Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

1 hour ago, skinfan2k said:

this hasn't really hit the midwest yet.  People think its a joke still.   once these states close down all operations, then they will feel it. 

I saw something that Ohio was doing something.

How much will society be altered after this? Any at all? I think unless this becomes a yearly thing, things won't change much. Especially, once there is a vaccine.

33 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I saw something that Ohio was doing something.

How much will society be altered after this? Any at all? I think unless this becomes a yearly thing, things won't change much. Especially, once there is a vaccine.

unfortunately nothing is like to change on a grand scale. 

On 1/23/2020 at 2:16 PM, kfrankie said:

Here's one of my favorite far side cartoons.  I'm not saying its anywhere near time to panic over this, but if there's like a 1/1000 chance this breaks out into a real plague hindsight will be 20/20:

image.png.017bb44bd8b4e0a93e7da12166677f9e.png

So i posted this back on 1/23....  Then about a month later I told people to stop panicking we'd take care of it, and that anyone who keeps panicking deserved a backhand slap to the face.  I'm all over the place on this one.

8 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Unfortunately, this does virtually nothing...  It's tough not to fit into one of the exceptions on the list in the Order.  Just got an email from the big boss saying we're staying open, which wasn't a surprise, but there's quite a bit of ambiguity for other businesses.

Dialysis just gave us a curfew letter, if there’s a curfew and we have be out. 

None here yet. Desantis is considering shutting down the state; so may get another letter if we have to stay at home.

My roommate got a letter from his work,Sears. The letter stated was an essential business to be open because they sell hardware. I disagree with Sears and government opinion.

2 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

this hasn't really hit the midwest yet.  People think its a joke still.   once these states close down all operations, then they will feel it. 

Illinois basically shut down over the weekend, Ohio shut down today, Wisconsin and Michigan is shutting down tomorrow. 

Edited by Yohan

2 hours ago, Dan T. said:

I say we start calling it the Trump Flu.

#Trumpflu

He likes to claim the bigliest in all things.  He’s about to actually get it in this case.

2 minutes ago, Yohan said:

Illinois basically shut down over the weekend, Ohio shut down today, Wisconsin is shutting down tomorrow. 

anyone have a specific definition of “shutting down”.   As long as people are piling into WalMart en masse, it’s pure window dressing (imho)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, stoshuaj said:

He likes to claim the bigliest in all things.  He’s about to actually get it in this case.

anyone have a specific definition of “shutting down”.   As long as people are piling into WalMart en masse, it’s pure window dressing (imho)

All non essential businesses, which is kind of loose, because you if there is any relation to government or military, you can stay open.

As far as Walmart or any other grocery store, people need to eat unless you are okay with people going Jeffery Dahmer. (but I do agree with your point)

Not sure what happened to that 9/11 vs coronavirus thread that was posted a week or so ago, but after some rumination, it's this, for me.  Hands down.  Although 9/11 happened almost 20 years ago (yikes) it's kinda hard to go back to what the thoughts and feelings were at that time.  More shocking?  9/11, for sure.  Didn't know what was going to happen next, didn't know if there'd be more terrorist acts or not.  But with super-heightened national security on watch, there felt like there was some semblance of protection.  Dubya's approval rating, IIRC, went through the roof, I think he responded to it well.  Rudy Giuliani (shut up, I know it's hard to think of him as anything else right now other than Trump's lapdog) showed leadership.  9/11, if you didn't have any friends or family in the towers, or at the Pentagon or on the flights...affected everyone emotionally, at least.  This is going to affect everyone from an emotional standpoint, financial standpoint, and, of course, a lot of people from a health perspective, too.  

That, and we've got a complete doofus leading us right now.  At least with Dubya, at that point in his presidency, he came across as a capable leader during a national tragedy.  Trump is not that guy as we've seen time and time again.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/20/2020 at 10:19 PM, China said:

I just saw an ad for the Summer Olympics.  What are the odds that it even happens?  I'd wager it gets canceled.

IOC member says that 2020 Tokyo Olympics will be postponed due to coronavirus pandemic

Veteran International Olympic Committee member Dick Pound told USA TODAY Sports Monday afternoon that the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games are going to be postponed, likely to 2021, with the details to be worked out in the next four weeks.

Click on the link for the full article

Central church hosts more than 1,800 people amid covid-19 outbreak

CENTRAL, La. (FOX 44) (LOCAL 33) The Life Tabernacle Church hosted 1,825 people at their Sunday morning service.

26 buses were used to pick people up from around the Baton Rouge area and transport them to Sunday service.

Pastor Tony Spell says the way to handle a pandemic is through the healing hand of Jesus.

That is our command, they shall lay hands on the sick and they shall recover.

Social distancing did not happen at the service, held outside. All 1,825 people were spread across the campuses seven buildings.

Throughout the service parishioners could be seen touching each other and closely gathering, very few wearing masks or gloves.

Spell says if anyone in his congregation contracts covid-19 he will heal them through God.

“I’m going to address that by laying hands on them and praying for them and depending on God to heal their body,” Spell said.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, China said:

CENTRAL, La. (FOX 44) (LOCAL 33) The Life Tabernacle Church hosted 1,825 people at their Sunday morning service.

26 buses were used to pick people up from around the Baton Rouge area and transport them to Sunday service.

Pastor Tony Spell says the way to handle a pandemic is through the healing hand of Jesus.

Social distancing did not happen at the service, held outside. All 1,825 people were spread across the campuses seven buildings.

Throughout the service parishioners could be seen touching each other and closely gathering, very few wearing masks or gloves.

Spell says if anyone in his congregation contracts covid-19 he will heal them through God.

“I’m going to address that by laying hands on them and praying for them and depending on God to heal their body,” Spell said.

Please be sure to not waver in the faith and seek medical care if any of them get covid.  😒

5 minutes ago, China said:

These people need to go get ****ed in the neck.

Christianity, one of things they love to preach is to love thy neighbor.  Well, loving thy neighbor isn't doing this.  Loving thy neighbor is staying the **** home and not spreading a virus around. 

I believe Christianity teaches some good things, but let's be real here, this is a money grab.  I'm sure the plate was passed around and these idiots put anywhere in from 5-25 bucks, maybe even more.  On the low end, say everyone there put in 5 bucks, that's 9, 125 dollars in an hour or two, putting their parishioners health and safety at risk and everyone else they come into contact with at risk, too.

Nice.

• Like 1