Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

9 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

Going back to work is only bad for the elderly and people with "underlying health conditions"... the economy will move on without them.

This kind of thinking is going to be proven tragically wrong for a lot of people.

3 minutes ago, Hooper said:

A lot of the "get back to work in a week or two" crowd is going to end up in the hospital and possibly the morgue.

There isn’t evidence of that claim... most of the deaths have been in people who are very old and have significant health problems already.  

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

There isn’t evidence of that claim... most of the deaths have been in people who are very old and have significant health problems already.  

you mean the acceptable casualties, so let's get back to work?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Jumbo said:

you mean the acceptable casualties, so let's get back to work?

There are acceptable casualties in life.  It’s a shame, but it’s the truth.  The world is built on, at best, a safety third mindset.   I’m not sure what you are looking for here. How many construction works die building sky scrapers? Electricians get electrocuted wiring buildings?  Hunters die hunting? Fisherman drown fishing? People dying from drugs, alchohol, and guns? We are willing to accept death in change for what we like.  If we can do something to help, i’m all for it. I’m not sure ending it like trump wants to do in two weeks is the right answer, but i know at some point we have to.

Hoppers claim was that people who want to get back to work will end up dying from the disease. I’m sorry, but that isn’t reality.  

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84
  • Haha 1

Its still a governor or even a buisness owner decision though right? If they can get this relief package passed Id think people would have options. I mean what is Trump going to actually do to force folks back to work. Simply giving your boss the option? blame your boss and quit imo.

Edited by Gibbit

1 minute ago, StillUnknown said:

just a reminder that republicans can end this madness whenever they so choose, but they choose not to. future deaths are on their hands as well

The crazy thing is about this is their base are the ones MOST IMPACTED BY THIS DUMB ASS STRATEGY!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gibbit said:

Its still a governor or even a buisness owner decision though right? If they can get this relief package passed Id think people would have options. I mean what is Trump going to actually do to force folks back to work. Simply giving your boss the option? blame your boss and quit imo

Don't underestimate the millions of Red Staters who think this is a hoax and will take their cues from Agent Orange.

We really shouldn’t be talking about getting back to work as a national issue.  What New York has to do is probably not the same thing as small town Idaho, or even another major city with a much lower amount of cases.  Drastic measures aren’t one size fits all for a country the size of the US.  

What we need from Trump is tests and masks.   We need places to err on the side of testing far more than is strictly needed.  We need data for state leaders to make decisions.  We need protective equipment for hospitals so that our health care pros can stay in the fight.  I wish a Trump would focus on his part to play.  Let the doctors their jobs, and focus his efforts on making the deals he enjoys so much, to get our states the supplies they need.  

The economy isn’t a trivial consideration, people need to work, but if we want to speed a recovery we need everyone to perform their roles to the best of their ability. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, FanboyOf91 said:

Don't underestimate the millions of Red Staters who think this is a hoax and will take their cues from Agent Orange.

Man I don't think you really believe he has a cult. Even the most ardent have to be questioning if hes the right guy for the job

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1