Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

1 minute ago, redskins59 said:

I know this is not realistic at all, but the ultimate solution may be to test all 300 million like they tested everybody  in Vo, Italy (very small town).  You will obviously need to test a few times. Anybody who enters HAS to be tested.

We are struggling to produce a million test kits, so it is just a dream.

man you seen how far they stick that thing up your nose? Ill just keep washing my hands and singing happy birthday

• Haha 2

I'll also add, I think it is actually unlikely we'll have to shut things down for 12 months.  The news on the drug front is looking good.  And there's even some evidence that the HIV protease that appears to have failed in S. Korea was not our best bet at finding an effective protease inhibitor.  I suspect we'll see some clinical trials start up w

I do think if we can act to keep things slow for another 2 weeks it is likely that we'll have some ways to treat it in larger scale clinical trials.  Yes, a lot of people will still get sick, but if you have some good drugs you should be able to cut the length of hospitalizations (which means the healthcare system is less likely to get overwhelmed), the number of deaths and even the number of people that live but suffer long term consequences.  I'm more hopeful that getting back to normal in a few weeks is much more likely than I was 3 days ago.

Edited by PeterMP
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

guys, please stop yourselves

skintime, there's a lot i could say about where you may be right and ti what degree and where you might be wrong etc., but not gonna do it

what i will suggest is you recognize that twa gets to you in general and you snap every now and then in a way that gets you in trouble cuz you go too personal and off-topic

so just stop doing it, or do it better to avoid another temp ban...i usually hate those

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Hooper said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/olympic-gold-medalist-cameron-van-der-burgh-battling-coronavirus-n1166961

Olympic swimmer describes the toll the virus has taken on him.

Good thing most Americans are in way better shape than this wuss!

kinda off topic, but I wonder if his years of chlorine exposure might be a factor?

https://www.swimmingworldmagazine.com/news/the-silent-assassin-is-chlorine-hurting-swimmers-more-than-it-is-helping-them/

Not that the virus doesn't impact everyone

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, tshile said:

im very close to telling my employer I cannot work. 

we are two working parent household and my wife works in the medical field and is directly involved in this. So she cannot participate in the running the house at all. 

not sure what the employer will say but we’ve already discussed that we can make it on her income and if the boss isn’t willing to work on this reasonably then I’ll resign. 

Sucks but you play the cards you’re dealt. 

You might want to research the proposed unemployment and extended paid leave being discussed in proposals.  There may be options besides resigning that protect some of your income/benefits.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fergasun said:

I forgot the sarcasm tag on my quote.  These past 2 weeks I was shocked that our society was actually going to value life and people over what we think of as a "successful economy".... now that people are seeing the impact... its "throw grandma off the train."

Even people who think our economy is structured poorly has too much debt... even they seem worried about protecting the economy over people. 

It's more than a little ironic to me that most of the same folks espousing the economy first position are also right to life evangelicals. So, they will bomb your abortion clinic or murder a doctor for killing an almost but not quite person, they'll march outside your hospital if you want to disconnect a brain dead patient, but when it comes to saving tens or hundreds of thousands of viable, extant lives, they're all about dat cheedah first baby! ...because that's what Jesus would do.🙄 They're as full of 💩 as their pimp preachers. Maybe they should change the name of the movement to "Right to life....for the ROI".

1 hour ago, spjunkies said:

Correction. "Those of us that are 70+ and who have plenty of money and the right connections to have access to the truth while you morons sacrifice yourselves, will take care of ourselves."

34 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

From the former FDA boss who served under the lunatic-in-chief. 

For the younger folks that think they don't have anything to worry about, the silver lining here is that the medical bills they'll be left with will make them totally forget about their student loans.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

i haven't seen/heard...so any of these plans also send the money to people already on social security only, or other govt assistance programs?

like the large tier of people who aren't taxpayers cuz their only income is social security....or people who already get food stamps, medicaid, and maybe other assistance for their kids but aren't paying taxes

asking for relatives who ask for cash i won't send

• Thanks 3

14 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

i haven't seen/heard...so any of these plans also send the money to people already on social security only, or other govt assistance programs?

like the large tier of people who aren't taxpayers cuz their only income is social security....or people who already get food stamps, medicaid, and maybe other assistance for their kids but aren't paying taxes

asking for relatives who ask for cash i won't send

Summary of the House Democrats mentions retirees. Can't imagine any of these other groups not being covered by the Dems. Don't know about the Republican plan though.

Edited by Cooked Crack

1 hour ago, redskins59 said:

I know this is not realistic at all, but the ultimate solution may be to test all 300 million like they tested everybody  in Vo, Italy (very small town).  You will obviously need to test a few times. Anybody who enters HAS to be tested.

We are struggling to produce a million test kits, so it is just a dream.

I honestly think this is going to be in the endgame. We wasted so much time, and our national leaders are injecting so much idiocy that the health care system won't be able to handle.

24 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

"Anyone Else See Something Wrong Here?" video

I dunno. Is there something wrong with people ordering packages online and those packages getting shipped by airliners? You can't tell me that ALL those planes are full of passengers.