

Edited by Xameil
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

I think a Republican staff member complaining the Democrats discussed wanting to eliminate 10k of student loan debt per person.  Elizabeth Warren called for an agreement that business could only get support if they agreed to a permanent $15 dollar minimum wage for their company going forward.

I don't know if those are issues that were actually being requested in negotiations, but those are what some people are discussing as potentially problematic if they were being requested.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Xameil said:

Thought I'd share this...a few employees where my wife works were stopped while driving to work by the National Guard and were told to go home unless they had a note stating that where they work has been deemed essential.

They are actually deemed essential so they went home got the note and went in.

Interesting, although how do they know if people are going to work or going out for groceries?

Edited by visionary
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, visionary said:

Interesting, although how do they know if people are going to work or going out for groceries?

Wife and I were thinking the same thing actually...i think they pull you over and ask. If you dont say groceries, pharmacy or Dr. You're told to go home.