Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

Advanced issue found

6 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

just a reminder that republicans can end this madness whenever they so choose, but they choose not to. future deaths are on their hands as well

Least it will be many of his followers.

Edited by Skintime

16 minutes ago, Hooper said:

A lot of the "get back to work in a week or two" crowd is going to end up in the hospital and possibly the morgue.

That's the point, to get the spike out the way.

It's so obvious now, now that the body numbers are going up, the only thing he can do is get it out the way and the economy started as soon as possible to see if enough goldfish vote to reelect him.

I knew this was coming, giving up trying to contain the virus and focusing on saving the economy again, it's what China did. At best they are trying to do both, but China and now us aren't going to sacrifice the economy to save lives if they believe they are going to die anyway.  

Edited by Renegade7
  • Sad 1

Just now, Gibbit said:

Man I don't think you really believe he has a cult. Even the most ardent have to be questioning if hes the right guy for the job

What?  No they havent. They’re unapologetic about it. 

what country do you live in?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

This is just more bull**** that will ultimately end in “I never said that”. It’s no different than his garbage in late February when the case number was going to go from 15 to 0 in a week. 

What’s really happening is that the country is responding to a pandemic and a complete buffoon is weighing down the efforts and doing his best to make the situation worse. The simple choice is to accept bad news and make tough calls, but instead he’s opting for the “listen to any moron who will till me what I want to hear” option. And this is really how the average GOPer thinks so it’s in line with the people who elected him. Dumb and ignorant of their stupidity.

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

but it can't be restricted to his followers, that gambles not worth playing

Completely agree, but we can't stop him and they won't. If we can get to a point where there are fewer of them then we may save the rational part of the country. Personally I think he should be removed, but his base thinks that this is not a big deal and cowpoke and twa keep insisting that we are overreacting. The GOP in its entirety is the real problem, trump is just a stupid condition of a far greater danger. 

Edited by Skintime

I'm going to take a shower.

@Destino think you mentioned Brix seemed surprisingly nice and well read for this administration.  But she just said something like no one could've predicted a global pandemic at the same time as flu season.  So that means the possible pandemic they "didn't see coming" would've only happened when it was warm, in a year it didn't snow in DC.

20 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

There isn’t evidence of that claim... most of the deaths have been in people who are very old and have significant health problems already.  

Plenty of stories of people in their 40s on ventilators.

That is no joke. 

• Thanks 2

Just now, Renegade7 said:

I'm going to take a shower.

@Destino think you mentioned Brix seemed surprisingly nice and well read for this administration.  But she just said something like no one could've predicted a global pandemic at the same time as flu season.  So that means the possible pandemic they "didn't see coming" would've only happened when it was warm, in a year it didn't snow in DC.

Did I?  I’m the one that said she struck me as condescending from the first time she got up on the stage and said something like “but you guys aren’t interested in the details”.  

1 minute ago, spjunkies said:

How in the world do people support this? Do republicans not have vulnerable people in their family? Even if I supported him, this would be a step way too far!

Remember they are mainly old and white. They will go first.

16 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Hoppers claim was that people who want to get back to work will end up dying from the disease. I’m sorry, but that isn’t reality.  

We'll see. I really hope you are right and I am wrong. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gibbit said:

Man I don't think you really believe he has a cult. Even the most ardent have to be questioning if hes the right guy for the job

We're watching in real-time the pushback. Soon, they'll be calling the coronavirus a "Blue State" problem that Red States don't have to worry about.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hooper said:

Plenty of stories of people in their 40s on ventilators.

That is no joke. 

Those are stories shared on twitter meant to induce shares, retweets, and fear.  The average age of death from corona virus is 80....  (march 10)

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/coronavirus-outbreak-03-10-20-intl-hnk/h_756ae86885c0377629fc126a9086a172

3 minutes ago, Destino said:

Did I?  I’m the one that said she struck me as condescending from the first time she got up on the stage and said something like “but you guys aren’t interested in the details”.  

Maybe I misread it, I don't feel like rewinding the tape, it's official she in the same boat we should be pushing out to sea right now. 

1 minute ago, Gibbit said:

I still don't understand what trump is going to do? He didn't enact any work stoppages to begin with did he. Its all up to the states

True, but this is going to open up states with foolish governors to say "go out, work, party this is not a big deal guys".

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Those are stories shared on twitter meant to induce shares, retweets, and fear.  The average age of death from corona virus is 80....  (march 10)

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/coronavirus-outbreak-03-10-20-intl-hnk/h_756ae86885c0377629fc126a9086a172

Death is one thing.

Crazy illness.

Some people... feels like a cold.

Others -- of various ages -- end up on ventilators.

But hey, maybe it is just all twitter nonsense. 

Either way, be safe everyone.

2 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

True, but this is going to open up states with foolish governors to say "go out, work, party this is not a big deal guys".

California is the fifth biggest economy in the world and schools are closed until May 1st.

Trump can't just wish this thing away.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

LOL that date. Many many deaths ago. Just 100 so far today